HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu back with the big club!

Old
04-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
In the remaining games Beaulieu might play up to the level projected for him when he was drafted but he might be a liability. Let's hope for the best but not get giddy.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 02:35 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver

Those are really good pairings.

I would feel comfortable with it just a lack of physicabily on the third pairing though and size. We also need Beaulieu for second pairing PP.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 02:40 PM
goman

Personally, I'd like to see Beaulieu up with Subban before Tinordi. He plays with more pace, is more confident with the puck, and when he makes mistakes he has the ability to get back into the play more than Tinordi. I think eventually Tinordi will be Subban's partner, but he's not ready yet.

I think Tinordi and Weaver would be a good pair. They can play more of a shutdown game.

Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Subban
Tinordi - Weaver

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
Those are really good pairings.

I would feel comfortable with it just a lack of physicabily on the third pairing though and size. We also need Beaulieu for second pairing PP.
Go back and watch some game tape of when Beaulieu was paired with Subban. The ability of both players to retrieve the puck and exit the zone with ease, EVEN without proper winger support was something to behold.

The smart move is to play him with Subban from what I've seen. They compliment each other with puck skills, skating ability and poise with the puck. Not to mention people tend to forget that Beaulieu is a big kid that uses his body well to control the puck in traffic.

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Weaver

Bouilon - send him to Narnia for all I care, he shouldn't be playing he's a liability and is making our Norris winner look like Komisarek.

Also when Gorges comes back I'd put him with Weaver and have them play top PK minutes and limited ES minutes, but I'm a crazy armchair coach if you compare to how Therrien thinks the game.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Something just came to my mind. How come Tinordi never got the same ****** treatment that Beaulieu did when he was up here? Where he was constantly being sent down between games just to save a few bucks on the cap? or whatever BS reason this board came up with?
Tinordi had the same treatment earlier in the season. Now with the trade deadline passed, I guess saving cap space isn't a big issue anymore...

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 02:54 PM
goman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Go back and watch some game tape of when Beaulieu was paired with Subban. The ability of both players to retrieve the puck and exit the zone with ease, EVEN without proper winger support was something to behold.
I agree, transition game is so huge. Beaulieu helps with that. We're a dangerous team when our forwards force a turnover, D turns it around and we're coming back the other way in numbers. We have lots of dangerous rush forwards, especially on our first line.

All Cube can do is get to the red and dump it and Tinordi is still too mistake prone when he goes up ice.

The nice thing about our d is we have a bunch of guys that can rotate in depending on the schedule, opponent, injury, suspension, etc. Weaver, Tinordi, Boullion, Beaulieu, Murray sharing the bottom pair gives me great comfort.

The only problem I have is if we have a top 4 d drop out we have no one that can step in without a dropoff in our d core. Basically, we need 5 top 4 d men to have true depth.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
I agree, transition game is so huge. Beaulieu helps with that. We're a dangerous team when our forwards force a turnover, D turns it around and we're coming back the other way in numbers. We have lots of dangerous rush forwards, especially on our first line.

All Cube can do is get to the red and dump it and Tinordi is still too mistake prone when he goes up ice.

The nice thing about our d is we have a bunch of guys that can rotate in depending on the schedule, opponent, injury, suspension, etc. Weaver, Tinordi, Boullion, Beaulieu, Murray sharing the bottom pair gives me great comfort.

The only problem I have is if we have a top 4 d drop out we have no one that can step in without a dropoff in our d core. Basically, we need 5 top 4 d men to have true depth.
Beaulieu is a top 4 defenseman when paired with Subban, no doubt in my mind. But that takes the stones to play a young kid and give him responsibility, something this coachign staff lacks. Look at Glachenyuk, the kid plays 10 minutes a night, even when he's the most dangerous player out there.

However, you are right about lack of depth in the top 4. I really only see Subban, Markov and Beaulieu as top 4 on this team with Emelin possibly when he's on his game. Gorges is a bottom pairing guy, even if he's paid like a top 4 and well, Tinordi isn't as seasoned as Beaulieu (IMO), Murray, Bouillon, Weaver etc pretty apparent. I guess time will tell what happens but I lack faith in the coaching staff to figure it out and hence an enormous amount of pressure will be on Price to make this team look better than it is defensively.

No real big change for him though.

Old
04-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Aceekay

you can't play markov-emelin as a first pairing, doesn't make any sense.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Habs Fan View Post
nope.

I believe the great Michel Therrien is going with

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver
Wait... what?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
you can't play markov-emelin as a first pairing, doesn't make any sense.
They have been played as the top pairing for a couple weeks now. Subban played 9 minutes of ES time last game, least of all defensemen (yes less than Murray and Bouillon) while Markov and Emelin were tops.

At the point in the season when Markov should be getting some rest, he's being overused and our Norris winning Horse is being 'rested'

Old
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Wait... what?
Yea Beaulieu not playing tonight

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
what the...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Guilliam

Looking at Ottawa's lineup, they're a big team that plays physical, I want Tinordi in the line-up with Murray being suspended and Prust, Moen and Weise being injured...

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
They have been played as the top pairing for a couple weeks now. Subban played 9 minutes of ES time last game, least of all defensemen (yes less than Murray and Bouillon) while Markov and Emelin were tops.

At the point in the season when Markov should be getting some rest, he's being overused and our Norris winning Horse is being 'rested'
I just don't believe we have a chance of winning a series if Subban isn't on the first pairing, playing Emelin on his off side doesn't help either.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
I just don't believe we have a chance of winning a series if Subban isn't on the first pairing, playing Emelin on his off side doesn't help either.
I doubt anyone does, except the coaching staff anyway. They would rather win 2-1 in a shoot out and build "character" than win 6-2 with some exciting plays in the game.

Old
04-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Odelein24

I can see them inserting Bo tomorrow vs Detroit. Tinordi vs harder hitting Ottawa, Bo vs finesse oriented Detroit.

Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Essentially Boullion playing the last games of his career.
Unless we get totally FU'd in the playoffs.
Let's go with the thought that it is actually a class act by the organization.

Anyone Feeling Any Better

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 07:59 PM
TassieHab

Good, would much rather he see minutes than Bouilion or Murray. I remember in 2010 a certain PK Subban being thrown into the cauldron of playoff hockey and he did alright. Don't hold the kid back.

It is MT though so I fully expect him to play the last couple of games of the season and then be on the sidelines come game 1 against Tampa.

TassieHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Lshap

Beaulieu will get ice-time before the playoffs. He's being groomed for a top-four role in the NHL and the last four games is a good chance to shave off some of those rookie rough spots. I'd love to see him in the playoffs because he brings exactly what we need on D, but I doubt Therrien takes the risk.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Something just came to my mind. How come Tinordi never got the same ****** treatment that Beaulieu did when he was up here? Where he was constantly being sent down between games just to save a few bucks on the cap? or whatever BS reason this board came up with?
How is it bad treatment?

You do realize that he wasn't really travelling back and forth between Montréal and Hamilton right?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Mats86

Did Beaulieu play last night?

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Did Beaulieu play last night?
Nope

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Nope
Thanks

Old
04-06-2014, 08:28 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

No Beaulieu. Weaver more icetime than Subban last night. MT loves his little grinders.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
No Beaulieu. Weaver more icetime than Subban last night. MT loves his little grinders.
Well, Weaver is red hot lately. Let's see how he performs in playoffs