HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr on block - according to Brooks

Old
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02272007...rk_everson.htm

Don't know if I believe it, it is Brooks.
What's not to believe? He doesn't really say anything. If Sather is blown away by an offer, he'll trade Jagr. That can hardly be news.

bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Than he should step up himself
maybe he did by his actions .... who else was goign to? straka? nylander? all of jj's friends? personally im glad this is happening and i hope he is traded, but i think allot of people are expecting the kitchen sink for him are nuts. he is not the same player as last year, but that said you should still be able to get a great prospect and and 2 very high picks for him which would be more then enough for me to move him

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
free0717

Jags going nowhere. We need him this year, next year and the year after. After that he can go to Russia.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Seems like his MO. Vanish Pitt, hello WSH. Vanish WSH, hello NYR. Vanish NYR,hello ____?
Doesn't sound like he ever wanted to go to Washignton.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:26 AM
UAGoalieGuy

If Jagr is to be dealt it is going to take that team's #1 prospect, top young player and a 1st rounder at the least.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Nash and BJ's 2007 First Round Pick and 2nd rounder in 2008 for Jagr. I'd do it.
Sure but why would the Jackets?

Old
02-27-2007, 09:28 AM
BigNastyDawg

Would this be an offer that blows Sather away?

Jagr to Anaheim for Dustin Penner, Bobby Ryan, Mark Mitera, Tampa Bays first round pick in 2007 and Conditional 08 First rounder if Jagr wins the Conn Smythe Trophy.

We could only hope.

BigNastyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Fletch

Who knows...

what's going on here. I can't even put together words. It makes sense for Sather to field offers for Jagr, and he likely knows full well that there isn't an offer out there that he's going to like. I dunno.

Question: if Jagr is traded, do the Rangers then have to pick up Washington's half and take a nearly $5MM cap hit on a player who's not playing on the team?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:29 AM
ish

I don't see it happening but I'd trade him in a heartbeat. Without even being overly concerned about what we get because the real value in trading Jagr would be truly taking the plunge into rebuilding and ridding ourselves of a lame captain. Even if a lot of our prospects develop into the core of the team Jagr was going to be too old to be a part of it anyway.

ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
What a difference a season makes. Last time this year we were talking about whether the Rangers would ever retire Jagr's number. And now we're here talking about dealing him.

Not really sure what Brooks is saying as he's not saying a whole lot. If Glen Sather gets on offer that blows him away, he'll trade him. That's hardly newsworthy — that's his job.

And the bit about straight-up for Betuzzi makes no sense whatsoever.

Looks like Larry did his job again today. He wrote it, you read it and now we're talking about it.

Old
02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Evgeny Oliker

I am for trading Jagr because he is not a good leader. It doesnt matter what happened with Ward. The issue is that your captain has to be able to LEAD at least by example, if not with words. Jagr can't even lead by example...he refuses to go in Shootouts!

Possible destinations for Jagr:
San Jose - I dont think they will go for him. They already gave up a 1st rounder to get Rivet. Also, San Jose has a very DEEP forward lineup.

Anaheim - I doubt they will go for him either since their GM does not like giving up a lot of high picks and prospects.

Who may really want him:
Detroit - They already have Jagr's old body Robert Lang. Detroit is also a team that is often willing to give up 1st rounders and prospects for a top player (see:Schneider).

Pittsburgh - If they are serious about making a playoff run, they may want to consider Jagr. He had his best seasons in Pittsburgh. Also, the Rangers may want to reunited the 2 Staals, Marc and Jordan! If we can get Jordan Staal, a 1st and maybe another prospect...I would do it! I think Jordan Staal can become a very good #1 center...it is just that he is stuck behind the likes of Crosby and Malkin now.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Levitate

Yeah, NY fans are way too fickle.

I seem to remember a fair amount of people wanting to trade Tyutin at the beginning of this year as well...

As soon as a player struggles a bit, then it's time to ship them out for the next great thing. Grass is greener and all that.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:34 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
The story has been circulating for a week or so
I was referring to the reason why Jagr and Ward got into the argument.The info about Ward questioning Jagr's leadership skills wasn't part of the original story leaked on Saturday

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:38 AM
GarretJoseph*

If we trade Jagr, then I am not watching tonights game. I mean it!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Question: if Jagr is traded, do the Rangers then have to pick up Washington's half and take a nearly $5MM cap hit on a player who's not playing on the team?
Yes. Washington will still have to pay. What was the issue between Jagr and Ward?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:41 AM
NYR469

i will be absolutely THRILLED if they can move jagr for a monster return, we are talking backflips, cartwheels, the works...

but the REAL important part of this story, assuming its true, is the fact that there is no way that sather is listening to offers for jagr and isn't willing to field offers for ward, malik, nylander, etc. so taking those calls tells me that management has come to their sense and are looking to sell

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:42 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastyDawg View Post
Would this be an offer that blows Sather away?

Jagr to Anaheim for Dustin Penner, Bobby Ryan, Mark Mitera, Tampa Bays first round pick in 2007 and Conditional 08 First rounder if Jagr wins the Conn Smythe Trophy.

We could only hope.
i'd drive jagr to anaheim if the ducks offered that...that would be MORE than enough to get the deal done. bobby ryan, a 1st and a conditional pick might be enough to get sather listening.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
i'd drive jagr to anaheim if the ducks offered that...that would be MORE than enough to get the deal done. bobby ryan, a 1st and a conditional pick might be enough to get sather listening.
Drive?I'll buy him a first class ticket to LAX on Jet Blue.Jagr should arrive there sometime next week

Old
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What a difference a season makes. Last time this year we were talking about whether the Rangers would ever retire Jagr's number. And now we're here talking about dealing him.

Not really sure what Brooks is saying as he's not saying a whole lot. If Glen Sather gets on offer that blows him away, he'll trade him. That's hardly newsworthy that's his job.

And the bit about straight-up for Betuzzi makes no sense whatsoever.

Looks like Larry did his job again today. He wrote it, you read it and now we're talking about it.
IMO, Jagr was only a stopgap or transition to the"rebuild." He gave us some thrills last year. He is still an elite player who can make the difference, but not for us. We're too far away. A Jagr tade as stated by another poster would greatly accelerate the rebuild. Trading Jagr and Nylander would reaffirm some faith in msanagement.I do not want another year of the czech posse. It hurts the chance for kids to grow and learn on the job.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
If we trade Jagr, then I am not watching tonights game. I mean it!
MSG will somehow manage to survive

Old
02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Gotta love the Post, that article is basically a headline followed by crap. It may as well just say blah blah blah, like in the nintendo game paperboy.
I like the "Exclusive" graphic. That's the best part. The only thing exclusive about it is that they were the only ones who wrote it. It's just an opinion. Anyone who posts here has just as much credibility, except sometimes posters are correct.

Please people, I beg to look in to this just a wee bit. Absolutely no quotes anywhere. Nothing specific. Like Singn said, blow him away and he can be dealt. But not like he's going anywhere for a 5th.

02-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Man, this is going to be an interesting afternoon. I haven't even slept but since im going nowhere today, I'll stay awake until the deadline. Then sleep and wake up for the game haha.

And I too don't see the team getting worse no matter the reward Jagr brings. Individual talent isn't what improves our team now ...need bigger changes than that.
dont forget to stay awake for at least an hour after the deadline, maybe more. you always hear about the deals way after the deadline passes.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
broadwayblue

I'm gonna try not to get excited about this happening because I'll have to see it to believe it...but this would be huge for the Rangers organization. To get a bounty for a superstar while they still can, and to push the rebuild along a couple of years ahead of schedule would make so much sense I can't believe it could actually happen. I'd call up the Garden and double my season ticket subscription in a heartbeat. Only delusional fans think we have any chance of winning it all while #68 is here, so management would be doing what is in the best longterm interest of the franchise by dealing him for a nice bounty while they can. Please let this be true!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
BigNastyDawg

Another plus to trading Jagr is if we acquire enough 1st rounders we can sign Nathan Horton in the offseason.And trading the picks won't hurt us longterm.

BigNastyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
BigE

Interesting to note is the article is a collaboration between Brooks and Everson. So two journalists are putting their name on this thing.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote