HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Has the Quality of posts in our forum declined over the past year?

View Poll Results: Has the Quality of posts in our forum declined over the past year?
Yes 13 46.43%
No 9 32.14%
I've been posting for less than a year 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 01:13 AM
PensFan68

vCash: 500
Looking at the Pens main board, the top 10 consist of:

4 about Fleury being sent down
2 about how bad/not bad the Pens are
1 about a Pens movie
The other 3 aren't that bad(game thread, players over 35, and one on Buchberger-which should be in the bad/not bad thread).

It really gets annoying. Not only do people post the same things, but they all have to do it in seperate threads.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:15 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
John19 was a good poster, but newbies and "clowns" (as he used to say) really ticked him off so he seemed to come off as aggressive and argumentitive to some. DONTBESOHARDONJAGS, affectionately known as HardOn, was a pretty good one, as was Pags68 who now only rarely posts in the fantasy league board.

Captain Coyote, SE17 and Cosmo Kramer (now Eli Cash) are good ones that keep things going. As does tom servo who already posts here occaisionally.
after me and some others actually *****ed him out in one thread, he actually got a lot better. i do remember HardOn and Cosmo Kramer. i am surprised Captain Coyote is still around. not sure if you remeber me, but my name on the board was Slapshot.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:41 AM
DJ Spinoza

There are also some out of state posters there that are good.

If I were to link you to the top few threads going right now, you'd never go back.

One of the best posters there was Stoosh, but he left with the influx of idiots as well. He now is a writer for the site burghsportsguys.com.

clefty, it's Captain Coyote that changed his name to Eli Cash. I think the board has some type of bug which is why people couldn't post. SectionE lost his account and had to reregister. Same with Captain.

Funny how the dumb board has to let some people post but won't let people who are here join.

Cosmo rarely posts in the Upper GD anymore, he's more confined to the day threads.

I post at letsgopens.com, which can be decent. One of our writers came from there (EricBowser). I also post at the Tribune Review boards. That's basically the place where I argue with everyone. It's pretty much a group of Bob Smizik's, no one knows much about hockey, they just bash Mario and CP all day.

Quote:
It really gets annoying. Not only do people post the same things, but they all have to do it in seperate threads.
Not only this, but how many posts have you seen that are just obvious one line crap posts? There are so many I just want to rip my hair out when I read threads.

Ugh...anyways, enough of that rant.

Old
01-30-2004, 01:55 AM
spence___

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
got on the nerves of a lot of people and couldnt control his temper.
That's a shame, he never really bothered me.

Old
01-30-2004, 02:29 AM
Plan 9

Doesn't Hipster Doofus post there too? I recognized the name when he signed up here.

Old
01-30-2004, 02:44 AM
DJ Spinoza

The Doofus L Hipster of our boards isn't the same as over there, but I'm about 99% sure Hipster from there posts here. He doesn't post over there anymore, there was an incident in which he was temporarily banned but probably wisely just didn't come back.

I go there by habit.

Old
01-30-2004, 03:09 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing

That's basically the place where I argue with everyone.
maybe thats our problem. no one argues with anymore anymore. though i guess being a mod i would have had a parrt in that. then again, i did get in a fair share of the arguments on this board before i was a mod. . .

Old
01-30-2004, 03:10 AM
DJ Spinoza

There's really not to much to argue about. We could argue about the degree of suckiness I guess.

I think we all pretty much get what's going on, there's not really much to debate.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:51 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
I could be completely lowering the standards
you're not.

Old
01-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Evilo

Quote:
maybe thats our problem. no one argues with anymore anymore. though i guess being a mod i would have had a parrt in that. then again, i did get in a fair share of the arguments on this board before i was a mod. . .
You know I'm a mod, and I can't help...

Old
01-30-2004, 06:39 AM
stardog

Quote:
I get in arguments all the time on here....I'm just opinionated i guess. But sometimes translation doesnt come across to well on a message board and some people have taken things I have said the wrong way, which I feel bad about....

Old
02-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Evilo

First what is your point about any "ban"?
Second, bans policies are private matters except if Kutdachhez feels like talking about it...
I suggest you PM him for this kind of information.

Closed Thread