HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor play effecting naming rights?

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2004, 02:00 PM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Poor play effecting naming rights?

I don't know. Most stadiums sell their naming rights before the place even opens. I know this is a different type of deal, and the money will go directly to Phoenix, but it seems as though the recent poor play may force the Coyotes to take less money than expected.

Old
02-06-2004, 02:45 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I don't know. Most stadiums sell their naming rights before the place even opens. I know this is a different type of deal, and the money will go directly to Phoenix, but it seems as though the recent poor play may force the Coyotes to take less money than expected.
I don't know. Because there is complete city being built around the arena I suspect the Coyotes are asking a lot of money for the name of the first recognisable sight of the area. As Phoenix isn't a huge hockey market, maybe potential investors remain careful and want to see how many people will come to see games etc...
So with the results right now, it probably doesn't help. But as it didn't look like the management was closed to have a naming deal three weeks ago when everyone in the hockey world were talking about Boucher and the Coyotes, I suspect that at this moment the absence of a naming rights deal might not really be performance related.

Old
02-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Coyote_Fan

Its the lockout next season thats hurting the Naming Rights. Even crappy teams have naming rights for their Arena's. But what big company is gonna pay big $$'s for a Arena thats major tenant isnt gonna play next year?

Old
02-06-2004, 03:50 PM

I've said it all season, we won't see the naming rights sold until the CBA is resolved. I don't think we'll even see that much development in the arena's area until the CBA is resolved &/or the Cards stadium is complete. I don't see businesses lining up for a slow traffic area for the majority of next season. Not sure when the Cards open, but of course businesses will flock to be near that.

Old
02-06-2004, 04:02 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoyotes
I've said it all season, we won't see the naming rights sold until the CBA is resolved. I don't think we'll even see that much development in the arena's area until the CBA is resolved &/or the Cards stadium is complete. I don't see businesses lining up for a slow traffic area for the majority of next season. Not sure when the Cards open, but of course businesses will flock to be near that.
The area around Glendale arena will be developed. It is part of the deal Elman agreed to.

Old
02-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Yotes03

Even without the Yotes and Cardinals the area around the arena will be developed.

Old
02-06-2004, 05:16 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

I think the status of the naming rights has a lot more to do with the US economy than the current performance of the Coyotes.

Old
02-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Yotes03

We've said all along that they were going to make sure that whoever does get the rights, that the name will be secure and stable. Meaning it won't change every two years like a lot of other arenas in the league. It's a great idea IMO and probably has a lot to do with why it's still pending.

Closed Thread