HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Merged Hossa Threads

Old
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
We'll see...

could've been perfect timing...scored a goal with Jagr, gains confidence, and it all snowballs. Let's see what happens after he becomes complacent in his position - that'll be the key. Hopefully he won't - having a guy with his size and talent and age at his cost would be great, but he does have a history.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
could've been perfect timing...scored a goal with Jagr, gains confidence, and it all snowballs. Let's see what happens after he becomes complacent in his position - that'll be the key. Hopefully he won't - having a guy with his size and talent and age at his cost would be great, but he does have a history.
I don't think he can afford to become complacent here. He's been given a huge opportunity to produce on one of the top lines and he's doing just that. I see a player with growing confidence, who is finally making those adjustments , and realizing what his role is on this team. As I posted earlier, I don't think it beyond his abilities to score 25-30 goals a season, as long as he gets some decent ice time. His natural ability will take over provided he gets that time, and he does have a nose for the net, not in a fancy way, but in an aggressive way

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
He's another work in progress, but he's also been able to adjust to most of the situations that Tom has put him in. If he can continue the way he has, then he deserves a contract with incentives built in so that he dosn't revert back to his old ways.
Traditional incentives are gone in the new CBA. They are only for entry level and for players coming back from serious injury.

For a player like Hossa, 1 year deals are the way to go. I have no problem paying a player what they are worth, not speculating down the road hoping for a bargain.

With his recent goal scoring is fantastic, the guy still doesn't have the hands or shot of a real goal scorer. The measure of his success is if he keeps doing the little things, working well along the boards and displaying good defensive practices. When surrounded by topline talent, other players would be able to match his scoring (ie. Prucha).

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 03:52 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I wouldn't sign this guy to anything more than a one-year deal. Getting hot playing with the likes of Jagr and Straka over the course of a few weeks is nice, but he needs to prove he can be productive over the course of an entire season, which he wasn't last year and hasn't been this year.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
what kind of contract do you think he will want? and is he a restricted free agent?

sign him up boys!!!
Give him 1 year at no more than 1.2 Mill give or take, and take it from there if he proves better than re-negotiate with him at years end for a 2 ,maybe 3 year deal, or atleast a 2 year with a 3rd option,depending on seasonal stats etc...

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Marcel Hossa is a living legend!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:00 PM
BigE

Queue the "I knew he was going to be a player posts!" The one I like best is "I always knew he had the skill."

Good on Marcel for working so hard, and good on the Rangers for sticking with him.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Queue the "I knew he was going to be a player posts!" The one I like best is "I always knew he had the skill."

Good on Marcel for working so hard, and good on the Rangers for sticking with him.

I did always think that Marcel had the skill, as I think most people did, but I was also among those who thought that he didn't work hard enough on the ice.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Like Ive said a few times, Hossa reminds me Of Mikal Renberg when he played with Lindros and Brindmour in Philly way back when, right place right time for him & he benifited.
same with Hossa

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
GarretJoseph*

I will always remember JD talking LAST SEASON about Marcel Hossa and how he thought one day Marcel could become a star in this league if he could put it all together. I remember his saying that he just needs to calm down when on the ice & that he looks VERY uptight during games.

Perhaps hes finally relaxed & lost his shyness.

Who wants to bet that JD wanted Hossa & a pick for Rucinsky ?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Janerixon

I'm glad and excited that hossa is playing this well, but to be honest i never knew he could dominate games like the way he has. he has always had the size and the he has always had the hands, as noticed in shootouts this season, but the fact that he is going to the net and doing the dirty work to get the goals, is what i didnt expect. also playing with jagr and straka is alot different from playing with betts and ward last season

i agree with the renberg assessment, keep him with jagr because he provides size and he is the one player who goes to the net and isnt afraid to do the dirty work around the net that straka and nylander don't have the size or just don't do

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
GarretJoseph*

Anybody have a clip of that Hossa Hossa song!?

I think its so funny.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 01:30 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Early into this season I would find this hard to believe, but at this point I trust Hossa with the puck. I keep thinking about how many opportunities this team had to trade Hossa and how many times in the past the rangers HAVE traded players only to see them come into their own on another team. Looks like Renney was right about this one but I still wish he were the best assistant coach in the league rather than a decent head coach.

I don't think hossa will continue to produce at the rate he's been at lately, but this isn't just about points. Everyone can see that his whole game has come a long way since the start of the season.

If he keeps the scoring up though and the Rangers actually make the playoffs, I think he'll have all the confidence he needs. Who knows, maybe we'd start seeing some Hossa jerseys at the Garden like the Prucha jersey explosion of last season. A breakout player all of a sudden could give the Rangers the spark they need to win big games ahead.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Saw this on one of the Fantasy boards. LOL

Lets hope Marcel can consistantly put up 2/3 the numbers of his Bro!!!

Marcel Hossa Last 10 Games

6 goals 4 assists = 10 pts

Marian Hossa Last 10 games

5 Goals and 10 assists = 15 pts

03-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Anybody have a clip of that Hossa Hossa song!?

I think its so funny.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dW5BBE92pT8 There you go

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote