HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Apr. 3, 2014| Blue Jackets 2 at Flyers 0

Old
04-03-2014, 08:47 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
Emery would have got us a point
Lol. Emery wouldn't have stopped the second goal either, so how does that get us a point? Unless Emery scores a goal, or his playmaking ability leads to a goal.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
The sky is falling!
Haha, yep.

And Washington play the Devils once more, which leaves one of those teams in a virtually untenable position in regards to eclipsing the Flyers.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SAINDON

vCash: 500
If we had Mike Rupp we would have scored on Bob

SAINDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Lol. Emery wouldn't have stopped the second goal either, so how does that get us a point? Unless Emery scores a goal, or his playmaking ability leads to a goal.
Or he beats the **** out of Bob without reason and sends him to hospital

chupanibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 08:50 PM
bennysflyers16

Bernier got hurt and Reimer comes in to a Bruins PP and shuts the door.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
It was a joke

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 08:57 PM
SuchySays

the facebook comments are probably hilarious tonight after getting shutout by Bob

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:05 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
the facebook comments are probably hilarious tonight after getting shutout by Bob
I stopped going to the FB page a long time ago. No offense to my elders but the whole "old time hockey" obsession that some longtime fans have on that page is absurd.

Last edited by Hurt: 04-03-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: quote
DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Garbage Goal

Lost tonight because 0 goals again and Mason was weak or at least heavily outplayed compared to Bob.

Very angering game.

Very real possibility of losing four straight and getting two of right points if we lose it against the Bruins.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:07 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

I thought Simmonds played pretty badly tonight, so skitzy with the puck in the offensive zone. Mainly gets all his goals on the PP and that was just awful tonight. Giroux was the only one who looked OK tonight, nobody gave him any help. Other than that turnover in the 1st period he really didnt d anything wrong. Not hi fault pretty much every forward was ass tonight

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:11 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

I see us either missing the playoffs or just getting stomped by the Rangers in the playoffs, this team is sooo frustrating

Old
04-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Honestly after tonight, I can see us without Coburn. His reluctance to be aggressive in front of the net is going to hurt this team. Also Schenns. Please for the love of god package them now while they have value.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:18 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Honestly after tonight, I can see us without Coburn. His reluctance to be aggressive in front of the net is going to hurt this team. Also Schenns. Please for the love of god package them now while they have value.
Would much rather trade Brayden than Luke.

Old
04-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Swic21

This team is scary, in a bad way. A drought like this, at this point is not good at all. I would say shuffle lines but you risk chemistry issues. Lines should be set. This team needs a serious wakeup call. Let Homer go have a little talk with them again.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
bennysflyers16

Still can't beleive that Couts want given a penalty shot. Clear as day, had a step and didn't even get a shot off. Was insane

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:24 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Still can't beleive that Couts want given a penalty shot. Clear as day, had a step and didn't even get a shot off. Was insane
With our luck in shootouts I doubt he would have scored

Old
04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Lost tonight because 0 goals again and Mason was weak
This is what infuriates me about this fan base. As soon as a player has an off performance, suddenly it's "Oh, we can live without him, he's not helping this team".

You can't pick out one flaw of Coburn's and ignore all the rest of his game that has been so steady for the entirety of the year. It's just stupid.

And you can't do it with Mason, either. "Oh, Mason gave up a soft goal? He didn't help the team at all!" All while ignoring saves he shouldn't have made, but did. Just ask Bruins fans about Rask and his daily soft goal. At the end of the day, Mason helps the team, and is prone to giving up softies from time to time. They happen. But if you want to emphasize those, you MUST emphasize the saves he routinely makes that he shouldn't be making.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:16 PM
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive

Hartnell was cancerous too that first line tonight. I would not mind seeing Schenn move up to the first line with Giroux, and then movie Lecavalier to 2nd line center and Raffl 4th line center.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:26 PM
bauerhockey02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
This is what infuriates me about this fan base. As soon as a player has an off performance, suddenly it's "Oh, we can live without him, he's not helping this team".

You can't pick out one flaw of Coburn's and ignore all the rest of his game that has been so steady for the entirety of the year. It's just stupid.

And you can't do it with Mason, either. "Oh, Mason gave up a soft goal? He didn't help the team at all!" All while ignoring saves he shouldn't have made, but did. Just ask Bruins fans about Rask and his daily soft goal. At the end of the day, Mason helps the team, and is prone to giving up softies from time to time. They happen. But if you want to emphasize those, you MUST emphasize the saves he routinely makes that he shouldn't be making.
But Mason only posted a .926 sv% tonight, he was very weak

The second goal was a lucky bounce and the PP has been poor lately. The Flyers didn't have the best opportunities but they still threw 37 shots at the net and Bob had an answer for all of them. While they've been shut out two games in a row now I am not about to start freaking out, even if they lose on Saturday. It is how they match Boston on Saturday as well as how they handle the weaker teams for the final stretch that will determine whether or not to be worried going into the playoffs.

bauerhockey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Bob-1

Mason- 0

Bob was outstanding.....I hope him and Columbus don't beat us into the playoffs...I will be extremely angry

Yeah so much for Meltzer and others saying Bob was a fringe starter or another Nitty
I can never buy that. The guy is still on the youngish side for goaltenders. He has extraordinary athletic talent and work ethic.

04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

Um...where'd I say any of that? I said he got outplayed by Bob and he was in fact very weak on the first goal against. All while facing a lighter workload then Bob.

Where'd I say he didn't help at all or we should get rid of him? He got outplayed by the other goalie and let in a really weak goal all while having the easier workload of the two.

Get a grip man.

Old
04-03-2014, 10:41 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Um...where'd I say any of that? I said he got outplayed by Bob and he was in fact very weak on the first goal against. All while facing a lighter workload then Bob.

Where'd I say he didn't help at all or we should get rid of him? He got outplayed by the other goalie and let in a really weak goal all while having the easier workload of the two.

Get a grip man.
You said Mason was weak. Which is a stupid statement. And I picked your post and jtown's because they were two of the more ridiculous in this thread which exhibit the tendency of this fanbase to wildly overreact. My point was a generalization about the fanbase, so I wasn't suggesting you implied any of that. Doesn't make your assertion that Mason was weak any more accurate, though.

Was he weak on the first goal? Yes. Was he weak in general? Don't be stupid.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
You said Mason was weak. Which is a stupid statement. And I picked your post and jtown's because they were two of the more ridiculous in this thread which exhibit the tendency of this fanbase to wildly overreact. My point was a generalization about the fanbase, so I wasn't suggesting you implied any of that. Doesn't make your assertion that Mason was weak any more accurate, though.

Was he weak on the first goal? Yes. Was he weak in general? Don't be stupid.
Is your excuse for cutting out my full quote that you're partially blind now too?

I said "Mason was weak or at least very heavily outplayed by Bob". You'd be a great journalist with the way you pick fights and cut off quotes to make completely different arguments that never existed.

I never went into any kind of in-depth analysis or anything of the sort. I never said Mason is bad or we should trade him. I said he was weak or at least heavily outplayed by Bob.

If you wanna play internet tough guy behind thinly veiled insults based off of selective quoting be my guest but I'm gonna go head out the door over there to find the sane people.

Old
04-03-2014, 11:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

Was at the game, very disappointed with the effort outside of the 2nd period. Giroux has cooled off and the whole offense has come to a stop. Very frustrating, especially considering the time of year.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Mason didn't have a horrible game, but he let in a weak goal which makes casts a bit of a shadow over the rest of his performance. Bob was certainly than Mason tonight because Bob didn't let in any goals and faced more/better shots.

There. Done. I would love to see someone find a way to argue with this.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote