HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Galchenyuk skated with team during optional practice

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Wouldn't be surprised to see Moen next to Briere and Gionta in the playoff.

Three known playoff performers. Youngsters are all energetic and stuff, but the old vets are the ones who know the little tricks to wins.

Old
03-31-2014, 12:05 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see Moen next to Briere and Gionta in the playoff.

Three known playoff performers. Youngsters are all energetic and stuff, but the old vets are the ones who know the little tricks to wins.
Yup, but I can still see Bourque doing well in playoffs, if not...hopefully we have several options (meaning: all or most of our 4th line or 4th line players come back and at 100% or very close...Moen, Prust, Weise,etc).

Bourque-Briere-Gionta
(I can see good things coming out of this line in playoffs....and finally we can see Briere at CENTER where he was a playoff hero for Philly not so long ago.... bourque was awesome for us in our last playoffs vs Ottawa...hoping to see the same warrior performance from him).

4th line to start playoffs...Moen-White-Prust(if healthy) or Moen-White-Weise, but who knows? one or two of these players will move up to the 3rd for more of that warrior-playoffs' style-grit?

Finally...Gionta on the 3rd line!! (perfect for the 3rd line...as long as you add some size/sandpaper on it, ex: Bourque when ON, Moen, Prust, etc).

Playoffs...when the tough get going...we need our Moen, Prust, White, Weise,etc...need them...I really hope they (Moen, Prust, Weise) all get to a 100% or close.

Go health Go!!

Old
03-31-2014, 12:18 AM
Saundies

I hope our guys can actually come back.. Weise is still 2 weeks or so out so I think he'll be ready. They said Moen would be out at least a week, but you never know how concussions work themselves out and they said they'd "re-evaluate" Prust at the start of the playoffs, not that he'll be back for sure. Not trying to be a negative nancy here because we do have the depth to fill in, I just like what these three guys specifically were bringing before they went down.

Old
03-31-2014, 04:25 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I hope our guys can actually come back.. Weise is still 2 weeks or so out so I think he'll be ready. They said Moen would be out at least a week, but you never know how concussions work themselves out and they said they'd "re-evaluate" Prust at the start of the playoffs, not that he'll be back for sure. Not trying to be a negative nancy here because we do have the depth to fill in, I just like what these three guys specifically were bringing before they went down.
I'm with you (the importance of warriors like Prust, Moen, Weise during playoffs).

And, don't worry...there's only positive here since the reports on them didn't say they'd be out for a month or two months...instead it's approx one week (Moen), two weeks (Weise),etc.... that's not bad at all (way way better than one month or two months). I was afraid it would be longer at first, so I was relieved to hear about one week or two weeks in regard to Moen and Weise (it's also good...our warriors are resting/healing/getting healthier)....if I'm Moen...I'd rest till playoffs or get in one game before playoffs...don't rush a concussion even if it's a minor one...not sure it is though?). Prust...we still have to hope he's resting, getting better to be close to a 100% for playoffs.

INJURY UPDATE for everyone...

MOEN: approx. one more week or less to rest a concussion (minor one? not sure?).

WEISE: approx. 10-14 days before he plays...he has time to heal properly, so he should.

GORGES: he said he might play vs Chicago on April 9th

PRUST: no recent news...hoping he can play for 1st Rnd (resting is very wise for him...no point in coming back early just to re-aggravate the injury). Can't wait to get some news about Prust.
Tough ****** should not play in the last 10-20 games of the season just to be ready for playoffs!!! (we really need him for playoffs, but I'm still happy with Moen, Weise, and White for our 4th line). But...Prust (or Moen) can replace Bourque on the 3rd with Briere and Gionta IF Bourque doesn't play like he can during playoffs (he was a true warrior vs Ottawa in last season's playoffs, so I trust him but he has got to deliver so we can forget about his regular season performance or lack of it).

Our 3rd and 4th lines can be huge for us in playoffs...huge.
(really want to see Briere stay on the 3rd with Gionta...add Bourque or Moen or Prust to that line, and... BINGO!! magic!!).

First playoff game is around mid-April, so...still time for everyone to rest/heal properly (shouldn't rush... *looking at Gorges and Prust*).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-31-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old
03-31-2014, 05:24 AM
Beendair Donedat

We need these guys back in the lineup for the playoffs. Moen, Prust, Gorges and Weise provide a ton of grit and character, and are the foot soldiers we will need in the trenches.

Old
03-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I'm with you (the importance of warriors like Prust, Moen, Weise during playoffs).

And, don't worry...there's only positive here since the reports on them didn't say they'd be out for a month or two months...instead it's approx one week (Moen), two weeks (Weise),etc.... that's not bad at all (way way better than one month or two months). I was afraid it would be longer at first, so I was relieved to hear about one week or two weeks in regard to Moen and Weise (it's also good...our warriors are resting/healing/getting healthier)....if I'm Moen...I'd rest till playoffs or get in one game before playoffs...don't rush a concussion even if it's a minor one...not sure it is though?). Prust...we still have to hope he's resting, getting better to be close to a 100% for playoffs.

INJURY UPDATE for everyone...

MOEN: approx. one more week or less to rest a concussion (minor one? not sure?).

WEISE: approx. 10-14 days before he plays...he has time to heal properly, so he should.

GORGES: he said he might play vs Chicago on April 9th

PRUST: no recent news...hoping he can play for 1st Rnd (resting is very wise for him...no point in coming back early just to re-aggravate the injury). Can't wait to get some news about Prust.
Tough ****** should not play in the last 10-20 games of the season just to be ready for playoffs!!! (we really need him for playoffs, but I'm still happy with Moen, Weise, and White for our 4th line). But...Prust (or Moen) can replace Bourque on the 3rd with Briere and Gionta IF Bourque doesn't play like he can during playoffs (he was a true warrior vs Ottawa in last season's playoffs, so I trust him but he has got to deliver so we can forget about his regular season performance or lack of it).

Our 3rd and 4th lines can be huge for us in playoffs...huge.
(really want to see Briere stay on the 3rd with Gionta...add Bourque or Moen or Prust to that line, and... BINGO!! magic!!).

First playoff game is around mid-April, so...still time for everyone to rest/heal properly (shouldn't rush... *looking at Gorges and Prust*).
Happily surprised to hear Moen is on track for a fast return, considering his concussion history. Is this confirmed? I was steeling myself for bad news.

I'm less worried about Weise and Gorges -- both involve bones/tendons that should be healed and 100% in time.

Prust... I'm less optimistic. Don't know, but it sounds like cracked ribs or something like that.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Rick16

any news on our injured players?

Old
04-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
We need these guys back in the lineup for the playoffs. Moen, Prust, Gorges and Weise provide a ton of grit and character, and are the foot soldiers we will need in the trenches.
But the experts on here would tell you Gorges loses all his battles and is useless.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
But the experts on here would tell you Gorges loses all his battles and is useless.
Well the fact that you can replace guys like Gorges at the expanse of a 5th round pick shows how hard it is to find guys who bring that package. Gorges is expendable given the right offer. I keep Emelin over him any day.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Well the fact that you can replace guys like Gorges at the expanse of a 5th round pick shows how hard it is to find guys who bring that package. Gorges is expendable given the right offer. I keep Emelin over him any day.
The GAA has gone up with him out, I think somebody had the numbers. The defense clearly misses him. Not sure what Emelin has to do with the discussion. His role has not changed with Gorges in or out.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:58 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
any news on our injured players?
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 16h

#canadiens Josh Gorges will be back next week. Expect Dale Weise to be the next to come back. #tvasports

Old
04-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Lshap

We need whatever solid defence Gorges brings. I dread watching our chiffon-thin, unaggressive D getting caught in our zone. That'll be our undoing against Tampa unless we address it.

Old
04-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMCMBeaulieu View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 16h

#canadiens Josh Gorges will be back next week. Expect Dale Weise to be the next to come back. #tvasports
I was hoping for good news about Moen, but not surprised there isn't any. He'll be an important player in the playoffs.

Old
04-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Cupmonger

Odd that we haven't heard more about Prust's situation.

Old
04-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Odd that we haven't heard more about Prust's situation.
well we know he's out till the end of the regular season.
Should have more news on him as the playoffs start.

Old
04-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
well we know he's out till the end of the regular season.
Should have more news on him as the playoffs start.
Well, come playoffs time, the only news we'd get is if he is or isn't going to be playing. We'll only know the extent of his injury if he doesn't play or at the end of the playoffs.

We need him for the playoffs. However if it's his dislocating rib that's causing the problem, which probably is going to be hindering his performances, then I'd rather he sit it out.

Old
04-07-2014, 09:45 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Prust needs to bite the bullet and get surgery and miss half of next season to heal, so be it. I'm no doctor, but at this rate, the guy is going to have a lot of problems as he gets older.

Old
04-07-2014, 09:53 AM
EveryDay

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs ·1m
#LuckyCharm
RT @GLefrancoisRC: #Habs Dale Weise participe à l'entraînement. Chandail blanc, donc semble avoir le feu vert pour les contacts

Weise clear for contact!!!!!

Old
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
#LuckyCharm
RT @GLefrancoisRC: #Habs Dale Weise participe à l'entraînement. Chandail blanc, donc semble avoir le feu vert pour les contacts

Great news! Can't wait for his return.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:10 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
#LuckyCharm

oh man! Can't wait to see Weise back in action!

Old
04-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Smoky Thompson

Weiss back in practise as per RDS.

Bourque can finally return to his spot in the press box

Old
04-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Saundies

Weise and Gorges both on the ice at practice with blue jerseys... Calling in the re-enforcements boys.

Edit: Here's the tweet about Gorges

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 25m
Josh Gorges is wearing the same blue jersey as other #Habs defencemen, so he's presumably cleared

Old
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Weise and Gorges both on the ice at practice with blue jerseys... Calling in the re-enforcements boys.

Edit: Here's the tweet about Gorges

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 25m
Josh Gorges is wearing the same blue jersey as other #Habs defencemen, so he's presumably cleared
Good to here, Subban play has slipped since Gorges when out

Old
04-07-2014, 10:24 AM
PricePkPatch

Sweet. Our lineup is getting healthier by the day. This 3-days reset will do us wonder.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Sweet. Our lineup is getting healthier by the day. This 3-days reset will do us wonder.
Exactly. Plus Emelin, Markov, and Subban are all taking the same therapy day today (definitely not a coincidence). We're resting the horses for the upcoming back-to-back.

Closed Thread