HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Whats our draft pick situation for 2007?

Old
02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
MrAlfie

vCash: 500
Whats our draft pick situation for 2007?

So I just woke up and decided to read the trade forum, Im quite confused with all the picks flying around.

so what is it:
1st
2nd
4th
5th
6th
7th
?

If thats really it IŽd love for the rangers to get some picks via trade in the offseason.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Richter35

well keep in mind the draft was shortened to 7 round from '05 onwards. honestly i think we're fine with respect to picks... if rachunek is rfa id love to trade him along with our 1st to move up in the 1st round this year and pick up an impact player.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM
bmoak

The Rangers are missing their 3rd (to ATL in Dupuis/Bourret trade) and their 4th (traded last year at the draft for to get an extra 4th (Zaborsky).

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
The Rangers are missing their 3rd (to ATL in Dupuis/Bourret trade) and their 4th (traded last year at the draft for to get an extra 4th (Zaborsky).

then its 1st,2nd,5th,6th,7th, right?
one more couldnt hurt so lets hope the offseason will do us good in that field

Old
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
BigE

There is a thread in the works for this. Melrose and myself will be putting it together (well...he's going to sticky it for me at any rate) and it's going to track just about everything you're going to want to know about the draft. Should help to keep 1000 draft threads from popping up, too.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
There is a thread in the works for this. Melrose and myself will be putting it together (well...he's going to sticky it for me at any rate) and it's going to track just about everything you're going to want to know about the draft. Should help to keep 1000 draft threads from popping up, too.
Soundas good to me.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
DarthSather99

expect Sather to trade down in the second to pick up a third....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
hurry up and git r dun!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
sounds good, looking forward to it

Old
02-27-2007, 10:06 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Bravo - great idea. I look forward to it.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
expect Sather to trade down in the second to pick up a third....

He always does.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Edge

Especially in a draft like this where a team would trade up if there is a player they particularly like. This is one of those drafts where pick 60 could be just as good as pick 35.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
MrAlfie

ok since the draft thread isnt up yet, and this one isnt move/merged im gonna ask here:

Assuming we end up with the 10th overall, who do you assume will be our pick in the 1st round?

Old
02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Especially in a draft like this where a team would trade up if there is a player they particularly like. This is one of those drafts where pick 60 could be just as good as pick 35.
I don't know about any one player specifically outside of Kane, so I was wondering from you or anyone knowledgeable about the draft...Seeing as how we are going to be most likely picking in the mid-teens, is there potential for 1st line scoring talent that late in the 1st? Obviously not franchise player talent, but first line player talent?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
nickrOck

lets hope our scouts have they're eyes open leading up to the draft and don't make any devastating mistakes.. we've already had enough draft bombs..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
ok since the draft thread isnt up yet, and this one isnt move/merged im gonna ask here:

Assuming we end up with the 10th overall, who do you assume will be our pick in the 1st round?
For me it's way too early to guess because players have a lot of room to rise and fall between now and June. 6 months is a long time.

Old
02-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I don't know about any one player specifically outside of Kane, so I was wondering from you or anyone knowledgeable about the draft...Seeing as how we are going to be most likely picking in the mid-teens, is there potential for 1st line scoring talent that late in the 1st? Obviously not franchise player talent, but first line player talent?
I don't know it's hard to say. This is a weird draft in that there really aren't a lot of guys who jump out and scream First Line, but somehow those drafts always seem to surpass expectations.

I like Kane, I really like Sutter. I'm interested to see what becomes of Couture.

Old
02-27-2007, 10:46 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
For me it's way too early to guess because players have a lot of room to rise and fall between now and June. 6 months is a long time.
well then take a wild guess and lets see how you did come draft time

Old
02-27-2007, 10:48 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
I don't know it's hard to say. This is a weird draft in that there really aren't a lot of guys who jump out and scream First Line, but somehow those drafts always seem to surpass expectations.

I like Kane, I really like Sutter. I'm interested to see what becomes of Couture.
Good to know. Am asking because as I think we can all agree and as has been stated in the past, the one thing the Rangers are lacking in that prospect pool is that guaranteed first line talent. Dubinsky and Anisimov have that potential but are not sure fire 1st line talents...

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Edge

Quote:
well then take a wild guess and lets see how you did come draft time
Alright on the spot?

Sutter in the hopes that he brings that family work ethic to the table and maybe has a chance to learn a thing or two from Shanahan in camp.

Old
02-27-2007, 10:55 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Good to know. Am asking because as I think we can all agree and as has been stated in the past, the one thing the Rangers are lacking in that prospect pool is that guaranteed first line talent. Dubinsky and Anisimov have that potential but are not sure fire 1st line talents...
I would add Korpikoski and a certain Alex Bourret to that list of possible 1st line potential players (although I would rate the probabilities a tad bit behind the two you mentioned). And I am in the decided minority, but I have yet to give up on Jessiman.

But, yes, we have no SURE FIRE 1st liners. It would be nice to have a Staal brother that didn't play D floating around somewhere. (Not that I'm complaining about having Marc, mind you!)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Edge

Quote:
Personally if I can, this is the time I go ahead and try and make a move for a younger franchise forward. I move my first in that deal.

Old
02-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I would add Korpikoski and a certain Alex Bourret to that list of possible 1st line potential players (although I would rate the probabilities a tad bit behind the two you mentioned). And I am in the decided minority, but I have yet to give up on Jessiman.

But, yes, we have no SURE FIRE 1st liners. It would be nice to have a Staal brother that didn't play D floating around somewhere. (Not that I'm complaining about having Marc, mind you!)
Kind of funny because I tend to see Korpikoski and Bourret in the same boat.

Both are mid to later first round picks who are playing at pretty young ages in the AHL.

Both bring other things to the table besides scoring but are trying to develop their offensive talents right now.

Both (IMO) are most likely to fall between the second and third line. If their offense developes, they could both be VERY good assets for the second line. If the offense doesn't come as much, they could form a good combination with someone like Avery someday and give this team a nice third line that does what the Rangers need, adds some offense as well.

Old
02-27-2007, 11:26 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Alright on the spot?

Sutter in the hopes that he brings that family work ethic to the table and maybe has a chance to learn a thing or two from Shanahan in camp.

i went to the prospect board to check out the ISS rankings to see what could be a possibility, so this ranking might not be news to you but it is to me, and keep in mind that im absolutely clueless when it comes to north american juniors.. but angelo esposito at 10 doesnt seem right to me.
i know its early, but what happened to him?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9446

Old
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
i went to the prospect board to check out the ISS rankings to see what could be a possibility, so this ranking might not be news to you but it is to me, and keep in mind that im absolutely clueless when it comes to north american juniors.. but angelo esposito at 10 doesnt seem right to me.
i know its early, but what happened to him?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9446
From everything I've read, the kid hasn't developed, and has had a couple of medicore showings in different tournaments. Plus, he's considered a bit soft.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote