HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs score 7 unanswered goals

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2014, 11:07 PM
WG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I'd consider it too to be honest. And I'm of the belief you can't have too many D.

I love Subban, but fact is he was benched when being on the ice for 2 goals, in an early 3-0 deficit. Then he sat and watched the team tie it up. Hate to say it but makes Therrien look like he knew what he was doing.
Anyway, I hope it works out and he stays here. He did steady things down from the second on. But let's not kid ourselves either, he hasn't been playing well lately. He needs to be better come playoffs.
No. No. No. #FireTherrien. Or better yet #Getthe****outyoupumpkinheadedmoroandgobacktobeing amorononTV

Seriously. You. Therrien. Get. the. ****. out.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
He was right. Subban was playing like a dick and he benched him.

And the game means squat. Meant the world to the Hens though.
Please, Subban was in the proper position on both the first goals against. First goal Budaj spit out a rebound into the slot on a wrist shot in the chest and the 2nd goal was a high slot tip that Budaj should have still stopped.

And teh game meant nothing? So home ice means nothign for a team 21-12-5 at home this season with a goalie who has record of 20-10-4 at the Bell Centre with a 2.04 GAA and .934 save %? This game meant a ton, especially have a poorly played game in Tampa and they came out and laid a stinker and only won because Anderson coudlnt stop anything. The fact that Therrien is so cavalier about it, while constantly being out-coached should be worrisome to everyone.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs100 View Post
I'd rather have Diaz in the lineup than Bouillon. We didn't have to give up Diaz to get Wiese.
Not me.

Bouillon is a lot more physical. Definitely has his limitations and isn't getting any younger but used sparingly I think is a better option. Yes Diaz is better offensively, but not enough to knock him out of the lineup. At least that's how I see it, just my opinion.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Nom de Guerre
You Had ONE JOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...he seriously didn't say that, did he??..."didn't mean much"...what a freakin' moron...
I think the "didn't mean much" was meant as a shot to the Sens and coach walrus.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Maybe but his team is winning. That's the only stat that counts: the Ws.
The team was winning last year, even won the division. But the same poor play got them pumped in the first round. People aren't complaining about what's going on for the sake of it, there is precedent to what is happening.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:09 PM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Its an American sports broadcasting phrase.

In football, they talk about unanswered instead of consecutive. And they mention unanswered even if the other team scores afterwards.

I guess the same holds true for the folks at NHL.com.

You are right. Semantics.
"Unanswered" refers to a goal/goals by one side which are not directly followed by a goal from the opposing side. This is correct usage, of course there are always lazy writers and poor editors so misuse sneaks through even into major media. Please trust me lol

Old
04-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
The team was winning last year, even won the division. But the same poor play got them pumped in the first round. People aren't complaining about what's going on for the sake of it, there is precedent to what is happening.
Exactly. They play any decent first round opponent like they have the last 3 games , and they are down 3-0 in the series.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Last year we couldn't win going into the dance.
This year it's like we can't lose despite how brutal we are.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:11 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

Are we going to lose Subban at the end of the year?

Old
04-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I'd think about it for sure, and it's an even better question given the current injury situation. On a completely healthy day I run a 4th line of Prust-White-Moen and have no room for Weise unless there are injuries (see: right now... Weise included). Even if the same could be said with Diaz on defense now that Weaver is fitting into his spot instead, I might value a 7th/8th defenseman of Diaz's calibre more than a 13th/14th forward like Weise heading into the playoffs. Still not that confident in Tinordi, honestly.
Fair point, I'd stick with Weise, if not just for forward depth. Plus I thought he clicked real well with White.

Tinordi still makes rookie plays. But makes veteran plays at the same time. Case and point tonight defending Brière, vs giving up the puck in the neutral zone at least twice.

He'll be fine. In fact I think he'll be feared in a few years. But he has a ways to go.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Hopefully Bishop has a .250 save % in the first round like Anderson had tonight then

Old
04-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Who won the Tinner fight? Missed the game. No mention in this thread so far..

Old
deandebean

Quote:
Please, Subban was in the proper position on both the first goals against. First goal Budaj spit out a rebound into the slot on a wrist shot in the chest and the 2nd goal was a high slot tip that Budaj should have still stopped.

And teh game meant nothing? So home ice means nothign for a team 21-12-5 at home this season with a goalie who has record of 20-10-4 at the Bell Centre? This game meant a ton, especially have a poorly played game in Tampa and they came out and laid a stinker and only won because Anderson coudlnt stop anything. The fact that Therrien is so cavalier about it, while constantly being out-coached should be worrisome to everyone.
They laid a stinker because they were on a semi vacation on Florida.

This team just wants to head into the playoffs uninjured.

This 'home ice' thing is overblown by fans and media. Sure they want to win, it's in their nature to be competitive. But do you really think they are on the edge of their seats for the home ice race? If it were the case, they wouldn't have stayed in a resort having pina coladas and chilling out on the golf courses during their week off... errr... of hard practices and games.

Old
JAVO16

Quote:

And teh game meant nothing? So home ice means nothign for a team 21-12-5 at home this season with a goalie who has record of 20-10-4 at the Bell Centre with a 2.04 GAA and .934 save %? This game meant a ton, especially have a poorly played game in Tampa and they came out and laid a stinker and only won because Anderson coudlnt stop anything. The fact that Therrien is so cavalier about it, while constantly being out-coached should be worrisome to everyone.
The proper position is close enough to the winger to keep him from shooting the puck. He wasn't there. Subban got off to rough start and was a liability out there. Doesn't happen often, but Therrien was right to bench him a bit to let him gather his wits.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Tinordi tooled Gryba.

Gryba was bleeding at the end.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:14 PM
JLP
Refugee

PK's line is terrible all zeroes but for one hit and a -3 in a 7-4 win, with just 13:39 TOI wow.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:15 PM
HABS win CUPS*

oops

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

Old
04-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
The proper position is close enough to the winger to keep him from shooting the puck. He wasn't there. Subban got off to rough start and was a liability out there. Doesn't happen often, but Therrien was right to bench him a bit to let him gather his wits.
How many times have we seen every other defensemen have the same things happen to them and not get benched for an entire period? It's not so much that I disagree with benching Subban (I do btw but besides the point) it's that he gets treated differently from every other player on the team.

You cannot alienate your star players, in fact you shouldn't be alienating any player if you wnat to keep them around. The tough love approach can turn to alienation in a hurry and eventually Subban is goign to say **** it, get me out of here.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Bob b smith

Come playoffs, I hope most posters are good soldiers, bite the bullet and support all the players and coach... If necessary, pull out the knives again in the off-season.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Last year they lost key guys just before and during the playoffs. Hopefully they stay healthy this year and we get a better idea of what they can do.

Old
scottyG

Any video of what Neil did?
Missed the game...

Old
04-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Maybe I had my Habs homer glasses on, but I thought Tinordi man-handled him.

Old
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
PK's line is terrible all zeroes but for one hit and a -3 in a 7-4 win, with just 13:39 TOI wow.
It might eventually dawn in someone's thick skull that the PK/Cube experiment is an unmitigated disaster

Old
sventington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Come playoffs, I hope most posters are good soldiers, bite the bullet and support all the players and coach... If necessary, pull out the knives again in the off-season.
that'd be nice for sure. I imagine the hash tags will be flying though.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
His confidence was completely shot tonight. He was playing like Bouillon, which he's not built to do. Subban is at his pinnacle when he's taking the puck and making things happen and has that jump to his game. When you lean on him, bench him and don't allow him to play like he's played his entire life and what has made him successful this is what you get.

It's poor coaching and an inability to adjust to the personnel you have.

Closed Thread