HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Merged Hossa Threads

Old
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Nich

vCash: 500
All Merged Hossa Threads

what kind of contract do you think he will want? and is he a restricted free agent?

sign him up boys!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
what kind of contract do you think he will want? and is he a restricted free agent?

sign him up boys!!!
Hossa is an RFA. I think he will get a 2 or 3 year contract that's average salary for the duration is a little over $1 million.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:01 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Give him one of those Charles Wang 10 year contract specials

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
he's still only producing for no more than a third of the season. I think he's been a great player all season, but his stats don't really reflect. the only way he'll get a big deal is if he gets an offer sheet.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
he's still only producing for no more than a third of the season. I think he's been a great player all season, but his stats don't really reflect. the only way he'll get a big deal is if he gets an offer sheet.
If he finishes out the season at his current rate of production , and shows no sign of it being simply a glitch on the radar, he's gonna get some decent money. If the Rangers play it smart, they can probably give him a solid one year deal with extra seasons based on reaching specific goals, sorta like Jagrs contract is structured .

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
funky

20 games left, lets see if he can keep it up. He has always shown spurts and been very inconsistant.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:47 AM
UAGoalieGuy

No matter what the case, I really don't see him making more than $1.25 million (as the average over the duration of the contract). That's if he keeps going at this pace for the rest of the season and if the Rangers make the playoffs he does well there as well.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hes got confidence now and it totally shows. He has shown development and has continually risen his game since the end of last season.

Hes producing on the top line with top line minutes and getting his points. Hes also been a very effective role player and PK guy.

If you are signing him for 2 or 3 years at about a mil each, youre going to have to play him on those top lines with top minutes to make it worth it. Burying him on the 3rd or 4th lines will be similar to Cullens contract situation. Cullen is a true 3rd line center. Is he worth his contract?

Well if its a stanley cup roster and he is effective in that role (I be' he is) - AND the team salary situation warrants it then it might. But the same goes for Hossa. Is he going to get these types of minutes next season?

If so then great sign him for 2 years, but make sure he fits in the cap AND fits in the time slot.

The last thing you want is the old early 2006 Hossa making over a mil a year.

But if he continues his play till the end of the season at this rate hell deserve it. Quite frankly hes been one of the better players this year having a very good year, regardless of the point produciton.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I say resign him for no other reason that this:http://youtube.com/watch?v=dW5BBE92pT8

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:54 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
I like Hossa, he plays hard. Even if he doesn't keep up this rate of production, I'd like to keep him as a second or third liner.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:01 PM
in the hall

this is hilarious.. i have always disliked hossa, mostly because renney has a huge hard on for him.. but he's scored 4 goals while i attended games.. and has consistently been one of the better players in most the games i've attended, so now i'm slowly becoming a fan.. how about them apples

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:05 PM
in the hall

also lets keep things a little bit in perspective.. while i completely acknowledge that the production in the given time has been great, he has 10 goals, 16 points on the season in 61 games.. something like 20 games left, lets see if he keeps it up

2006 61 10+6=16
2007 64 10+6=16

Old
02-28-2007, 12:39 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
also lets keep things a little bit in perspective.. while i completely acknowledge that the production in the given time has been great, he has 10 goals, 16 points on the season in 61 games.. something like 20 games left, lets see if he keeps it up

2006 61 10+6=16
2007 64 10+6=16
Whats the deal with the avatar?

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:42 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Whats the deal with the avatar?
a devil fan thought i should change my avatar

Old
02-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
a devil fan thought i should change my avatar
then you have too...i mean they are never wrong.....salt of the earth i tell you!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
then you have too...i mean they are never wrong.....salt of the earth i tell you!
well obviously i'm just here to make everyone happy.. let me do my thing

Old
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Loved his passion when he played for Mora in Sweden during the lock out, nice to see he manage to reproduce that for Rangers.

Long may it continue. So when will his brother join the team? Not to speak about the missing Staals?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I say resign him for no other reason that this:http://youtube.com/watch?v=dW5BBE92pT8
What...the...hell...is that....

Ha nevermind, I got it.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
I wonder if this is the most consistent he has been. I mean, it's been about a month or two now...has he ever put up numbers like he has now?

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:20 PM
shoothepuck

He's another work in progress, but he's also been able to adjust to most of the situations that Tom has put him in. If he can continue the way he has, then he deserves a contract with incentives built in so that he dosn't revert back to his old ways.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Are we witnessing Marcel Hossa becoming the REAL DEAL

I know he's been streaky in the past, but man does he look strong with the puck, not to mention he's hitting net with regularity.

Could we really have a top line player in "the other Hossa"?

02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Edge

Not sold personally.

This really isn't that far off from what I see him doing.

Filling in in spurts, teasing with that talent. Maybe even popping in 20 goals here and there but ultimately bouncing from team to team and in the right situations producing but often times moving on when better options become available.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:46 PM
lotus

Maybe we can convince Marian to come here and we can have a Hossa Sandwich line! Center them with a power forward and there's no stopping that juggernaut ! bahahah.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Draft Guru

Marcel Hossa is one of those guys who has decent hands and can score goals when put in the right situation and surrounded by the right type of players. He's a complementary scorer. He will not create much on his own.

This is the first real stretch of Hossa's stint as a Ranger where he's had the opportunity to play on an offensive line with Jagr and Straka for the most part. He's strong on the puck and very good in the corners and he works well with other offensive players. He will not, and has not, produced offense consistently when playing with the likes of Betts, Ward, Hollweg, Orr, etc.

I think if he continues to play on an offensive line, he can be a consistent 20 goal, 50 point two-way player.

Growing up, especially in the WHL, Hossa was always a top line player who was accustomed to being in key offensive situations and playing lots of minutes. It's hard for some players to produce when they're playing on a 3rd line and only seeing 10-12 mins a game with no PP time. Take Nigel Dawes as an example. He wasn't producing offense when playing on the 3rd and 4th lines for us. I believe the first time he had the chance to play with a playmaking center like Nylander (in the game against Toronto), he scored his first NHL goal.

A lot of teams make this mistake of putting young offensive players on lower lines with little minutes and still expect them to produce. One team that has always put their players in a position to succeed is Colorado. When Drury, Hejduk and Tanguay came up, they were put on the top two lines with Sakic, Forsberg, et al. Same thing with Svatos and Wolski, and to a lesser extent Vrbata, who went on a tear when he first came up.

This is always something that I think people quite often overlook.

Draft Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Two positive Marcel Hossa threads in 1 day

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote