HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Whats our draft pick situation for 2007?

Old
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I don't know it's hard to say. This is a weird draft in that there really aren't a lot of guys who jump out and scream First Line, but somehow those drafts always seem to surpass expectations.

I like Kane, I really like Sutter. I'm interested to see what becomes of Couture.

The guy who's really taken off lately is Turris. Last week, he was being talked up as a top 5 pick; now, I'm reading comparisons to Joe Sakic and that Philly's very interested in him.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
i went to the prospect board to check out the ISS rankings to see what could be a possibility, so this ranking might not be news to you but it is to me, and keep in mind that im absolutely clueless when it comes to north american juniors.. but angelo esposito at 10 doesnt seem right to me.
i know its early, but what happened to him?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9446
A lot of talent and a lot of concerns. Personally I am not totally sold on him. Kid's got a lot of offensive weapons but doesn't always seem willing to pay the price, doesn't always seem to be trying and frankly I can't see him outplaying NHL calibre defenseman.

Now the real question is whether a scout see's the next Daigle or the next Wolski in him?

I tend to lean towards the former.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The guy who's really taken off lately is Turris. Last week, he was being talked up as a top 5 pick; now, I'm reading comparisons to Joe Sakic and that Philly's very interested in him.
A prime examples of why it's so hard to tell.

There are players in this draft I am not sold on {Esposito, Gilles come to mind}, others I still have faith in {Couture} and still others I think would be nice, if unspectacular picks {Sutter}.

Old
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
From everything I've read, the kid hasn't developed, and has had a couple of medicore showings in different tournaments. Plus, he's considered a bit soft.
Esposito is a nightmare pick, because (as I said previous to this) you wonder if you're looking at Daigle or Wolski.

I'll be the first to admit that I NEVER expected Wolski to make it like he has. I get a lot of the same read off Esposito this year so that concerns me, but at the same time a guy who showed what Wolski did his draft year doesn't always have the best odds.

They kill you when they prove you wrong and make it or they kill you when they prove you wrong and flop.