HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autograph from away team player?

Old
02-24-2014, 11:00 AM
MixBlender

vCash: 500
Autograph from away team player?

Hey guys. I'm a big time lurker but I could really use anyone's advice on this one. I live in Edmonton, and I have an important game coming up that I got tickets to: Oilers Vs Anaheim.

Reason being, of course, Teemu's last hockey game in Edmonton.

I would say hands down Teemu is my favorite player, and I have a dream of having him sign my Selanne ducks jersey that I've been holding on to for years so that I could have a memento before he's finished his career.

I have no bloody clue how or where I could find him, or even approach him to ask for his signature.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could go, or what steps I could take to maximize my odds of pulling him over for one second to get his autograph? Do away teams have a practice time I could meet him at?

Any serious reply would be greatly appreciated.

MixBlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 11:09 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
The worse thing is he is guaranteed to play that night so who knows where he'll end up.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 11:12 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixBlender View Post
Hey guys. I'm a big time lurker but I could really use anyone's advice on this one. I live in Edmonton, and I have an important game coming up that I got tickets to: Oilers Vs Anaheim.

Reason being, of course, Teemu's last hockey game in Edmonton.

I would say hands down Teemu is my favorite player, and I have a dream of having him sign my Selanne ducks jersey that I've been holding on to for years so that I could have a memento before he's finished his career.

I have no bloody clue how or where I could find him, or even approach him to ask for his signature.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could go, or what steps I could take to maximize my odds of pulling him over for one second to get his autograph? Do away teams have a practice time I could meet him at?

Any serious reply would be greatly appreciated.
a package of $5 panty hose for your head and a small hand gun should get you where you need to go...

but really you can probably email the oilers training/equpiment staff and arrange to mail or drop off your jersey and they will do it for you. im not saying they take money to do such things but sliding them a few $'s wouldnt hurt either

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 11:13 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

you can also Email the Ducks PR staff and make sure you let them know you are not a dealer or peddler and this is a personal jersey for yourself and what steps do you need to take to get the Teemu the sign it.

Old
02-24-2014, 11:30 AM
MixBlender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
you can also Email the Ducks PR staff and make sure you let them know you are not a dealer or peddler and this is a personal jersey for yourself and what steps do you need to take to get the Teemu the sign it.
Those are great ideas. Can I find Oilers/Ducks staff numbers on their websites somewhere? I'm pretty lost when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Old
02-24-2014, 11:36 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Those are great ideas. Can I find Oilers/Ducks staff numbers on their websites somewhere? I'm pretty lost when it comes to this kind of stuff.
http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=44905

just be sure to include in your message that you are not a dealer of any sort and this is a one time personal signing.

Old
02-24-2014, 11:39 AM
MixBlender

Thanks a lot man. I'll post any progress I make in this thread in case anyone else wants feedback for their own endeavours in the future.

Old
02-24-2014, 11:42 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

no worries good luck.

Old
02-24-2014, 11:49 AM
czar99

Quote:
a package of $5 panty hose for your head and a small hand gun should get you where you need to go...
I needed this.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Perfect_Drug

I know when I lived in Vancouver, my friend used to just go find the practice times, and wait in the mornings for them to show up (usually a mini-media scrum).

He got his fave player (Jagr's) Autograph that way.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 12:55 PM
MixBlender

yeah that was my initial thoughts too. I sent a email to (hopefully) a person in the Oilers organization that can answer if there will be an away practice a fan would be able to go to without it being too much of a hassle.

I just dont wanna be one of those crazy stalker fans that will do anything for a signature. I'd like it to be at least a bit dignified.

Old
02-24-2014, 01:12 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
yeah that was my initial thoughts too. I sent a email to (hopefully) a person in the Oilers organization that can answer if there will be an away practice a fan would be able to go to without it being too much of a hassle.

I just dont wanna be one of those crazy stalker fans that will do anything for a signature. I'd like it to be at least a bit dignified.
shave your head and borrow a wheelchair?

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 01:33 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
shave your head and borrow a wheelchair?
yeah or even better borrow someones kids and shave their head. and have a puppy there too puppys always win people over

Old
02-24-2014, 01:53 PM
DIBZ

be sure to, if you are a really big fan, possibly state other things you have collected or what not, kinda hammers home the point, you are just a die hard fan, and not some blow hard looking to make a quick buck.

DIBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 02:04 PM
czar99

Quote:
yeah or even better borrow someones kids and shave their head. and have a puppy there too puppys always win people over
From a gun wielding bandit to tugging at the hearts strings. Your such a peach.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 01:18 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

If you show up really early I'm sure you can go down for warm ups on the Ducks side and catch his attention.

I've done this a lot in other cities and the players usually notice.

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
BleedingOil

They stay at Sutton place, wait in the lobby

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 09:15 PM
oilinblood

He will probably have no problems doing it if you put in effort...show up to thepractice or game or wait at the hotel. Practice is the best time.
Also the bigger guys might insist they personalize it for you. Adding your name makes sure you arent a scamming neckbeard.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 07:20 PM
mikeyjcanada

Find the practice schedule and visiting teams hotel (most use the same). Selanne is awesome. Signed for me no prob earlier this year

mikeyjcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
rianne

I'm also a big fan of Selanne's and have been while growing up, and I also have a personal jersey that I would love to have him sign. Especially since the last time he'll be in Edmonton is this Sunday. I have tickets to the game but unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll be playing.

I know it's been mentioned to try to find the practice schedule and visiting team hotels and to catch players at those places, but how do you find players who are likely not playing that day's game? I don't know if he would still be expected to be at practice since I know he's skipped a few, or whether he would bother getting to the rink 2-4 hours before game time, which throws off the strategy of waiting at those locations (unless you wait the whole day at the hotel). Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
ManofSteel55

Rumor is that Selanne is hard to get to sign. Not because he isn't a nice guy, he just doesn't like to.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 03:17 PM
rianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Rumor is that Selanne is hard to get to sign. Not because he isn't a nice guy, he just doesn't like to.
Oh, I didn't really realize that was the case. I had heard he was one of the ones who was pretty easy to get an autograph from as he was always happy to sign, no matter if it was one person waiting or a whole group. Making sure everyone got an autograph before he left, to the point where he'd hold up the team bus.

Old
04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianne View Post
I'm also a big fan of Selanne's and have been while growing up, and I also have a personal jersey that I would love to have him sign. Especially since the last time he'll be in Edmonton is this Sunday. I have tickets to the game but unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll be playing.

I know it's been mentioned to try to find the practice schedule and visiting team hotels and to catch players at those places, but how do you find players who are likely not playing that day's game? I don't know if he would still be expected to be at practice since I know he's skipped a few, or whether he would bother getting to the rink 2-4 hours before game time, which throws off the strategy of waiting at those locations (unless you wait the whole day at the hotel). Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rianne View Post
Oh, I didn't really realize that was the case. I had heard he was one of the ones who was pretty easy to get an autograph from as he was always happy to sign, no matter if it was one person waiting or a whole group. Making sure everyone got an autograph before he left, to the point where he'd hold up the team bus.
Quote:

r
i got you guys

Old
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
rianne

Quote:
Quote:
i got you guys
LOL A bit too dramatic for my tastes and would have to track down where he'd be if he's not attending practice with his mates!

Quote:
but really you can probably email the oilers training/equpiment staff and arrange to mail or drop off your jersey and they will do it for you. im not saying they take money to do such things but sliding them a few $'s wouldnt hurt either
Took up your other suggestion and e-mailed the Oilers to see if there was any way they could facilitate getting my jersey signed, but no reply. Granted, I went through the "contact us" link on their website so am guessing my request likely didn't go anywhere. Was worth a try, though.

Old
04-06-2014, 09:08 AM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
I think Teemu is known to be completely opposite, I think there was a report that the Ducks almost missed their flight (or at least had to wait long) after a game in Calgary, because he wanted to sign an autograph or take a picture with anyone who wanted.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote