HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs score 7 unanswered goals

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2014, 11:45 PM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
No way but I would do Taylor Hall for Subban in a second!
Too bad Edmonton wouldn't

Old
04-04-2014, 11:49 PM
SpeedyPotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Too bad Edmonton wouldn't
Hmmm... Norris trophy winner for great young winger with constant health issues on a team that desperately needs a #1 D?? I think they would seriously consider it, BTW, as a biased habs fan, I wouldn't. PK Subban is gonna win us more games that Taylor Hall could, especially with the setup of this team right now. You're crazy dude...

Old
04-05-2014, 12:02 AM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
No way but I would do Taylor Hall for Subban in a second!
I think quality blueliners are rarer commodities than goal scoring forwards and the great blueliner can affect all three areas of the ice in positive ways moreso than one great scoring forward. Subban is pretty much the only Dman with a near guarantee of playing at a #1 level for us far into the future. Markov is going to leave at some point, and we're going to feel his absence when that happens.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:05 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
I am getting very close to believing everything PK does is for show, the interview he did tonight seemed very phony to me and not genuine. There may be a reason he is getting benched so often??
Everything he does here is under a microscope. He has no choice but to act that way. It's not phony, it's just showing restraint in the name of self-preservation because our media is an absolute embarrassment.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Everything he does here is under a microscope. He has no choice but to act that way. It's not phony, it's just showing restraint in the name of self-preservation because our media is an absolute embarrassment.
Exactly.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:47 AM
bsl

Quote:
I am getting very close to believing everything PK does is for show, the interview he did tonight seemed very phony to me and not genuine. There may be a reason he is getting benched so often??
Oh FFS. Every NHL player is phoney and not genuine in interviews. Come on man.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:50 AM
bsl

Quote:
Big difference in being an entertainer and being phony.
Spend some time in Hollywood. My god that was naive.

Old
04-05-2014, 01:05 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyPotato View Post
Hmmm... Norris trophy winner for great young winger with constant health issues on a team that desperately needs a #1 D?? I think they would seriously consider it, BTW, as a biased habs fan, I wouldn't. PK Subban is gonna win us more games that Taylor Hall could, especially with the setup of this team right now. You're crazy dude...
I would take Hall in a second for Subban. The guy has Messier written all over him. He's been playing on a joke team FFS. I'd be shocked if Oil did this, and they'd be idiots to do it.

Replace Subby with a solid crushing no 3-4 25 point UFA, until Tinny is ready, and sign Vanek 6 years at 7.5 mill with money saved on Subby. Do the deal before the Vanek negotiations. Vanek might talk to his wife quite seriously if Habs get Hall for Subby.

Hall and Vanek would instantly give us two dangerous lines, no need for Subby's offense. Beaulieu could replace a good part of it anyway in the next 5 years. With similar D riskiness as Subby.

Hall at W and Galchy at C FFS. Jeezus.

Hall and a first for Subby is a slam dunk. No question.We could only dream.

You are also burying Subby on a crap west team too, for at least 2 years. He can't hurt us there. He then MUST go UFA and will then be way overpaid, past his prime.

I love Subby. But sign him to 8 this summer, or trade him. If he starts talking bridge, because of idiot Therrien, you have to trade him. Only choice. And Hall and a first would be a fantastic trade.

The key here is not to try to replace Subby in the trade. Go for the big, star young winger. This is very important. No team is going to give up a great D prospect for Subby, but Oil will give up a great O prospect.

Understand: We will never, ever draft a W like Hall the next 2 years, if not 5, and our cup window is the next 6. Yes it seems crazy, but the only way you get a young wing like Hall is from a crappy organization that desperately needs D and has great extra very good offensive prospects. We have a Norris winning D to offer, and we can absorb the loss pretty well with the good D prospects we have, and a reasonable no. 3-4 shut down UFA D man.

This is a perfect storm. I'd do Subby for Hall and a first today, as much as I love Subby.

But they'll offer Yakupov. No thanks. Not for Subby.

Last edited by bsl: 04-05-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old
04-05-2014, 01:33 AM
SB164

I don't know what to make of this team to be honest. I could see them losing in 5 to Tampa but I could also see them going all the way to the ECF. For better or for worse, this team's been pretty damn exciting since the trade deadline.

Old
04-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
That's not how English works. If there was an "answer" to the 7th goal, then you're left with 7 consecutive goals; not "unanswered" goals. They were unanswered until 14:07 of the 3rd period.
Hate to say it but, the 7 goals were answered. The answer was a whisper, though

Old
04-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I don't know what to make of this team to be honest. I could see them losing in 5 to Tampa but I could also see them going all the way to the ECF. For better or for worse, this team's been pretty damn exciting since the trade deadline.
Yeah, it's that close. If only we could keep a Vanek, have our dream 4th line healthy, and have really invested in a defense that promotes Subban as a kingpin instead of shackles him into a non-factor. The team isn't that far off, but some of the requisite elements aren't easy to come by, all the same. I will lean towards a 5-game loss to the Bolts, though, the team is still getting too many horseshoes.

Old
04-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Hate to say it but, the 7 goals were answered. The answer was a whisper, though
Sometimes you don't have to hate being right.

Old
04-05-2014, 02:15 AM
Pricenyuk
Fear The Bridge Deal

vCash: 310
Right when the habs took the lead I headed to the bar with some friends, I knew the habs had it in the bank. You pissed me off going down 3-0 habs, but when it was 3-3 I had the feels. When Eller scored I knew we had it. That's clutch. I never would have guessed that the habs would have won this game 7-4 when it was 3-0, thanks habs! **** the Sens! <3

Old
04-05-2014, 02:31 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
yeah that's exactly how i feel. i think getting Gorges back and the BP/TM/DW 4th line could really really help.

Eller and Galchenyuk turning it up a few notches would be huge too. It's really just getting the best out of what we have. MT's shown he can do it at times but he's also sucking the life out of our #1 D man/best player/face of the franchise.

Old
04-05-2014, 04:33 AM
Bacchus1

I liked the Tinordi fight. Shows that he is ready to throw it with NHL players. Hopefully he gains a bit more weight in the offseason, and then we will have a very large bruising defence man, who is not a thug, but can take care of non-fighter in defending teammates. Future looks good.

Old
04-05-2014, 05:45 AM
TheGoldenJet

Hey guys, I didn't catch the game unfortunately. Can someone tell me what happened to Subban last night? He only played 13 minutes, Markov almost doubled him in icetime.

Did PK have an injury, or get benched for something?

Old
04-05-2014, 06:04 AM
BAS7ARD1Z3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Kovalev got 39, then Damphousse, I think.
yea, think Vincent had roughly 40

Old
04-05-2014, 06:07 AM
hockeyfan2k11

So people want to trade subban. Interesting to see. I guess his production will be replaced by Weaver.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:08 AM
BAS7ARD1Z3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Hey guys, I didn't catch the game unfortunately. Can someone tell me what happened to Subban last night? He only played 13 minutes, Markov almost doubled him in icetime.

Did PK have an injury, or get benched for something?
was slacking the first ~5min so got benched

Old
04-05-2014, 06:09 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Back to the game...
Anyone notice how Briere invisible as he was for most of the night.
Came up with a couple of poison plays that led to a goal Max and a near miss (Eller)
Thats how he has a career PPG in the playoffs
Smoke and Mirrors...
There's another player on the team who played the same way but he's being celebrated in another thread.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:15 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
If Therrien thinks Habs choose him over Subban, think again. If Habs have a crap first series and get eliminated, perhaps because Therien is messing with Subban's head instead of supporting him, Therrien will already be on the bubble next year.

Unbelievably bad psychology and player management. Almost as bad as Carbo.
Habs will choose MT over PK. They're already setting everyone up for the incoming PK trade. Better make sure its an established player so MT can't ruin his development.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:49 AM
otto bond

Quick question here guys,

What do you make of Gryba's hit on Briere?

Why I ask? well watched the game and notice he was lining up Briere before he had the puck....blind side and with intent? Had to watch the replay a few time and the league should IMO look into this.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:50 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Quick question here guys,

What do you make of Gryba's hit on Briere?

Why I ask? well watched the game and notice he was lining up Briere before he had the puck....blind side and with intent? Had to watch the replay a few time and the league should IMO look into this.
Wasn't a suspension able hit. I had no issue with the fight afterwards.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:55 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Wasn't a suspension able hit. I had no issue with the fight afterwards.
Not sure i understand, do you mean it was clean. I also was happy to see Tinordi step in.

Last year in the PO, he did the same to Eller with obvious different result....Eller's face smashed in. What you will notice is he lines up the guys before the puck is heading their way to then make contact at a critical point, where the receiving player is vulnerable. I say it cheap and I only would have love for Tinordi to ring his bell.

Old
04-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Toffu

vCash: 1180
Great game, well I see now that Ottawa had twice more shoots on goal.

Closed Thread