HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu back with the big club!

Old
04-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Good. And he better stay up.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
He had one glaring mistake against Columbus but has otherwise been good.
Yeah,
That was a real tough one on the kid. (psychologically)
He was just starting to feel comfortable hanging on to the puck.
Back to square one given the situation.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:21 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Beaulieu has a golden chance please don't screw it up. Beaulieu completely changes our Dcore for the better

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 09:14 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Beaulieu has a golden chance please don't screw it up. Beaulieu completely changes our Dcore for the better
I hope he gets a game or two before the playoffs...this is a good thing bringing him up at this time...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Tyson

Play the kid, he happens to be the clear cut best prospect in the organization.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:25 AM
le_sean

It's crazy what a difference he makes simply because he can skate and pass. It's so painful to see Murray and Weaver handle the puck like grenades. Half of the defencemen on the team just chip it off the glass. We are supposed to be a quick team on transition.

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see him and Markov on the PP together. Subban is not trying to be creative at all and it's become so predictable.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's crazy what a difference he makes simply because he can skate and pass. It's so painful to see Murray and Weaver handle the puck like grenades. Half of the defencemen on the team just chip it off the glass. We are supposed to be a quick team on transition.

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see him and Markov on the PP together. Subban is not trying to be creative at all and it's become so predictable.
Beaulieu brings so much to the back end. Good size, excellent skater who can transition quickly. Surprisingly decent defensively and can QB the PP right now! He just needs to mature up and we have ourselves a gem! Up to him

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Hemlor

Quote:

As much as I like Beaulieu I still prefer Subban on the point as he has a lot of different weapons. However Beaulieu will make the 2nd PP unit a lot more dangerous. The Habs PP moves the puck around very well once they are set up, but they have a lot of difficulty getting into the zone and lose a lot of time this way.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:44 AM
PricePkPatch

I remember the few times we had the Beaulieu-Subban pairing. They moved the puck with such fluidity.. twas beautiful..

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

PK chips it off the glass almost as much as anyone. It's why we ice the ****ing puck so much.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:54 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
PK chips it off the glass almost as much as anyone. It's why we ice the ****ing puck so much.
Not just off the glass, but flipping the puck out to no one at centre ice.

Old
04-04-2014, 10:55 AM
BLONG7

Is he in the lineup tonight?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
As much as I like Beaulieu I still prefer Subban on the point as he has a lot of different weapons. However Beaulieu will make the 2nd PP unit a lot more dangerous. The Habs PP moves the puck around very well once they are set up, but they have a lot of difficulty getting into the zone and lose a lot of time this way.
Clearly Subban is the better player, but I'd almost want him to run the 2nd unit himself, with each defensive unit only staying on for about 1 min. 1:30 of Markov and Subban just kills momentum sometimes. By the time the 2nd unit gets on the ice and opposing zone there is 15 seconds left, assuming they can even gain entry.

Old
04-04-2014, 10:58 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Is he in the lineup tonight?
nope.

I believe the great Michel Therrien is going with

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
elsubz

Something just came to my mind. How come Tinordi never got the same ****** treatment that Beaulieu did when he was up here? Where he was constantly being sent down between games just to save a few bucks on the cap? or whatever BS reason this board came up with?

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Jrham15

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Something just came to my mind. How come Tinordi never got the same ****** treatment that Beaulieu did when he was up here? Where he was constantly being sent down between games just to save a few bucks on the cap? or whatever BS reason this board came up with?
They already saved so much on Beaulieu

Jrham15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Beaulieu wouldn't have traded places with Tinordi while he was going up and down every 2 days. Funny on here it's considered ****** treatment.

I'm sure Tinordi would have preferred to practice and travel with the Habs and get NHL salary for a month.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:11 AM
shutehinside

Given Montreal's supposed style of play (who really knows, it changes from agme to game) but a puck possession team starts on the back end with the defence outletting the puck to the forwards while they're breaking out. Beaulieu can do this whereas Murray, Weaver, Bou etc are less inclined, able, skilled enough etc to be able to do this as well as Beaulieu.

Yes he will make mistakes but so do our current defenders from PK to Bou, but he has a skill set the other bottom end guys don't. He can play the PP, he can pass, he's fast and skates extremely well and has size and can use it.

