HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Brandon Bollig vs. Chris Neil

Old
04-03-2014, 07:03 PM
JukofYork

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone King View Post
I do my research by watching him play every game not looking up stats strictly. 5 fights this year and he is a heavyweight now. He doesn't go looking for fights and actually is a solid player on our 4th line. Overvalued as a heavyweight by everyone who is not a Hawks fan and only watch ****ing YouTube.
Id ignore anyone who thinks Bollig is a legit heavy.

Every Hawks fan will tell you he is nothing close.

Its very obvious they have no idea who Bollig is

JukofYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorNsh View Post
You're really grasping for straws here

Bollig is bad at his job, below average fighter for his size and role. This was a mismatch, but not much of a spot-pick.

Neil doesn't fight heavies because he would get filled in, and he knows that quite well.
I disagree with him not fighting heavies. He is a good fighter but is only 6'1 and about 215 which is not the average size of the "heavyweight" guys in this league but he still drops them with some. This season he went with Boll, Sestito, F.Mclaren and crombeen who are all decent at holding their own. Last shortened season he went with Lucic, Orr, Crombeen, Prust and Gleason. The season before that Thornton, Chara, Sestito, F. Mclaren, Boulton and a few middle weights etc.

I do think he is slowing down though as he is on his 12th year in the league but to say he doesnt fight heavies imo is false. I do find that he does put up alot of minutes for the Sens in other capacities besides fighting which is why I think his fight log has dropped off over the years with added roles to the team.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote