HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Ducks - 9:00

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2014, 12:39 AM
  #76
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
8-4-1 in the past 13 games.

Were it not for that horrendous 1-5 homestand we'd probably be in the playoffs.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:40 AM
  #77
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
we finally get back to picking 6th and are now up to 9/10/11
No offense, but I can't stand this line of thinking and don't understand it- man, just enjoy a great win.....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:42 AM
  #78
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Great to see the team get another win. Glad to see the team not pushing the losing culture on the call-ups. I just don't get the calls to tank.
Exactly- people want us to tank so we can pick 6th instead of 8th or 9th??????

RIDICULOUS

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:44 AM
  #79
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Great to see the team get another win. Glad to see the team not pushing the losing culture on the call-ups. I just don't get the calls to tank.
I'm with you. I'm naive and just expect the team to "go out and do their best" no matter how far out of the race, but I wouldn't fight it. You'll just get into the whole "we could have had Steven Stamkos but because we won meaningless games we got Colin Wilson, etc...." My advice is just try to ignore it and root how you want.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:48 AM
  #80
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Exactly- people want us to tank so we can pick 6th instead of 8th or 9th??????

RIDICULOUS
I don't actively want us to lose, but at this point in the season when we are obviously not going to make the play offs and we obviously need to restructure our forwards I'm OK with it if we do lose.

With that said, it's entertaining as **** when we win.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:52 AM
  #81
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
we finally get back to picking 6th and are now up to 9/10/11
This is why the draft should be a complete lottery, just not a lottery for #1. Draw for every pick in positions 1-14.


I don't watch and pay to go to these games for a loss, I watch and pay to go see a win. Sorry.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:52 AM
  #82
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
No offense, but I can't stand this line of thinking and don't understand it- man, just enjoy a great win.....
I did, perhaps I should have added the smiley.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:59 AM
  #83
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't actively want us to lose, but at this point in the season when we are obviously not going to make the play offs and we obviously need to restructure our forwards I'm OK with it if we do lose.

With that said, it's entertaining as **** when we win.
I get that, and I could SORT OF get on board with losing if I thought it would be a huge benefit in the draft- at the end of the last season I did think losing would greatly benefit us..... But this year?? To move 2 or 3 spots and pick 6th instead of 9th? No way I am rooting for losses for that......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:00 AM
  #84
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
How can someone with 1 assist get 2nd star over someone with 2 goals and 1 assist? crazy.

3 Stars.

1-Wilson, 2-Maroon, 3-Hornqvist

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:02 AM
  #85
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Great to see the team get another win. Glad to see the team not pushing the losing culture on the call-ups. I just don't get the calls to tank.
It's pretty easy to explain.. short-term pain for long term gain.

If we had gotten MacKinnon last year, I'm sure a few loses here and there would've been lone forgotten by now.

Jones is certainly going to better for the future viability of our franchise than than say Samuel Morin.

Pretty sure Pittsburgh has long forgotten a few loses that got them Malkin as opposed to Olesz a few spot later.

Not saying it's the way to go, but one can certainly see the appeal.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:04 AM
  #86
1stLineCottonCandy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
It's pretty easy to explain.. short-term pain for long term gain.

If we had gotten MacKinnon last year, I'm sure a few loses here and there would've been lone forgotten by now.

Jones is certainly going to better for the future viability of our franchise than than say Samuel Morin.

Pretty sure Pittsburgh has long forgotten a few loses that got them Malkin as opposed to Olesz a few spot later.

Not saying it's the way to go, but one can certainly see the appeal.
Your talking number one overall though which we have no shot at

1stLineCottonCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:12 AM
  #87
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Your talking number one overall though which we have no shot at
We were one loss away from being beating out Colorado for the #2 position last year.

Columbus 2 losses away from getting Malkin instead of Olsev

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:12 AM
  #88
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
How can someone with 1 assist get 2nd star over someone with 2 goals and 1 assist? crazy.

3 Stars.

1-Wilson, 2-Maroon, 3-Hornqvist
Stars are voted on by the home town media. That's pretty much all you need to know.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:12 AM
  #89
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Your talking number one overall though which we have no shot at
We could win the lottery but the preds don't have that kind of luck so that happening is very unlikely.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:14 AM
  #90
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Your talking number one overall though which we have no shot at
This- see my post above- if losing gets us #1 overall and the next Crosby, I am all for it- but the benefits this year are just not that great.....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:16 AM
  #91
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
We could win the lottery but the preds don't have that kind of luck so that happening is very unlikely.
If we do--- Ekbad.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 05:42 AM
  #92
sparkle twin
Real Deal
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great job Preds!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 06:44 AM
  #93
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
So frustating that we are gonna finish very close to a playoff spot. A few less clown attempts in the shootout, Rinne back a little earlier,...

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:46 AM
  #94
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Hopefully Anderson is OK. I don't think I'd wish a Weber blast to the head on my worst enemy, helmet or no helmet.
How 'bout Perry? Just sayin........

with ya' on Anderson though.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:13 AM
  #95
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
(Leaves keys to the Central Division basement in Winnipeg's mailbox)

"Here you go! There's a fridge in the corner. No beer, sorry; we had to give it to the horses. Anaheim's great, wish you were here. Love, Gnash."

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:15 AM
  #96
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
How can someone with 1 assist get 2nd star over someone with 2 goals and 1 assist? crazy.

3 Stars.

1-Wilson, 2-Maroon, 3-Hornqvist
In a non-shutout game where the home team loses, the guy who scored a goal or had multiple points for the home team practically always gets the #2 star.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:16 AM
  #97
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
So frustating that we are gonna finish very close to a playoff spot. A few less clown attempts in the shootout, Rinne back a little earlier,...
If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts,
What a lovely Christmas we'd have.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
  #98
1stLineCottonCandy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts,
What a lovely Christmas we'd have.
Nice reference

1stLineCottonCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:05 AM
  #99
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
I don't have a problem with winning. I just don't see the point with winning with Clune in the lineup, etc.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:57 AM
  #100
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I don't have a problem with winning. I just don't see the point with winning with Clune in the lineup, etc.
Because Trotz loves mutts and charity cases.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.