HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sather in Edmonton today

Old
02-27-2007, 12:44 AM
JamesG1221

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
can someone explain to me this fascination with messier being gm .... just bc kevin lowe does a good job in edm doesnt mean every ex play who has ZERO personal and management experience can come in and do a good job. the first time he deals prucha for the rights to serge nemchenov everyone will be off that bandwagon

I'm the resident Messier die hard on most boards and even I will say that Maloney is more then the appropriate choice to run this team once Sather steps down.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 12:47 AM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Maybe while out there, he'll have an epiphany, and wake the F up, and start doing more for this team.

::::Sather opens his old locker...."oh look! my brains. knew I left them somewhere round these parts"::::::

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 01:02 AM
JRGNYR

Honestly I think the Rangers stand pat. It's certainly not the best option but it's better than selling off prospects for a quick fix that is realistically and mathematically becoming less of a possibility with each passing day.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:34 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I think Maloney is there too. How perfect is that?

In the 24+ hours when they have to decide the immediate future of the franchise, Sather is back in Edmonton reliving the glory days, where he actually had some success.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why he's there and I think he should be there. But man, this is a perfect picture of our season, and maybe the last seven years as well.

Sather brought his body back to visit his heart.
What about teams that are on the road? If their GM is with them are they out of touch too? In case you haven't noticed most people these days have cell phones and another new invention called call forwarding. Also there are these things called lap tops that allow you to electronically view all those big charts you have hanging in your war room.

Now, what was your point?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:42 AM
philbo

Thanks Edmonton

Why did they schedule Mess' banner night they day of the trading deadline? Is this date signifigant in Mess' Edmonton's career?

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
SPG

Maybe I'm missing something, but does it really matter? The game doesn't start until 4+ hours after the deadline passes.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Levitate

I think he's saying that it's distracting Sather from working the trade deadline.

But they have these wonderful inventions called "phones" these days. Let's you communicate with people over long distances. Remarkable.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think he's saying that it's distracting Sather from working the trade deadline.

But they have these wonderful inventions called "phones" these days. Let's you communicate with people over long distances. Remarkable.
No way!?

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
gravy121

The reason for it being scheduled tongiht was simply cause Gretzky's Yotes are in town, do not believe this can possibly hinder any team from making trades

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:09 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
What about teams that are on the road? If their GM is with them are they out of touch too? In case you haven't noticed most people these days have cell phones and another new invention called call forwarding. Also there are these things called lap tops that allow you to electronically view all those big charts you have hanging in your war room.

Now, what was your point?
Wow, condescending much?

My point is the irony that Sather is in Edmonton, where he actually had success, while he's deciding the immediate future of our franchise. If you actually read my post you'd see that I said I understand why he's there, and think he should be there. I just find it ironic, that's all. Calm down.

As far as teams being on the road, does Sather even travel with the Rangers? Not all GM's do, especially around the trade deadline.

Relax bro.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:12 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post

Maloney is making these deals with a final nod from Sather
I kinda get the feeling that's pretty much what Sather does...nods.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Maloney is making these deals with a final nod from Sather
I kinda doubt that. I'm sure Maloney has a lot of input, but I'd be surprised if Sather wasn't the one doing the bargaining.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote