HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our cupboard

Old
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Our cupboard

Oh my goodness gracious... NICE deals at the deadline.

Ward for a bigger player who is 6 years younger, plays a better offensive game and has a better contract ($250K more, but 1 year less). I know he's been underperforming this year, but if you had Ward 12 months ago and were told you could trade him straight up for Mara, do you even think twice?

But I digress - the real point of my post: For those of you who are counting, all year long our prospect pool has lost only Cliche and added Bourret. That deal, with the progress we're seeing from basically everyone at HFD, we've GOT to be moving into the top five best systems in the league - and with the Rangers' awful January and February we'll get some decent picks in this year's very deep draft even if we somehow squeak into the last playoff spot.

Throw in the development of Tyutin, Hossa (I told yo - okay, I won't say it) and Lundqvist's stabilizing after some October struggles and we have the potential for a very good, young team for years to come. I am psyched.

It might, just MIGHT be time to give Sather and Maloney credit for tellling the truth in '04.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 02-27-2007 at 09:40 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think that Mara is signed for one year more than Ward.

02-27-2007, 09:05 PM
DontStaal

i like the optimistic post and i have to say i agree... i mean we have a lot of potential NHLers in HFD, and some young players coming around.

i also think that having Lundqvist and Montoya, we can swap for a key player next year/whenever the organization is ready to make a move.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:12 PM
UAGoalieGuy

With these deals I really do think that Satherony know what they are doing (I was never a doomsday-sather hater anyways but still) I mean they basically traded a 26 (?) year old 3rd liner at best player in Moore for a first line potential 1st rd draft pick in 2005 in Bourret. AMAZING!

If Mara can return to his form from last season (47pts) and is only 250K more then Ward that is a STEAL imo..

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Levitate

I think a big thing will be what happens next year in regards to young players making the team.

I think there are guys in Hartford who are pretty much ready, and the Rangers need to find room for some, IMO.

They already have a lot of forward positions filled, so I'm not sure what will happen there. And same on D, really. They have Mara, Tyutin, Rozsival, Malik, and Girardi as guys who are signed and can be expected to return. That leaves one spot open, though Girardi might be fighting to keep his spot still. Does it go to Staal? Baranka? Do they re-sign Pock or Rachunek? Who knows, but this is where the three year deal with Malik gets annoying.

So...the Rangers need to work some young players in, IMO, but it's not gonna be easy

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think that Mara is signed for one year more than Ward.
Mara is signed through next year, just like Ward was. That's it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I think today showed that Malik COULD be traded.

Mara, Tyutin, Girardi, and Rozsival 4 nice defenseman going into next season.

Add a free agent (Brewer) and Staal to those 4 names and the defense would be unreal next season.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I think today showed that Malik COULD be traded.

Mara, Tyutin, Girardi, and Rozsival 4 nice defenseman going into next season.

Add a free agent (Brewer) and Staal to those 4 names and the defense would be unreal next season.
I would love to add Brewer, but he re-signed with the Blues a few days ago to like a 4 or 5 year contract.

Old
02-27-2007, 09:30 PM
broadwayblue

What about Souray? He would look nice on a pp unit with Mara.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i think it was jas who suggested the core group on hartford stay together next season and come up as a year later after being totally in tune w/ each others game. this would allow us to basically change styles overnight w/ the departures of jagr straka, malik, etc following that season

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:37 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

For some reason I thought Ward had yet another year - must have attributed some of Cullen's deal to him. Regardless, I love trading for Mara in exchange for Ward +$250K of cap space. And if it turns our our kids are ready, he should be eminently tradeable next year.

More importantly, just look at the youth on this roster and waiting in the wings. (Not to mention that even our vets outside of Jags, Nylander, Straka, Malik and Shanny are pretty young.) Barring some major screwups or injuries, we could be set for a long time.

Levitate, I hear you regarding the kids on D getting a chance, but a) I don't have a problem if management wants to break the Staals and Sauers in with a year of AHL first and b) if they are NHL ready but get crowded out, who crowds them? The answer is Girardi/Pock - so that's still the youth movement.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:39 PM
UAGoalieGuy

lol where do you guys think Bourret would fall on our "Top Prospects Ranking"?

All I know is that I can't wait to see all these young kids play. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Korpido, Dawes, Callahan, Sanguenetti, Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Montoya, BOURRET, even Jessiman who (hopefully will continue) is turning it around. Mesh that with Toots, Lundqvist, and Prucha, I like this teams future, specially with the younger UFA age.

Old
02-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
lol where do you guys think Bourret would fall on our "Top Prospects Ranking"?

All I know is that I can't wait to see all these young kids play. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Korpido, Dawes, Callahan, Sanguenetti, Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Montoya, BOURRET, even Jessiman who (hopefully will continue) is turning it around. Mesh that with Toots, Lundqvist, and Prucha, I like this teams future, specially with the younger UFA age.

as far as forwards go, i would rank Korpedo our best forward as far as how i see them developing (not right now) followed by bourret and then dubinsky.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
as far as forwards go, i would rank Korpedo our best forward as far as how i see them developing (not right now) followed by bourret and then dubinsky.
I agree Korpido is up there, but I didn't Rank them in any particular order lol. Just lots of talent!

Old
02-28-2007, 08:04 AM
TheRedressor

Definetly gonna be interesting to see where players will eventually fit into place for next season.

-How do the Rangers feel about Jarkko Immonen? He had a nice assist last night, but does that mean he is here to stay?

-Ditto for Pock.

You have Jagr, Straka, Cullen, Prucha, Hossa, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Betts, Avery and Orr as an extra slated in for next season

Hossa-UFA-Jagr
Straka-UFA/FARM-Prucha
Avery-Cullen-UFA/FARM
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer
Orr

On D we know that Rozsival, Tyutin, Malik and Girardi will be back. Will the team sign Pock (Or will he sign with the team?) You would also hope that Rachuneck would be dumped.

Rozsival-Malik
Tyutin-Mara
Girardi-UFA/FARM
UFA/FARM

Obviously I am hoping for Marc Staal in that #6 spot and a tough defenseman free agent defenseman ala Studwick in the #7 spot.

Time will tell........

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:17 AM
VIL8BUBBLE

I am very happy about getting Bouret. Not that I know anything about him, other than what I read here, but I think it was great to aquire an established prospect. Lots of teams were giving up 1st round draft picks this year which would have been great to get, but with our scouting teams track record over the last few years, I am glad we got someone we know is a top flight prospect. I dont know how Sather pulled this off, but Kudos.

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
dank

no shanahan?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:41 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Definetly gonna be interesting to see where players will eventually fit into place for next season.

-How do the Rangers feel about Jarkko Immonen? He had a nice assist last night, but does that mean he is here to stay?

-Ditto for Pock.

You have Jagr, Straka, Cullen, Prucha, Hossa, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Betts, Avery and Orr as an extra slated in for next season

Hossa-UFA-Jagr
Straka-UFA/FARM-Prucha
Avery-Cullen-UFA/FARM
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer
Orr

On D we know that Rozsival, Tyutin, Malik and Girardi will be back. Will the team sign Pock (Or will he sign with the team?) You would also hope that Rachuneck would be dumped.

Rozsival-Malik
Tyutin-Mara
Girardi-UFA/FARM
UFA/FARM

Obviously I am hoping for Marc Staal in that #6 spot and a tough defenseman free agent defenseman ala Studwick in the #7 spot.

Time will tell........
You forgot about Shanny! I honestly have no idea now about what the lines will look like next season until well into the UFA signing period and most of the big names are off the market. If Nylanders asking price is not rediculous I really don't see Satherony not re-signing him. If the Rangers sign Drury and re-sign Shanny and Nylander, the lines might look something like this:

Hossa-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Drury-Shanahan
Avery-Cullen-Prucha
Hollweg-Betts-Orts

A couple of years after next season it could look like this though (If Drury is signedand assuming no other UFA or trade is made):

Hossa-Drury-Prucha
Dawes-Anisimov-Bourret
Avery-Korpido/Dubinsky-Callahan
G.Moore-Dubinsky/Korpido-Byers

Old
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
VIL8BUBBLE

So everybody is now in love with Hossa, but a month ago I probably couldn't find one person on this board who wanted him on the Charlotte Checkers, let alone the big club( me included). So I gotta ask, which Hossa can we expect next year? Is he playing this well b/c he is with Jagr? Because he has confidence? What happens if he goes the first 8 games of the year without a goal? Is the confidence gonna be shot and we can expect another 2 goal in 50 games stretch? Im not sure which to expect, but I think it's gonna be more close to the 2 goals in 50 games. Not that drastic I hope, I think he's a 15-20 goal player, but definately not the almost goal a game player we have seen over the last 3 weeks.

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:51 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
no shanahan?
Thats up to Brendan. He might not re-sign.

Old
02-28-2007, 08:53 AM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
So everybody is now in love with Hossa, but a month ago I probably couldn't find one person on this board who wanted him on the Charlotte Checkers, let alone the big club( me included). So I gotta ask, which Hossa can we expect next year? Is he playing this well b/c he is with Jagr? Because he has confidence? What happens if he goes the first 8 games of the year without a goal? Is the confidence gonna be shot and we can expect another 2 goal in 50 games stretch? Im not sure which to expect, but I think it's gonna be more close to the 2 goals in 50 games. Not that drastic I hope, I think he's a 15-20 goal player, but definately not the almost goal a game player we have seen over the last 3 weeks.
I think Hossa might be a case of just he had to learn on the job. I think the staff would have loved to have him develop on minors but Im pretty sure he would have to go through waivers so they were forced to teach him on the big club. I also have to give Jagr credit as he showed Hossa a lot, Hossa as you see now is cashing in on the potential, it was always there, it was just a matter of Hossa showing it ever night on a consistent basis.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
TheRedressor

Marcel just needs to keep doing this for an extended period of time.

Old
02-28-2007, 02:38 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
With these deals I really do think that Satherony know what they are doing (I was never a doomsday-sather hater anyways but still) I mean they basically traded a 26 (?) year old 3rd liner at best player in Moore for a first line potential 1st rd draft pick in 2005 in Bourret. AMAZING!

If Mara can return to his form from last season (47pts) and is only 250K more then Ward that is a STEAL imo..
I like Mara, but why not and try and get Boynton. Mara was dealt to the Bruins for Boynton. So its basically Ward for Boynton. Bruins made a great one there.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:39 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Mara will help our PP, but we dont really have a big defensive hitting dman. Boynton is another player who I wanted yesterday. Oh well, Rangers win this deadline.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:49 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Mara will help our PP, but we dont really have a big defensive hitting dman. Boynton is another player who I wanted yesterday. Oh well, Rangers win this deadline.
I think the Rangers are hoping one of either Tyutin or Staal can become that big hitter, and in all fairness to Fedor, he has stepped his game up this season from last, and I think there is still room for growth of his game and physical growth. He still looks like he's filling out to me, and he has taken on a more physical presence .

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote