HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2014, 10:18 PM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Video or it didn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Damn straight. I want to see it!
Waiting for That!!!

Guelph win the game.

Old
04-04-2014, 10:32 PM
That

Instead of videos, I come with gifs!

Goal:

Nice reverse check on Dickinson:

Old
04-04-2014, 10:35 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Goal:

!!!!!

kid's gonna be a beaut. I don't know who else I'd rather have with that first pick at this point.

god we're going to be so awesome in a few years.

That, you're the Greek God of hab prospects. a million kudos.

Old
04-04-2014, 10:42 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
Those are great, thanks That!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Thanks That!!!

Crisp is goood! He's so my kind of player. He looks faster than before!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Impressive stuff That. As always, much thanks for your efforts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Great work, That!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Wow is that very first highlight of Crisp's him deking Ekblad out of his pants???

Thanks, That!
You're welcome guys! I have some more coming. Gregoire, Hudon, and Reway, plus Andrighetto, Beaulieu, McCarron, Nygren, de la Rose, and hopefully Lehkonen if I can get some highlights for him.

@dackelljuneaubulis: I can't see the number, but by the way he skates I'd say it's Ekblad for sure.

Old
04-04-2014, 10:51 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
You're welcome guys! I have some more coming. Gregoire, Hudon, and Reway, plus Andrighetto, Beaulieu, McCarron, Nygren, de la Rose, and hopefully Lehkonen if I can get some highlights for him.

@dackelljuneaubulis: I can't see the number, but by the way he skates I'd say it's Ekblad for sure.
awesome! can't wait.

yeah i only knew it was ekblad because the announcer says his name. really excited about crisp. as well as like 15 others, lol.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:14 PM
thomashefe

Quote:

That, you are without a doubt the MVP of this forum. (most valuable poster)

Old
04-04-2014, 11:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Reway had two nice rushes.. other than that, he, and every other player on Gatineau, were terrible inefficient.

Fucale was solid. The only goal against of the game was a poor goal where he was looking for where he was going to deflect the puck before actually doing so and let it slip under his fivehole.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Tyson

Nice to see Big Mac developing nicely

Old
04-05-2014, 12:05 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Nice to see Big Mac developing nicely
can't stop watching those 2 gifs.

catching the puck on his back hand and a moment later it's in the back of the net.

and that was just a monster hit on Dickinson.

skill and grit.

Old
04-05-2014, 05:58 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Over the past few days I've been going through some video footage of Connor Crisp and Brady Vail, here's the results:

Connor Crisp Season Highlights:

Brady Vail Season Highlights:
just watched Vail's highlights. That play at 2:42 was a beaut. He's a good passer and has a good shot too.

I think you have to sign him. For a 2 way/projected bottom 6er he's got good skills. Kind of like a bigger not quite as fast, but maybe a tiny bit more skilled Bournival.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:18 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

so what are Gregoire's drawbacks? His skating?

Old
04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Quote:

Goal:

Great pick and he blew me away at the camp.

Old
04-05-2014, 01:37 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

Great pick and he blew me away at the camp.
"This is a large person"

Old
04-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Grant McCagg

The gif doesn't really do justice to just how skilled McCarron's goal was..he roofed it top corner within a couple feet of the net...as Cosentino said..."a goal scorer's goal."

Strong game from MM....went head to head versus Fabbri's line and ended the night +1..one of London's better forwards on the night. I wish Hunter would give him some PP time - he's earned it...he's a handful in front of the net 5-on-5.

Old
04-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Tyson

Here is a crazy thought...would the Habs consider calling up McCarron if his team is eliminated? Not to necessarily play but to be around the big team, practicing, learning....I have seen it down before.

Old
04-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Here is a crazy thought...would the Habs consider calling up McCarron if his team is eliminated? Not to necessarily play but to be around the big team, practicing, learning....I have seen it down before.
London is hosting the Memorial Cup this year. They're off to the tournament even if they're eliminated by Guelph. Even if they wanted to, the Habs couldn't recall McCarron until his season is over. The Memorial Cup doesn't end until late May. So, in the case the Canadiens are still alive then, they could bring him around the team. That said, most likely outcome will be to go home and rest a bit before off-season training.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

A close to point/game playoffs erases much of the struggles in regular season IMO.

What are the chances Baie-Comeau Drakkar win in the Q? They're basically Hudon-Gregoire et co.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
A close to point/game playoffs erases much of the struggles in regular season IMO.

What are the chances Baie-Comeau Drakkar win in the Q? They're basically Hudon-Gregoire et co.
Baie-Comeau is the favorite to win the Q but it's tight between all the top teams. They also get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

Depends on how you take things with McCarron. From a London Knights perspective, it's a given that playoffs play will be a lot more important. However, from a developmental perspective, playoffs don't trump regular season. There's no evidence that playoffs production translates to increased production over the next few seasons.

We often get noise with small samples. Some might see McCarron rising his game late in the year. I think it has more to do with Smith joining his line. Nothing against McCarron who has shown some good things. That said, with time-on-ice taken into account. I don't find he creates a lot on his own. Smith creates most of the offense and McCarron seems to bring secondary support. Not a bad thing but I still think we're far from a top-6 guy who can generate some offense in the NHL. Still think the upside is a defensive player who can make the other team work in their own end by cycling the puck. Still needs to be stronger on his feet.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:49 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Baie-Comeau is the favorite to win the Q but it's tight between all the top teams. They also get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

Depends on how you take things with McCarron. From a London Knights perspective, it's a given that playoffs play will be a lot more important. However, from a developmental perspective, playoffs don't trump regular season. There's no evidence that playoffs production translates to increased production over the next few seasons.

We often get noise with small samples. Some might see McCarron rising his game late in the year. I think it has more to do with Smith joining his line. Nothing against McCarron who has shown some good things. That said, with time-on-ice taken into account. I don't find he creates a lot on his own. Smith creates most of the offense and McCarron seems to bring secondary support. Not a bad thing but I still think we're far from a top-6 guy who can generate some offense in the NHL. Still think the upside is a defensive player who can make the other team work in their own end by cycling the puck. Still needs to be stronger on his feet.
McCarron was drafted to be a complementary player.. so I guess all is well.

Old
04-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

I'd be more worried if his lack of production came while he was playing top linemates with a lot of offensive minutes. It's also nice to see that he's continue that run he had since late January. I'm not sure he gets much powerplay time either. Would be nice if the OHL/WHL could track shots like the Q on their site to give added insight to the points. He loved to get pucks on net in the U18 so will be interesting if that carries over to OHL and whether his shot rate went up significantly in second half compared to first half.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
The gif doesn't really do justice to just how skilled McCarron's goal was..he roofed it top corner within a couple feet of the net...as Cosentino said..."a goal scorer's goal."

Strong game from MM....went head to head versus Fabbri's line and ended the night +1..one of London's better forwards on the night. I wish Hunter would give him some PP time - he's earned it...he's a handful in front of the net 5-on-5.
I didn't check London's PP%, I'll assume it's pretty good based on the quality players they have, but you have to think that at one point he HAS to be tried at least on the PP#2. But does London reach that? Or do they score before.

Quote:
McCarron has been paired with top offensive players before and it wasn't working out. Not sure Smith ends up being better than players he was with. I think that in the end, as I had hope before, he clearly improved as the year progressed. Personnally, I think that they are in too tough of a challenge and will probably sit that one till the Mem Cup. That 5 on 3 really helped them out last game.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:

Goal:

Wow glad to see he's stepping up his game in the playoffs. Sick goal

Old
04-05-2014, 10:38 PM
That

Martin Reway scored a beautiful goal tonight against Zach Fucale's Mooseheads. Reway also grabbed an assist, setting a new career-high in post-season points with 13 in four fewer games than his previous.

Zach Fucale stopped 25 of 27 and grabbed both a penalty and an assist in the 6-2 win. Fucale has a 6-0-0 record, along with a .935 SV% and a 1.41 GAA in six post-season appearances.

Reway's beautiful goal:

Charles Hudon and Jeremy Gregoire's Drakkar took a 2-0 series lead. Gregoire had an assist and five shots, while Hudon had an assist and seven shots. Hudon and Gregoire both have scored in every post-season game so far. Both have racked up nine points, including four goals and five assists.

Jack Nevins scored for the fourth consecutive game as well. He has five goals and three assists in seven games, while playing a key role defensively for the Huskies.

Old
04-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
McCarron has been paired with top offensive players before and it wasn't working out. Not sure Smith ends up being better than players he was with. I think that in the end, as I had hope before, he clearly improved as the year progressed. Personnally, I think that they are in too tough of a challenge and will probably sit that one till the Mem Cup. That 5 on 3 really helped them out last game.
I agree he improved this year. The game we saw earlier in the year against was pretty average to say the least. Not saying he didn't play with good players either. Difference is now he's playing a depth role instead of playing with good players on top lines. This line now includes Gemel Smith who's a very good OHL player in his own right. Smith's arrival on McCarron's line also coincides very well with McCarron's increased offensive output.

Old
04-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Martin Reway scored a beautiful goal tonight against Zach Fucale's Mooseheads. Reway also grabbed an assist, setting a new career-high in post-season points with 13 in four fewer games than his previous.

Zach Fucale stopped 25 of 27 and grabbed both a penalty and an assist in the 6-2 win. Fucale has a 6-0-0 record, along with a .935 SV% and a 1.41 GAA in six post-season appearances.

Reway's beautiful goal:

Charles Hudon and Jeremy Gregoire's Drakkar took a 2-0 series lead. Gregoire had an assist and five shots, while Hudon had an assist and seven shots. Hudon and Gregoire both have scored in every post-season game so far. Both have racked up nine points, including four goals and five assists.

Jack Nevins scored for the fourth consecutive game as well. He has five goals and three assists in seven games, while playing a key role defensively for the Huskies.
Now this goal needs a gif.

Closed Thread