This kid seriously has all the tools in his toolkit, all he needs is some confidence from the coaching staff and he can be a very good top 4 defenceman for a long time. I'm really happy to see him on the roster and I hope he stays for good now.

As for his "attitude" problems, that's such bull ****. He played very well his last time up and when he wasn't called up he was pissed. Who wouldn't be!? Point is he manned up and picked up his play to get back to a team he never should have left. That's karacter, not whinning.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Given Montreal's supposed style of play (who really knows, it changes from agme to game) but a puck possession team starts on the back end with the defence outletting the puck to the forwards while they're breaking out. Beaulieu can do this whereas Murray, Weaver, Bou etc are less inclined, able, skilled enough etc to be able to do this as well as Beaulieu.

Yes he will make mistakes but so do our current defenders from PK to Bou, but he has a skill set the other bottom end guys don't. He can play the PP, he can pass, he's fast and skates extremely well and has size and can use it.

This kid seriously has all the tools in his toolkit, all he needs is some confidence from the coaching staff and he can be a very good top 4 defenceman for a long time. I'm really happy to see him on the roster and I hope he stays for good now.

As for his "attitude" problems, that's such bull ****. He played very well his last time up and when he wasn't called up he was pissed. Who wouldn't be!? Point is he manned up and picked up his play to get back to a team he never should have left. That's karacter, not whinning.
You're pulling stuff our your ass.

I have defended Beaulieu a few times, as recently as last summer with the Fightgate...but by saying the "attitude" problems are ******** you are pulling out your ass. Unless you are part of the Habs front office you don't know one way or another and details have not come out other than the general comment by Brisebois.

I doubt they kept him down there just because he was pissed to be sent down. Most players sent down are pissed, but a day or two later they suck it up and put their work boots on and get back to work.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Avengers*

I wanna see:

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Weaver

if one of the kids screw up put back bouillon...

Avengers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:55 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
You're pulling stuff our your ass.

I have defended Beaulieu a few times, as recently as last summer with the Fightgate...but by saying the "attitude" problems are ******** you are pulling out your ass. Unless you are part of the Habs front office you don't know one way or another and details have not come out other than the general comment by Brisebois.

I doubt they kept him down there just because he was pissed to be sent down. Most players sent down are pissed, but a day or two later they suck it up and put their work boots on and get back to work.
What I'm saying is that people who say he has an attitude problem are full of **** for the very reason and more that you just described.

When he was sent down, there were rumours he was keot down because he wasn't pissed about the demotion and these nay sayers used that as an excuse to say he had a bad attitude for not caring enough. Then it was said he was kept down because he was pissed about being sent down and passed over by Tinner and the naysayers said he had a bad attitude for responding that way.

Beau is in a lose lose situation. No matter what he says or does can be seen as a "bad attitude" by anyone who twists it they way they want to be able to justify their point.

Reality is he IS a top line prospect with an increible skillset and he's still very young. Let's not worry about the supposed "attititude" issue that several of our core young players had when they were breaking into the league. Patches saying he'd rather play in Hamilton than on the 4th line was seen as him having an attitude problem. Price sopeaking out and gesturing the fans was the same. PK, well enough said.

These are people, not hockey playing robots. They have feelings and emotions and those are brought to the spotlight and amplified with the hockey crazed media in this country. So when I hear of a "problem" player for this minor BS excuses, it's more symbolic of the unrealistic expectations some people have rather than the reality of the situation. This isn't a video game where you can control their everymove with a joystick.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 12:32 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Being sent down doesn't mean going to Hamilton. They can send him down and he can stay in a hotel in Montreal or wherever the team may be haha.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 12:58 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Being sent down doesn't mean going to Hamilton. They can send him down and he can stay in a hotel in Montreal or wherever the team may be haha.
Obviously. That's not the point, there's a huge difference between their NHL salaries and whatever money they are doing in Hamilton. I'd be pissed off if I were Beaulieu. If they are gonna be so picky about money, why not do it with everyone recalled from Hamilton?

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Joe Cole

Good stuff, these call ups will pay dividends in the near future when some of the older D's are either no longer on the roster or accept 7/8 D status.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 01:12 PM
JAVO16

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote