HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr on block - according to Brooks

Old
02-27-2007, 07:22 AM
GarretJoseph

vCash: 500
I hope he stays. Hes one of my favs.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:22 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUQ View Post
Wake up, Jagr is going nowhere.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Jagr loves NY, he said that billiontimes.
He wants to make some noise here, not to vanish here and move to another club.
Jagr didn't put anyone on the block, he critized Ward once (as many other players) and only Ward feels like he is treated unfairly...
Yeah, I defenitly don't belive JJ have asked for a trade.

But I am not all that suprised if Jagr is beeing shopped. I like Jagr, but he is de facto uncoachable. Inorder for Jagr to be successful, he must play the style he wants, his linemates must play the style he wants. Jagr is also a pretty special person.

This team got a deep identity problem, first and foremost thats what we need to adjust. We must create a NYR identity that can be successful. Thats a long process of building it up pice by pice.

Jagr, wheter he got a C or not, is the leader of this team. We all know how is mentaly, the question is how much he is helping the team at this point?

We can't have a game plan through all 4 lines. Very much of our game is just Jagr.

Lets say we had a Paul Kariya instead of a Jagr, we could have a gameplan through all 4 lines. Our top offensive player wouldn't be moody. He would score allot less though. IMO, it all comes down to if we can get a real building pice for the future, I am not talking about a Ryan Parent or Scottie Upshall, but a really good young player/prospect like a Jordan Staal for example, and other prospects or picks, or a vet who is a downgrade from Jagr but still can play on a top line.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Levitate

Yes, if the Rangers could score a top young player and some draft picks for Jagr, it might not be a bad idea.

That being said, I think the odds are slim that it happens.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jagr loves NY, he said that billiontimes.
He wants to make some noise here, not to vanish here and move to another club.
Seems like his MO. Vanish Pitt, hello WSH. Vanish WSH, hello NYR. Vanish NYR,hello ____?

Quote:
Jagr didn't put anyone on the block, he critized Ward once (as many other players) and only Ward feels like he is treated unfairly...
No he didn't put any one on the block, and frankly what he said to Ward should not be a big deal. But Ward blowing up must be part of a bigger problem. He most likely doesn't like Jagr's style of play and maybe even Jagr. But what I am concerned about is how many of the other guys feel the same as Ward? He didn't outright as for Ward to be traded, but its natural when there are problems in the lockerroom.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:38 AM
pcem

Basically, what they are going to do with Jagr is the measure how serious they are about the future. If Slats gets a good package for Jagr, we finally could have the top forward prospects we don't have. Also, if we move Jagr, the other teams in the partner's conference might get desperate and buy the likes of Nylander for a good price. The fire sale from 2004 did not land too many really good prospects, so the Rangers are still in need for them. Also, we might have a really bad season next year and land a top prospect in the 2008 draft.

This should be the way to go

pcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Levitate

It's natural to have locker room problems when the team is struggling...

You think all these guys aren't frustrated as hell? You think that doesn't lead to flared tempers and guys being quick to anger over things they normally would shrug off?

I tend to think it has a lot more to do with the team struggling right now than anything else.

In other words, the cause is the Rangers troubles on the ice. The effect is the apparent locker room discord. Not the other way around.

Old
02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-422604c.html

Ward has played with Roddy Brind'Amour and Stevie Y so he would know real leadership

Than he should step up himself

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
My question is why did John Dellapina wait until today to write details of what actually happened between Jagr and Ward plus the other players?Or did someone give him the story as a way to set up the reasons for a possible trade?
The story has been circulating for a week or so

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yes, if the Rangers could score a top young player and some draft picks for Jagr, it might not be a bad idea.

That being said, I think the odds are slim that it happens.
San Jose is a real intriguing partner even having traded one of their 1sts for Rivet.

Michalek, 2007 1st, 2008 2nd; Pavelski/Bernier, McGinn, 2007 1st, 2007 3rd, 2008 1st; Vlasic, 2007 1st, 2008 2nd.

Old
02-27-2007, 07:52 AM
WheresBarnaby

Gotta love the Post, that article is basically a headline followed by crap. It may as well just say blah blah blah, like in the nintendo game paperboy.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:55 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Gotta love the Post, that article is basically a headline followed by crap. It may as well just say blah blah blah, like in the nintendo game paperboy.
Hahahah nice! I loved that game!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Seems like his MO. Vanish Pitt, hello WSH. Vanish WSH, hello NYR. Vanish NYR,hello ____?

No he didn't put any one on the block, and frankly what he said to Ward should not be a big deal. But Ward blowing up must be part of a bigger problem. He most likely doesn't like Jagr's style of play and maybe even Jagr. But what I am concerned about is how many of the other guys feel the same as Ward? He didn't outright as for Ward to be traded, but its natural when there are problems in the lockerroom.
He didn't vanish in Pittsburgh or NYR...99,5% players would pray for seasons he had in PIT or NYR...WSH is something different.
Maybe it can be that only Ward was not afraid to yell at JJ, or it is that only Ward is egocentric player who doesn't admit mistake...but it's pure speculation there.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
He wants to make some noise here, not to vanish here and move to another club...
Well then maybe he should man up and go for a shootout once in a while. Can't make much noise watching on the bench.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:01 AM
free0717

Aaron Ward needs to get over it and look at his own game instead of being a thin skinned sensitive Oaf.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He didn't vanish in Pittsburgh or NYR...99,5% players would pray for seasons he had in PIT or NYR...WSH is something different.

Hogwash. Jagr is a supreme, one go round talent like Yzerman that need not change clubs as many times as he did. He should have been THE man in Pittsburgh. And in Washington. And in New York.

Old
02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Aaron Ward needs to get over it and look at his own game instead of being a thin skinned sensitive Oaf.
Or maybe Jagr needs to earn some respect from his teamates.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
For real. It wasn't even like "Damn, Aaron. You suck. You have no hockey sense. If I were GM you wouldn't be on the team." No. It was, "Man, Aaron. Hold onto the puck when we're making a line change instead of dumping it in." I think his few rings made him in over his head.

Old
02-27-2007, 08:09 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Pure and simple, the future of this team is not Jaromir Jagr. The seeds are starting to grow - all you have to do is look at HFDs amazing run since the holidays to see it - but they will not be able to bloom so long as Jags and his entorage dominate the playing time at the big club. We no longer need the placeholders.

There are some vets who were brought in to be part of the Jaromir contingent and some that were brought in to mentor the kids - only thing is, with both groups in place there isn't that much room for the kids. So...

1) If you CAN do it, you move him and Nylander and Malik and perhaps one or two more and then call up kids for the rest of the season. Get some nice prospects and picks, pick high in the draft and then Re-sign Shanny, go after say a Drury (all concussed first line) as team leaders and the youth movement is under full swing in summer 2007.

2) If you can't, well, you keep truckin' along as is and then need to look at making room in the offseason.

3) Or <gulp> start trading young assets for more pieces to put around Jags - which would be EXTREMELY shortsighted, but is the sort of thing this team would've done in 2002. Let's hope they don't revert to bad habits.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:10 AM
pld459666

Quote:
San Jose is a real intriguing partner even having traded one of their 1sts for Rivet.

Michalek, 2007 1st, 2008 2nd; Pavelski/Bernier, McGinn, 2007 1st, 2007 3rd, 2008 1st; Vlasic, 2007 1st, 2008 2nd.
I'd take

Bernier, Clowe, the SJ 20071st and 2008 1st for Jagr

I think that would be a nice return.

Additionally I'd like to look at teams that may be peripheral in scope.

Like Minnesota, a package surrounding Pouliot, Sheppard and the Minn 07 1st rounder

or even a team like Nashville.

I know they just traded for Forsberg, but with Sully and Hartnell now hurt they may be willing to part with a kid like Radulov. Longshot I know, but they still have some real nice youth in Legwand, Hartnell and Erat.

Anaheim would be a nice landing place, but the windbag GM has stated his position of not parting with some of their prized possessions (who could blame him really)

But it's worth looking into if we could get Penner or Perry or Ryan out of that organization that would be nice.

Wishful thinking on my part I know.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Nash and BJ's 2007 First Round Pick and 2nd rounder in 2008 for Jagr. I'd do it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:15 AM
dank

2% chance (or something tiny like that) that he actually gets traded..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:17 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
And go back to Canes for a first please.

Old
02-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Levitate

Quote:

Bernier is intriguing, but I'd want more than just him. Michalek is more intriguing, but San Jose would probably be more reluctant to part with him.

None of their prospects really intrigue me...and I'm not sure they'd give up Matt Carle and Bernier, which is what I might shoot for

Old
02-27-2007, 08:19 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Or maybe Jagr needs to earn some respect from his teamates.
Over 600 goals, 1,500 points...2 stanley cups... captain of the team.... I don't think he needs to earn jack ****.