HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXIX - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
The Out of Town Thread LXXIX - All News & Talk from Around the League

Continued from....

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1632725

Old
04-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Teufelsdreck

With their win on Friday night the Habs cannot be overtaken the team whose crest is neither animal, mineral, mythological, or abstract. (Notice that I didn't say vegetable, which applies to only one team.)

Old
04-05-2014, 02:40 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
With their win on Friday night the Habs cannot be overtaken the team whose crest is neither animal, mineral, mythological, or abstract. (Notice that I didn't say vegetable, which applies to only one team.)
you made me pause for a while.

Old
04-05-2014, 08:23 AM
sharks9

Hopefully the Jets can beat the Laffs tonight, I don't like how close they are to getting a playoff spot

Old
04-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Hopefully the Jets can beat the Laffs tonight, I don't like how close they are to getting a playoff spot
Jets and Leafs are very similar (no centre depth with Scheifele out, forwards don't help out on D, at times they can't execute a simple breakout from their own zone etc), the biggest difference being that the Leafs at least have capable goalies, while the Jets have to make due with Pavelec and Montoya.

Old
04-05-2014, 11:45 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Flyers at Broons 13h10 EDT puck drop. I predict a fight before 13h25

Old
04-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700

Old
04-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Jets and Leafs are very similar (no centre depth with Scheifele out, forwards don't help out on D, at times they can't execute a simple breakout from their own zone etc), the biggest difference being that the Leafs at least have capable goalies, while the Jets have to make due with Pavelec and Montoya.
You sure about that?

Reimer has been pretty bad lately. Though I agree that it has to do with the defense he has in front of him. No matter how good a goalie could possibly be, if the defense sucks, the goals will flow in.

Bernier has been injured a lot lately. I agree, he's a huge part of the Laffs earlier successes.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
You sure about that?

Reimer has been pretty bad lately. Though I agree that it has to do with the defense he has in front of him. No matter how good a goalie could possibly be, if the defense sucks, the goals will flow in.

Bernier has been injured a lot lately. I agree, he's a huge part of the Laffs earlier successes.
He's not as bad as their fans are making him out to be, he's also under huge scrutiny every time he gets scored on, when Bernier gets scored on it's defenses fault, when Reimer gets scored on he's the goat.

Last edited by Ivan13: 04-05-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old
04-05-2014, 12:23 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
He's not as bad as their fans are making him out to be, he's also under huge scrutiny every time he gets scored on, when Bernier gets scored on it's defenses, when Reimer gets scored on he's the goat.
...totally agree; Reimer needs to work on his rebound control, but he hasn't been the problem with the Leafs this year, their absolute refusal to play Team D has...Reimer's been hung out to dry on soo many occassions this year that he's developed Incurable Xeroderma...

Old
04-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Classic Lucic haha. Rinaldo thumps him with a clean check. Up high too unlike Emelin who "tried to take out his legs." What does our hero Lucy do? Gets up, throws off the gloves and tries to goad Rinaldo into a fight. Rinaldo was having none of it so Lucic got 2 for roughing. What a moron

Old
04-05-2014, 12:26 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Classic Lucic haha. Rinaldo thumps him with a clean check. Up high too unlike Emelin who "tried to take out his legs." What does our hero Lucy do? Gets up, throws off the gloves and tries to goad Rinaldo into a fight. Rinaldo was having none of it so Lucic got 2 for roughing. What a moron
He'll probably cry about it to the media after the game too. The Bruins are so very good at doing that.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:29 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Yup. Players should follow Rinaldo's example, and coaches should insist the refs do their jobs and penalize the broons when they throw punches after a clean hit. One way to cut their crap and maybe beat them?

Old
04-05-2014, 12:30 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

...so Rinaldo turns down a thumping from Lucy and he's trashed for doing it, but that pussbucket Marchand turns and runs from Hartnell and it's "as he should"...man, I hate Edwards...

Old
04-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
He'll probably cry about it to the media after the game too. The Bruins are so very good at doing that.
No kidding. He'll cry and say Rinaldo was too scared to fight him but agreed to tangle with Iginla after throwing a nasty hit last week. He'll call him a coward, etc. even though he's sticked a guy in the nuts from behind, maimed several with elbows sucker punches and checks from behind and refused to fight Laraque himself many years ago. Hypocrite. One day the guy will lose his **** and Steve Moore somebody and the NHL will have no one to blame but themselves for letting his behaviour go scott-free.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:32 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
No kidding. He'll cry and say Rinaldo was too scared to fight him but agreed to tangle with Iginla after throwing a nasty hit last week. He'll call him a coward, etc. even though he's sticked a guy in the nuts from behind, maimed several with elbows sucker punches and checks from behind and refused to fight Laraque himself many years ago. Hypocrite. One day the guy will lose his **** and Steve Moore somebody and the NHL will have no one to blame but themselves for letting his behaviour go scott-free.
I hardly see the Bruins blaming themeselves

Old
04-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
He's a tool, when they were playing the Avs at the start of the season he tried to go after Landeskog and for his trouble he got 2+10, afterwards he was moaning about how Landeskog didn't want to go with him and Julien was his whiny self as well. Funny how he wanted nothing to do with Bordeleau next time they played.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:36 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
He's a tool, when they were playing the Avs at the start of the season he tried to go after Landeskog and for his trouble he got 2+10, afterwards he was moaning about how Landeskog didn't want to go with him and Julien was his whiny self as well. Funny how he wanted nothing to do with Bordeleau next time they played.
...exactly, that's the kind of tough guy Lucic has become; he's been watching Chris Neil too much and picked up his bad habit of going after non-fighters but running from the heavies...

Old
04-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Yup. Players should follow Rinaldo's example, and coaches should insist the refs do their jobs and penalize the broons when they throw punches after a clean hit. One way to cut their crap and maybe beat them?
They use the "We were tired of people taking liberties with our star players. You strike us, we strike back!" argument. The hits on Savard and Bergeron were indeed cheap but the amount of anger and revenge-seeking is so Boston-like. That city loves the "eye for an eye" mentality, so it doesn't shock me. Imagine the troops they'd have sent out there if Pacioretty was a B and got stretchered off the way he did. Believe me there'd be no sympathy given to the excuses if it was Emelin who did the deed with the stantion and not Chara. The Bruins though quickly morphed from "protect our stars" to freaking out over clean hits too!

They enforce and try to instill fear so you don't even think about harming one of their own. Ironically their big tough guys get madder when they're hit than when a Krejci or Bergeron is! Selfishness haha. And Jack Edwards is like the kind of guy who in school used to hang out with the bully and hide behind him shouting "witty" comments then get all excited when the fight went down. But if his bud got beat up he wouldn't intervene, just go grab him some kleenex and water to wipe down his wounds like the jock-sniffing nerd he is.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Dagistitsyn

I hope Boston wins this. I want to see Philly drop to the 2nd wildcard spot so they play each other in the first round.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:48 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...exactly, that's the kind of tough guy Lucic has become; he's been watching Chris Neil too much and picked up his bad habit of going after non-fighters but running from the heavies...
There's a reason we named him LuChicken a long time ago

Old
04-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
There's a reason we named him LuChicken a long time ago
Hockey is a weird sport where a guy like Lucic who runs his mouth, tries fighting everyone, cheap shots people, acts like a two-faced jerk is more honourable than Subban cause he doesn't have an "attitude." I can see why PK bothers people but to me Lucic should draw just as much ire. But cause his behaviour is "tough" and "manly" and he settles scores with fights (except with people in his weight class cause he doesn't wanna take himself off the ice for 5 minutes as a bad trade-off with a goon but gladly does it even with a 3rd liner or 6th dman) it makes him more of a true hockey player. He's more traditional in the way he annoys I guess.

Old
04-05-2014, 12:51 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
I hope Boston wins this. I want to see Philly drop to the 2nd wildcard spot so they play each other in the first round.
Threadban? Thoughtcrime??

Old
04-05-2014, 12:57 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Hockey is a weird sport where a guy like Lucic who runs his mouth, tries fighting everyone, cheap shots people, acts like a two-faced jerk is more honourable than Subban cause he doesn't have an "attitude." I can see why PK bothers people but to me Lucic should draw just as much ire. But cause his behaviour is "tough" and "manly" and he settles scores with fights (except with people in his weight class cause he doesn't wanna take himself off the ice for 5 minutes as a bad trade-off with a goon but gladly does it even with a 3rd liner or 6th dman) it makes him more of a true hockey player. He's more traditional in the way he annoys I guess.
Lucic was questioned by police after throwing shoes at his gf who was on the ground crying, Lucic backed down from Laraque, Lucic cries to the media, and Lucic speared a guy, from behind, in the taint for chrissakes. And more. Not manly he's a pos coward.

Maybe only Broons fans view this puke's behavior as "honorable."

Old
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Montreal had 2 fights after clean checks last night. So we can't say much abiout it, but there is a small different. Tinordi and Galchneyuk didn't go pouting to the media about it afterwards.

Closed Thread