HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXIX - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2014, 10:13 AM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
That was the game stopped by the heart attack.

The score remain, and they just start back the clock where it was stopped. Basically one game, two nights.
The score will remain, however I believe they are resetting the clock so the fans get a full 60 minute game.

That is simple enough given the stoppage occurred midway through the 1st period, but I'm curious what they would have done if something like this happened with, say, 5 minutes left in the game. It would be unfair to Columbus if they reset the game and they had to hold a lead for 60 minutes rather than 5. Hopefully we never have to find out.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I'd rather have Gorges and Eller and Vanek than Vanek and Kane (what's the $$$ situation there anyway), but only by a hair. We are already defensively putrid and I still have high hopes for Eller.

As for Beaulieu's karakter -- I think you look at it the other way: NB isn't even a full-time NHLer, he hasn't been groomed, he hasn't played consistently within the organization. I give him more of a pass for the (let's be honest) overblown character flaws that he has currently. Being sent down after the Olympics was a joke! I'm not surprised he was like WTF. Not saying he's an angel, but I don't think he's going to be a problem child.

Kane's been in the NHL for several years and him acting like a **** to his own team is nothing new. I would expect more from him given he's an NHL player. I know jury is split, but that instagram pic when he got his deal < Brolieu's tattoos and other *********aries. Obviously you can't quantify this, just saying, I wanna keep Beaulieu, particularly if the guy who he's being offered against is Evander Kane, wherein we also throw in a friking 1st rd pick! He's not worth that.

Maurice seems like a reasonable guy, not a hardass. Total opp. of Therrien vis vis Subban. If Kane is getting benched, I smell smoke. That said, I think the other Kane is also a bit of a headcase, but from my limited knowledge, he seems to respect the Hawks organization. Cab drivers...not so much.
I think people are overblowing Kane's issues and its not like a 22 year old can't change. People said same about Seguin. Dudley drafted him in ATL so I'm sure he knows him well. Kane is 5.25m and basically same as what gorges and eller cap wise.

Maurice is always hard on young players. Not afraid to bench the kids and has reputation for it.

From an organization POV, Kane basically fills every need team struggles to fill. Impossible to make a fair trade for some with that upside and proven production without there being some question marks. With him habs no longer need to worry about winger size in top 6 for long time. Pacioretty, Vanek, Kane would match up with most of the NHL. If Gallagher can improve then that's pretty high end top 4 W.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-07-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think people are overblowing Kane's issues and its not like a 22 year old can't change. People said same about Seguin. Dudley drafted him in ATL so I'm sure he knows him well. Kane is 5.25m and basically same as what gorges and eller cap wise.

Maurice is always hard on young players. Not afraid to bench the kids and has reputation for it.

From an organization POV, Kane basically fills every need team struggles to fill. Impossible to make a fair trade for some with that upside and proven production without there being some question marks. With him habs no longer need to worry about winger size in top 6 for long time.
Gee. I can't wait to read all the "Therrien is ruining Kane" comments

Old
04-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Gee. I can't wait to read all the "Therrien is ruining Kane" comments
Is that before or after "Therrien has nothing to work with, not his fault the most talented least injured Habs team in years cant have more success than the teams with less talent."

But I do somewhat agree with your sentiment, if Kane needs good coaching, unlikely to find it here. After all, you already suggest a player with some question marks would fail under MT.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Is that before or after "Therrien has nothing to work with, not his fault the most talented least injured Habs team in years cant have more success than the teams with less talent."

But I do somewhat agree with your sentiment, if Kane needs good coaching, unlikely to find it here.
The team under Therrien has known more success, on average, than any other Habs team (except the 07-08 Miracle) in the past 15 years.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:36 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Nope, I'll be cheering against both. If they can both lose, that would be great.
I will cheer for the Leafs (feeling quite dirty for saying so). Leafs win will almost guarantee home ice for us against Tampa. Plus, it will male the Leafs draft higher.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I will cheer for the Leafs (feeling quite dirty for saying so). Leafs win will almost guarantee home ice for us against Tampa. Plus, it will male the Leafs draft higher.
I hope the Leafs play with heart, and get very very physical.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
The team under Therrien has known more success, on average, than any other Habs team (except the 07-08 Miracle) in the past 15 years.
We'll see in playoffs. Team had 96 pts with half the talent in 10/11 and won 3 playoff games with Pacioretty and Markov out. Even Carbo won 5 playoff games.

Old
04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
We'll see in playoffs. Team had 96 pts with half the talent in 10/11 and won 3 playoff games with Pacioretty and Markov out. Even Carbo won 5 playoff games.
And yet, in 10/11, everybody was crying regarding the huge beatdowns the team suffered at the hands of the Bruins (both the 8-6 and the 8-0 game), or when in March we had a 3-game stretch WITHOUT A SINGLE GOAL SCORED.

The 10/11 team looked even weaker in play than the current one.

And I personally think the jury is still out on our last playoff against Ottawa. It's more than possible we actually see that it was a fluke caused by temporary transcendant goaltending, and that we had sound rationales.

Old
04-07-2014, 12:50 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Toronto fans are now talking about sabotaging their own team!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post82888665

Old
04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Toronto fans are now talking about sabotaging their own team!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post82888665
Good thing they dont have any more home games. Fans would of started throwing waffles at them.

Reimer would of been the only player untouched by the barrage. Flying disk like objects just seem to go through him.

Old
04-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Andy

Lupul is out for the season now.

Things turning ugly fast in Leafsland

Old
04-07-2014, 01:48 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Lupul is out for the season now.

Things turning ugly fast in Leafsland
I heard Leaf fans crying about Kadri's game, saying he plays like "a Canadien". I was wondering what you guys would think about him?

Old
04-07-2014, 01:54 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
I heard Leaf fans crying about Kadri's game, saying he plays like "a Canadien". I was wondering what you guys would think about him?
well he's a leaf...the only thing he can play like is a leaf.. stupid ****ing leafs fans

Old
04-07-2014, 01:57 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Well if they had a few more guys that played like the habs maybe they would be heading into the playoffs.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
if he "played like a Canadien" he'd be their top scorer and carried the team into the playoffs on his back.

He's obviously playing like a Leaf player, along with the rest of the chokers they have on their roster

Old
04-07-2014, 02:03 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
if he "played like a Canadien" he'd be their top scorer and carried the team into the playoffs on his back.

He's obviously playing like a Leaf player, along with the rest of the chokers they have on their roster
Obviously.

But seriously tho. what do you guys think of Kadri, except how ugly his uniform is? apparently, he was raised as a habs fan.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Swish

Quote:
Obviously.

But seriously tho. what do you guys think of Kadri, except how ugly his uniform is? apparently, he was raised as a habs fan.
He needs to stop diving/embellishing. The refs have caught on and he won't be getting the calls anymore. He's done some stupid things, like the elbow on Backstrom, but he's still young and has a lot of room to grow. He's very skilled and has fantastic hands too. Maybe surrounding Kadri with some veteran leadership would help? I'm not sure. There's been a lot of rumours around the Leafs possibly moving him and/or Gardiner in the offseason, which would be a mistake, IMO.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Andy

Kadri is a good hokcye player. Good amount of skill combined with an ability to agitate. If the Canadiens weren't already loaded with centres, I'd take a flyer on him.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:17 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Obviously.

yah..i remember seeing that too...I don't know if the leafs would deal with us but they are probabley going to make a mistake in dealing him....trading away these young players with potential because of impatience or attitude or anything really always comes back to bite you in the ass and nobody ever gets enough for those players.....seguin...mcdonagh...neal...kane could be one....we should be identifying these types everywhere and acquiring them..because all they probably need is achange of scenery.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Pricef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Well if they had a few more guys that played like the habs maybe they would be heading into the playoffs.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
yah..i remember seeing that too...I don't know if the leafs would deal with us but they are probabley going to make a mistake in dealing him....trading away these young players with potential because of impatience or attitude or anything really always comes back to bite you in the ass and nobody ever gets enough for those players.....seguin...mcdonagh...neal...kane could be one....we should be identifying these types everywhere and acquiring them..because all they probably need is achange of scenery.
Leafs will probably try to deal Phaneuf, Kadri and Clarksson. Probably retaining 1-2M$ of salary of the first, and might have to retain as much as 3-4M of salary from the 3rd.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Kadri is a good hockey player, but his head isn't in the right place at times.

Old
04-07-2014, 02:28 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
What do mean?

Old
04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He needs to balance his agitating game. There are too many times where he's focused on getting an opponent all riled up with a late hit or with stick work than making the "right" play. In that sense he's like Phaneuf who will make a big hit, but forget about the puck and playing defense afterwards.

Let's not forget that he's being coached by Carlyle who is known to promote goonery. With a good coach who is good at developing and focuses on hockey, Kadri could be a really good player (he already is in some sense).

Closed Thread