HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs score 7 unanswered goals

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
His confidence was completely shot tonight. He was playing like Bouillon, which he's not built to do. Subban is at his pinnacle when he's taking the puck and making things happen and has that jump to his game. When you lean on him, bench him and don't allow him to play like he's played his entire life and what has made him successful this is what you get.

It's poor coaching and an inability to adjust to the personnel you have.
Yup good coaches just send their best players out all the time even if they are playing poorly.

Subban's poor play in the 1st period must be a result of being benched in the warmup...

Old
04-05-2014, 09:14 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Yup good coaches just send their best players out all the time even if they are playing poorly.

Subban's poor play in the 1st period must be a result of being benched in the warmup...
Do you work for the Habs?

Old
04-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post

Interesting chart. Can see that after the Habs' 3rd goal there's clearly a break and the Sens' shot gradient gets much steeper than the Habs'. IMO, this has to do in part with the fact that the Sens at that point start feeling the pressure very heavily and don't want a repeat of last game so they start firing more but lower quality shots on goal with desperation in their minds.
Corsi and Fenwick have their value but last night's game is a perfect example that it can lead to bad conclusions when used out of context.

Overall if you break down each individual shot, the Habs ended with more high end scoring chances, guys wide open, breakaways, guys open in the slot etc but the shots and shot attempts are heavily weighted for the Sens, mostly because they took a lot of low percentage shots the last 50 minutes. After the 3rd goal they only had 4-5 scoring chances, Budaj let 1 in and made 3-4 nice saves.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:18 AM
PricePkPatch

Or you know, maybe he's deliberately underperforming so the Bolts don't prepare their gameplan with him in mind?

Old
04-05-2014, 09:19 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Do you work for the Habs?
I think he's trying to land a job with them.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
I've never been against the idea of tradig subban, but we have no one, nobody that can come close tote placing him. Maybe I brolieu develops properly. I love what he brings, but Tin man isn't even ready yet.
If we do trade Subban the pieces we're getting back need to be massive, furthermore when was the last time someone traded away a superstar and came out on top? Q's when they traded Lindros?

Old
04-05-2014, 09:22 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
not sure if serious...
It's going to happen. There's some really weird stuff going on. Wouldn't be surprised

Old
04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Nedved

jeez louise.

didn't no budaj had 35 saves. didn't think the sens had that many shots.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Or you know, maybe he's deliberately underperforming so the Bolts don't prepare their gameplan with him in mind?
That mastermind, Therrien ! The Bolts won't know what hit them

Old
04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Habs needed a game where they score 7 unanswered goals.

2 messages tonight.

1. We can score
2. Defence needs tightening.
Biggest message is that Ottawa sucks and Anderson sucks more. Just like any team, when the Habs have time to make plays, they can be dangerous. Problems is that in the playoffs, most teams don't let other teams have time. And the ones that do are out real early.

Most of the scoring still come from the same 1 line.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prendan Brust View Post
Short of a flawless performance, some posters here will never be satisfied.

We are perfectonists.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
If we do trade Subban the pieces we're getting back need to be massive, furthermore when was the last time someone traded away a superstar and came out on top? Q's when they traded Lindros?
Trading a superstar almost never works. Lindens worked. Nash looks like it will 'work'. But other than that.... Teams trading that superstar rarely get equal value.

But then again, other than some glaring examples like lindros and Chelios, and chelly wasn't quite a superstar yet, those superstars do get traded past their prime years no?

Old
04-05-2014, 09:49 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
That mastermind, Therrien ! The Bolts won't know what hit them
Think about it. Our PP and our real PK (the Subban) have been sucky for no reason in the past months.

It's to lure them into a false sense of security

Old
04-05-2014, 09:54 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

****** power plan and still gets 50+ points? Das gut ja

Old
04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
jeez louise.

didn't no budaj had 35 saves. didn't think the sens had that many shots.
The shots were 43-23 Sens so Budaj had 39 saves.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Since the deadline, we now have the firepower to hang in high-scoring games... Especially vs train wrecks like the Sens...

Old
04-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Trading a superstar almost never works. Lindens worked. Nash looks like it will 'work'. But other than that.... Teams trading that superstar rarely get equal value.

But then again, other than some glaring examples like lindros and Chelios, and chelly wasn't quite a superstar yet, those superstars do get traded past their prime years no?
I'd say he was, when he was traded he was one year removed from his 1st Norris trophy and everyone knew he was going to be a top 5 d-man for years to come. And yes, they do get traded past their prime.

OT:

Just a funny fact, in the three years he won the Norris trophy Chelios posted 15g-58a-73p, then 15g-58a-73p and finally 14g-58a-72p. Kind of spooky

Old
04-05-2014, 10:11 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Since the deadline, we now have the firepower to hang in high-scoring games... Especially vs train wrecks like the Sens...
Since that OT win against Ottawa, Habs have scored an average of 3 ES goals per game. (34 ES goals in 11 games). That's quite something.

If only they could also get the PP going again...

At least, with our crazy good PK, we still scored more PP goals (6) than we gave on the PK (4) during that stretch.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:15 AM
SpeedyPotato

Everyone has their ups and down FFS!!! Subban grew up in this organization, of which he was a fan during his whole childhood !!! He developed with pretty much every player in our young core, whether it was in Hamilton or Montreal. Chemistry is real and is important, you can't just move pieces here and there and make it fit like a puzzle. I'm not sure there are many players out there who wanna play here as much as Subban does... He's a RH superstar D, we have NO ONE to replace him right now. BTW, good forward need good PMD to be effective, Markov isn't gonna be around for more than 2-3 years and we don't know at what level he'll be performing. I'll take a superstar D over a superstar forward any freaking day of the year. Sure, I'd take Crosby for Subban, I'm not stupid, but that ain't happening so can we just stop with the madness????

Old
04-05-2014, 10:22 AM
eFFeRR
Major League Hockey

Why all the Subban trade talk? I know MT benched him in the first last night, but let's not jump to conclusions.

If PK really hated MT, and gave MB an ultimatum. I am sure MB would fire MT before before trading PK.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Season series against Ottawa has the Sens being remarkably consistent in scoring against us, scoring 4 (allowed ) goals each in every game. Ottawa has the corps to expose our defense like no other, but thankfully, they have no defense to speak of in their own right and it proves that it was a hot goalie covering their pathetic ass team last season.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Do you guys think it's possible that Subban is playing injured? He's headed to the dressing room many times following a fall/blocked shot in recent weeks. Maybe that's why Therrien isn't giving him that many minutes as of late... Or am I giving too much credit to Monsieur Therrien?

Old
04-05-2014, 10:58 AM
SpeedyPotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Do you guys think it's possible that Subban is playing injured? He's headed to the dressing room many times following a fall/blocked shot in recent weeks. Maybe that's why Therrien isn't giving him that many minutes as of late... Or am I giving too much credit to Monsieur Therrien?
I'll be worried if PK isn't his old self when playoffs time comes... He's always been amazing in big games and I still expect he will be this year. It's easy to forget how much we need him when he doesn't play at his best. I don't think he's injured, he's lost his partner for 3 weeks now and has played with a few different players during this time and being the guy he is, maybe adjusting his game is tougher for him than it would be for a Markov who plays a safer, more cerebral type of game. I think it's just another learning experience for him, having to deal with different situations and learning how to be more versatile depending on who he's playing with.

Old
04-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eFFeRR View Post
Why all the Subban trade talk? I know MT benched him in the first last night, but let's not jump to conclusions.

If PK really hated MT, and gave MB an ultimatum. I am sure MB would fire MT before before trading PK.
I know. This is silly.

Price was on the bench. Are we trading him now too?

Old
04-05-2014, 11:10 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'd say he was, when he was traded he was one year removed from his 1st Norris trophy and everyone knew he was going to be a top 5 d-man for years to come. And yes, they do get traded past their prime.

OT:

Just a funny fact, in the three years he won the Norris trophy Chelios posted 15g-58a-73p, then 15g-58a-73p and finally 14g-58a-72p. Kind of spooky
Wow

Closed Thread