HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's next contract

Old
04-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Adriatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
OKAY.....what ever your smoking I want sum.
The only place you will ever hear PK is good at playing defence is here on the Montreal board.
PK is a offensive defenseman and anyone that truly watches the game knows this. PK is high risk and hopefully high rewards player....and always will be.
Lol there's like 8 people on the planet that regard PK as a good denfensive player and they're all posting on hf boards lol!

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 02:41 AM
NOBLE27

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
Lol there's like 8 people on the planet that regard PK as a good denfensive player and they're all posting on hf boards lol!
hahaha yes I don't understand what game they watch....

NOBLE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 02:51 AM
SB164

I remember when Subban more or less outplayed Chara both defensively and offensively a few years back in the playoffs in that seven game series versus Boston. I'm not gonna fall for the "What have you done for me lately?" line of thinking that HF is so fond of.

Also, Adriatic has always had an axe to grind when it comes to Subban. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:04 AM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I remember when Subban more or less outplayed Chara both defensively and offensively a few years back in the playoffs in that seven game series versus Boston. I'm not gonna fall for the "What have you done for me lately?" line of thinking that HF is so fond of.

Also, Adriatic has always had an axe to grind when it comes to Subban. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.
MT uses him as if it's all he is so people forget what he can do because he's been awful for some stretches offensively and defensively, it wasn't a perfect year but don't listen to the abundance of haters on HF.

habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:14 AM
NOBLE27

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

more or less.....come on dude.
your 100000 post should be taken serious???
PK is a OFFENSIVE defenseman and the rest of the hockey world understands that...defense has never been his strong side...duh
But here it is fantasy land every day

NOBLE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 04:27 AM
Mr. Hab

$6.5mil/year (I wish!) to $7.6 mil/year for 7 or 8 years....that's what it should be.

PK Subban
J.Tinordi (give him time...have patience...stud two-way dman)

We're so lucky to have both...time to get so ****ing happy!!
(why are Hab fans arguing with each other about such amazing dmen?!?!).

PLAYOFFS:
Subban is our MVP (and hopefully Price keeps it up)...Subbie tightens it up like you won't believe it in playoffs (and can shadow anyone...anyone). No worries (be happy!).
He's simply amazing in playoffs (when it really counts). Therrien has to give him 24-25+ per game.

BEST TWO-WAY DMAN in the NHL:
PK Subban
(he will prove it to you again in the playoffs...and yes I've seen him be non-chalant/too casual recently, but in playoffs he's amazing...the best or one of the best in this ****ing ''cool'' sport!).

TO ALL THE IGNORANT DOUBTERS OUT THERE:
In fact...I sometimes love Subbie more for his defense VS his offense (and I absolutely love his offensive game, of course...simply amazing!!). So...grab some popcorn during the playoffs...and watch Subban dominate!! (and when you do...tell yourself that you don't deserve to watch Subban since you've doubted him again and again!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-05-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 06:22 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
No he hasn't. I don't get where this comes from, he is our highest point dman, not our best. Watch when Markov leaves this team how good our PP will be if we don't find a suitable replacement. Who do you think sets up PK for most of his PP points?
And what happens to the PP without PK? Its funny Thay some people can only see PKs mistakes but no one else on the team. Markov makes a lot of mistakes. Emelin too. Gorges, Bouillion. Maybe the system is ****ing ****?

I know many fans only care about regular season production but PK has been our best dman in the playoffs by a long shot. Be careful what you wish for. This team is terrible on the back end without PK. None of out dmen besides beaulieu can even start a bloody rush for Pete's sake.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 06:58 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
A This team is terrible on the back end without PK. None of out dmen besides beaulieu can even start a bloody rush for Pete's sake.
Yeah, Markov is terrible at that.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Toffu

vCash: 1180
He is outplayed in almost every game in last, hmm, how much? Truth is simple, he is not a player for a team who aim big battle for Stanley Cup.

Toffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:22 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
more or less.....come on dude.
your 100000 post should be taken serious???
PK is a OFFENSIVE defenseman and the rest of the hockey world understands that...defense has never been his strong side...duh
But here it is fantasy land every day
I guess he'll have to go to a team with a smarter group of people who don't just follow hearsay and watched him play in the NHL over the years...including the regression this season. And please, who here is saying he's not bad defensively right now? The point is he was good defensively for a long time before Therrien and this management group messed with him and turned him into what many like yourself want him to be - offensive only D. Did he make some mistakes when he was really good at D? Yes. Yet, unlike all the other top D who are suspect to errors once and a while, he gets berated for it by the world.

Even a biased person can admit Subban regressed from the start of the season to today. I can't see how anyone can actually say this is how Subban has always played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffu View Post
He is outplayed in almost every game in last, hmm, how much? Truth is simple, he is not a player for a team who aim big battle for Stanley Cup.
He looked pretty damn good defensively with big minutes and had good offensive numbers under Martin's 12-14 playoff team.

Easily the Habs best player in the embarrassing 1-4 Therrien playoff team as well.

Truth is simple, and this year's payoffs will likely bring more light to it.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-05-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
OKAY.....what ever your smoking I want sum.
The only place you will ever hear PK is good at playing defence is here on the Montreal board.
PK is a offensive defenseman and anyone that truly watches the game knows this. PK is high risk and hopefully high rewards player....and always will be.
This shows that the only thing you truly watch is the between periods on cbc.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
Adriatic is to Subban as Agnostic is to Price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No forward should be paid more than Pacioretty too I assume?
Sounds good to me.

"Sorry Mr. Vanek, we can't pay you more than Max..."

"Oh, okay I understand. I'll just sign for two million a year with you then..."

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Tinordi Ruxpin
Hey, C'mon Let's Go!

Subban already did the Habs a favor and accepted a low ball 2 year deal. He isn't going to do it again, especially after how he has been treated by his coach the past 2 years.

Seriously, why doesn't Erik Karlsson face the same scrutiny? He's worse defensively than Subban by a mile, yet remains a media darling and a TOI machine.

Tinordi Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:59 AM
MTL-rules

Subban doesn't deserve 8mil a year. At most, he should get Letang's contract 7,5mil. If he wants more, let's start looking at possible trades...

3 way trade involving Edmonton and Nashville where we would get Weber would be great...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Nedved

I miss J.M's Subban. I thought we had the best d-man in the league when he played under JM. Now, well, I don't see Subban top 7-8 right now.

he's lost it. that 3rd goal last night, where he didn't challenge the player...that's a coaching decision. pk has never been taught to play through shot blocking, his skill and elite speed could get him out of trouble, quite easily.

therrien is trying to jam a square peg in a round hole.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:20 AM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
From what I have seen, same type of player, great offensive instinct, not much going on D wise.

@ BG, I am in my late 30's been watching the habs since i was old enough to remember(french CBC no less). So now that I have passed the "are you a hab fan enough to judge" BS. I will say that for 4 years I have been very critical of Subbans D game. I played D and use to regularly get in trouble for a lot of the mistakes that subban is making. Only I was 8 years old when I was making them.

Some of us learn, some of us don't. Subban has a great skillset that lets him offset these problems when playing with lower quality player(ohl, minor travel etc) But when you are playing with the best of the best you will pay for making high risk plays. There are too many guys that will make you burn for those errors. I covered for a lot of my D partners over the years and became a stay at home Dman and always had a solid +- at the end of the year. So I see the same errors my D partners made in atoms/peewee etc that subban is still making. That is a huge problem.

I know some of you guys are just too big of fans of players and maybe not of the team.(did I mention I have seen 7 cup runs and 6 victories, in case you again question how long I have liked the habs.) But I call em as I see them. When you are talking about an 8 million contract that some think isn't even enough, then you might start to look critically at the player to earn it. I can live with 6-7 million for his really amazing offensive skill, but you might as well move him to forward at that point if you are thinking his D will win us a cup, scott stevens he isn't. Some are questioning Markov at 5 Million, yet he is only a little behind Subban for points and is much better D wise. Just for perspective.
The past 3 months or so, ever since a bit before the olympics, yes Subban has been terrible defensively. His offense hasn't been good either. So, if like 99% of fans, you are a "what have you done for me lately" person, then yes you're 100% correct.

But Subban was good defensively with Martin. He was used against top opposition, was used 2nd most on penalty kill on one of the top PK in the league, and finished a + on an incredibly terrible team. All of that as a younger less experienced player. Martin was exactly what Subban needed for a coach. A guy who isn't playing mind games and trying to motivate him but teaching him and using him in situations where he can learn and develop.

I do not understand this gigantic regression that has happened this year in Subban's game. Well, I do understand it.. it's Therrien who hasn't used Subban in a defensive situation since he has come on board. At first, in the lockout year, I understood it. Subban was dynamite on the PP and he wanted him on the ice for 75% of every PP minute we had. He figured offense was PK's strongest attribute and used him in a purely offensive role. It gave us a lot of goals and I didn't have much of a problem with it. But that is also the best way to turn an overall amazing player into a one dimensional one by not using him in any key defensive situations and only offensive situations and pairing him with terrible players that have no business playing 25 min+ in the NHL (Gorges, Bouillon, etc). It's the self realizing prophecy. By not using him in any defensive situation, playing him with terrible players that aren't good match with him, Subban eventually got to the point he is now. Even his offensive game has regressed and he makes terrible decisions with the puck all the time. It's sad to watch the habs turn a can't miss all star player into this. Quite sad. And I'm not making this **** up, you only have to look at the countless opinion pieces on Therrien's usage of Subban by the medias who have openly questionned Therrien on this ever since he became coach. Subban needs to fight for nearly everything twice as hard for some reason. It's hard to believe that we are only now just seeing the effects.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Yeah, Markov is terrible at that.

Markov can't do that anymore. He's slow and old.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:26 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Subban doesn't deserve 8mil a year. At most, he should get Letang's contract 7,5mil. If he wants more, let's start looking at possible trades...

3 way trade involving Edmonton and Nashville where we would get Weber would be great...
The way I look at it is he's been grossly underpaid the last 2 seasons. As for Letang, PK is superior so he deserves more.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:27 AM
FisherKing

Given the way he's been treated by Therrien, I truly hope that if Therrien is still coach when Subban signs his next contract, Subban insists on either year to year 1 year contracts leading up to his UFA status or signs a contract for just enough years to get him to UFA status. At least, that's what I would do if I was PK. At present, he's a mere shadow of his former self and we have Therrien to thank for that.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

PK will be fine as he goes forward and keeps learning.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
I just hope that he turns it around for the playoffs at this point. Our defense is terrible at the moment. We need PK to return back to his old self if we are to go far.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:35 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I just hope that he turns it around for the playoffs at this point. Our defense is terrible at the moment. We need PK to return back to his old self if we are to go far.
He's our defense's cornerstone.

He always clutched for the playoffs...

Our offense is playing damn good.

Somehow, that makes me feel confident.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 10:04 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We need PK to return back to his old self if we are to go ANYWHERE.

Sadly, I don't see this happening as long as Therrien is running the show.

Time will tell...it sucks at keeping a secret.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 10:09 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
You may be right. He is being mentored by Francis Bouillon after all.

I also believe PK will get through this alright. I hope.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Brainiac

<------ Made my avatar before the game last night!

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote