HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators at San Jose, 9:30 PM CDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2014, 11:17 PM
  #26
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Seriously, when is the last time we have played a better 5 periods of hockey than the 5 played last night and tonight?

Also, another point for Jarnkrok, and we now have four 20 goal scorers. According to twitter that is the first time since 07-08- crazy stat if true..

And I know he hasn't had to do a whole lot tonight, but I have more and more confidence when Carter Hutton is in net- looks like he has a ton of it himself out there now......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:17 PM
  #27
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Josi and we are up 3-0. It hasn't really been that much of a trainwreck season it just seemed that way because of the bad stretches where they played horrible. People forget the wins and just remember the bad losses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Really, if you get right down to it, it is our play at home this year that really cost us a playoff spot. We have been pretty darn good on the road all season- we have some very impressive wins (2 x over Chicago, Anaheim, LA, San Jose, etc)

It wasn't just the 1-5 homestand after the Olympics- 17-17-5 overall. If we had had anything close to our normal home record, we would easily be in the playoffs..

Also, how about this- if the Preds win this game tonight without going to shootout, we will have the same number of ROW wins as Minnesota.

Not saying we don't have a bunch of issues, but we really weren't that far away from having a pretty good season....

i really hope all the hand wringers and teeth gnashers can get this point through their heads… we are not that bad a team… we are going to miss the playoffs by what basically boils down to being really bad at shootouts… and thats playing 51 games without Rinne..

we do not need to blow this thing up, period. next year we should be back in the playoffs and the year after we should be back as a legit contender.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:19 PM
  #28
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Really, if you get right down to it, it is our play at home this year that really cost us a playoff spot. We have been pretty darn good on the road all season- we have some very impressive wins (2 x over Chicago, Anaheim, LA, San Jose, etc)

It wasn't just the 1-5 homestand after the Olympics- 17-17-5 overall. If we had had anything close to our normal home record, we would easily be in the playoffs..

Also, how about this- if the Preds win this game tonight without going to shootout, we will have the same number of ROW wins as Minnesota.

Not saying we don't have a bunch of issues, but we really weren't that far away from having a pretty good season....
Or a healthy Rinne all year...c'est la vie. Seems like a different team since Legwand left.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:20 PM
  #29
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Seriously, when is the last time we have played a better 5 periods of hockey than the 5 played last night and tonight?

Also, another point for Jarnkrok, and we now have four 20 goal scorers. According to twitter that is the first time since 07-08- crazy stat if true..

And I know he hasn't had to do a whole lot tonight, but I have more and more confidence when Carter Hutton is in net- looks like he has a ton of it himself out there now......
the other myth of this season that needs to be exploded is that Poile screwed up by signing Hutton instead of some nameless/faceless "veteran" who would have saved the season when Rinne went down.

Hutton has proven he is a capable NHL backup. I expect him to be signed to a two year deal this summer, provided someone else doesn't poach him.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:20 PM
  #30
Jonesey
KCCO
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 7,843
vCash: 500
NHL.com has Weber at E with an assist. Ellis +3.

__________________
Posted by: Live in the Now
I've grown soft.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:23 PM
  #31
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traded Legwand View Post
NHL.com has Weber at E with an assist. Ellis +3.
I was just getting ready to ask about that.. did Weber pass and then leave the ice? or is that something they will clean up later?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:29 PM
  #32
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Our offense hasn't been nearly as horrible as we like to make it out to be this year. A healthy Rinne all year & we'd be in the playoffs for sure. Still not where we need it to be..but the development of Forsberg will be key..Wilson settling in at center will be key as well. With Jarnkrok looking more & more like a stud, there seems to be some hope.

I don't see Trotz going anywhere this offseason..he could make a good case in his favor.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:35 PM
  #33
Montross
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Our offense hasn't been nearly as horrible as we like to make it out to be this year. A healthy Rinne all year & we'd be in the playoffs for sure. Still not where we need it to be..but the development of Forsberg will be key..Wilson settling in at center will be key as well. With Jarnkrok looking more & more like a stud, there seems to be some hope.

I don't see Trotz going anywhere this offseason..he could make a good case in his favor.
Eh the offense has still been fairly bad. It has played a bit better lately. Still could use some talent via trade or FA. I hold out a wild hope that Stasny makes it to UFA and Poile grabs him and pairs him with Smith next season. Pipe dream I know.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:36 PM
  #34
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
how was that not tripping or slashing for the guy that took out wilson in the front of the net there?

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:36 PM
  #35
ChesterCopperpot1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Not to be "that guy" and I don't want to root for us to lose, but I think the fact that we are playing somewhat well will save Trotz and/or Poile's job. We need change at the top, and I am not sure this will happen now.

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:39 PM
  #36
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Man, Carter Hutton looking fantastic

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:42 PM
  #37
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Hutton is a serviceable goaltender when he's not getting hung out to dry and can play with confidence. Certainly a good backup when he's on. If he can figure out how to do that all the time we could have a very good tandem here.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:47 PM
  #38
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,333
vCash: 500
Jarnkrok seems to have a magnet at the end of his stick

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:49 PM
  #39
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Its amazing what 5 good periods of hockey will do for your outlook. This is basically the same team minus Legwand and add Hook. The fact still remains the team offense was 23rd in the league before the Ducks game. May have changed but it is still suspect. Also the PK has hurt this year it was 24th very unusual for the Preds.


On another note for the Smith pumpers It has been 12 games since his last goal and has just 4 points in those 12. Not his minutes not who hes playin on a line with in fact Hook should have helped him. Just pointing out the fact that the streak I talked about for him has been a negative streak instead of a scoring streak.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:52 PM
  #40
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
Hutton is a serviceable goaltender when he's not getting hung out to dry and can play with confidence. Certainly a good backup when he's on. If he can figure out how to do that all the time we could have a very good tandem here.
I agree, but I'm starting to think he may have more of an upside than just "serviceable"

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 11:55 PM
  #41
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Man is Hutton taking a beating.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:00 AM
  #42
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
I don't understand how weber is E.

He was celebrating with the team on the ice after the goal

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:01 AM
  #43
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
**** Joe Thornton. That giant baby

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:02 AM
  #44
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,989
vCash: 500
Sharks are getting pissy.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:02 AM
  #45
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
How did hornqvist get called for a slashing there? Maybe I just missed it but it looked like everyone bumped thorton, words were exchanged and then thorton landed a right hand on horn before they got broken up.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:07 AM
  #46
The PH Factor
Registered User
 
The PH Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Kudos to Hutton. First NHL shutout. He definitely earned it.

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:09 AM
  #47
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Congrats to Hutton on his first NHL shutout. After what he's gone through this season the guy deserves it.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:11 AM
  #48
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
Hope Dallas loses tomorrow. Take a miracle to catch them, but would love to see them sweat a bit if they drop one to Florida and we beat them Tuesday.

Great win tonight for the second half of a back-to-back. Congrats to Hutton.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:11 AM
  #49
Kamikazepants
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Its amazing what 5 good periods of hockey will do for your outlook. This is basically the same team minus Legwand and add Hook. The fact still remains the team offense was 23rd in the league before the Ducks game. May have changed but it is still suspect. Also the PK has hurt this year it was 24th very unusual for the Preds.


On another note for the Smith pumpers It has been 12 games since his last goal and has just 4 points in those 12. Not his minutes not who hes playin on a line with in fact Hook should have helped him. Just pointing out the fact that the streak I talked about for him has been a negative streak instead of a scoring streak.
Never change

I doubt anybody here is a "Smith pumper" you just seem to have an irrational dislike for the guy

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:16 AM
  #50
goeb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Our offense hasn't been nearly as horrible as we like to make it out to be this year. A healthy Rinne all year & we'd be in the playoffs for sure. Still not where we need it to be..but the development of Forsberg will be key..Wilson settling in at center will be key as well. With Jarnkrok looking more & more like a stud, there seems to be some hope.

I don't see Trotz going anywhere this offseason..he could make a good case in his favor.


No, don't be persuaded by a few anomalous games. He needs to go already. Preds winning when the pressure is off them should not prompt the preds to give him another chance.

If anything, it just proves he should've moved Cullen to the wing earlier (I know he's excellent at faceoffs but he was ineffective at center otherwise, we all noticed it). I wouldn't even trust him to keep that line together next season anyways.

goeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.