HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Preds Trade Deadline Thread

Old
02-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Pete Weber just mentioned that there were rumors that Rob Blake would waive his no trade clause to go to Anaheim only........Talk about an insane defense if that one panned out.

02-27-2007, 11:20 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Guerin to the Sharks.

On one hand, it's good because Detroit doesn't get him,

on the other hand, it's bad because in the likely event we don't win the division...guess who we get to play in the first round. Guerin makes a scary team even more dangerous, and speculation is that he'll replace Ryan Clowe on the Thornton\Cheechoo line.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Jarnberg

Man the playoffs are going to be tough. Win the division and conference and look at possibly playing Minnesota (who match up very, very well against us). Finish second in the division and face San Jose, Anaheim or Dallas.

San Jose's forward lineup is sick. I can't see our defense handling a Cheechoo, Thornton, Guerin line.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
ugh. bertuzzi to the wings. let's hope he doesn't regain his old form!

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Freezerburn

Scouting report on Lehtonen? Would he be an acceptable injury fill in/depth defenseman?

Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezerburn View Post
Scouting report on Lehtonen? Would he be an acceptable injury fill in/depth defenseman?
I think you will be surprised. He isn't very noticeable, but he makes few mistakes for a no. 6 defenseman. He also adds decent passing/shooting to the mix. He is well worth the fourth round pick in the playoff run. The Predators dealt him because we do not have room for him, and he will be gone next yearr.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Lehtonen is a good depth guy for a playoff run. I would view him as more of an offensive defenseman as his best quality is his big slap shot, but he showed earlier this season that he could play effectively on the penalty kill in controlled doses. A veteran guy who is in his first season in North America, Lehtonen was a key contributor on his Finnish squad until making the jump across the pond this past summer.

I wish him luck, except of course against the Preds. I think he could really benefit from the tutuledge of Teppo Numminen in Buffalo.

He is able to move freely between the AHL and NHL this season because he is on an entry level contract he is able to avoid waivers.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Not the Preds but: *** are the Panthers thinking? A year ago they've got Luongo, now what?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:19 PM
irisheyes555

Mikko Lehtonen to the Sabres for a 4th

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS02/70227048

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...?story_id=1259

i think we drafted him 9th, so it is a gain. don't think he has been the same since the headaches.

Last edited by irisheyes555: 02-27-2007 at 06:34 PM.
irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

not bad asset management. late round overager, plays a few games for us, then gets passed by sheldon brookbank on the depth chart...and turns into a fourth rounder for us.

Old
02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Felix09

What do you think about detroit's trade on Bertuzzi! I think that if he is used in the proper way he could be effective! But I don't hope! Detroit is now much tougher to play?

Felix09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkariya#1 View Post
What do you think about detroit's trade on Bertuzzi! I think that if he is used in the proper way he could be effective! But I don't hope! Detroit is now much tougher to play?
Maybe, maybe not. Bertuzzi is still a little ways away from being ready to play, apparently...and who knows how long it will take him to get into the groove after missing a year. Now...the playoffs could be another story. Either way, they didn't give up a whole lot, so it's a pretty low risk high reward move.

Old
02-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Freezerburn

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hopefully he turns out to be as good as advertised. Really he was only brought in to be the 8th defenseman, and from the sounds of it, he will do a good job of that.

Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
PeterAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkariya#1 View Post
yeah if he is firing they will be harder to play obviously, though he has been out since oct 18 with a back injury so who knows how he is going to go, 1 goal he scored for the panthers, for luongo, poor Florida. I still like our chances. They picked up Calder and Bertuzzi in the trade period, we added Forsberg and Vishnevski. Both teams are improved so it should be interesting in head to head match ups. Everyone in the West got a fair bit better over the last few weeks so the playoffs will be tough, I am just glad poille made the move on forsberg otherwise i would be very worried.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Lehtonen to Buffalo for a 4th rounder

Best of luck, Mikko.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:59 PM
xEx

Smyth Deal

If Symth doesn't resign with Edmonton, I get the feeling that Hartnell will be in an Oilers jersey next year.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
If Symth doesn't resign with Edmonton, I get the feeling that Hartnell will be in an Oilers jersey next year.
there may be a lot of people vying for that particular chip, though.

Old
02-27-2007, 08:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

one item of relief...

You have to think that if Timonen's injury was serious\season threatening, they would a) know it and b) would have made a move to shore up the defense. The fact that we DEALT defensive depth, not added to it...is a promising sign.

Old
02-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
one item of relief...

You have to think that if Timonen's injury was serious\season threatening, they would a) know it and b) would have made a move to shore up the defense. The fact that we DEALT defensive depth, not added to it...is a promising sign.
Or due to the Forsberg trade, we couldn't offer up a package in a deal to land someone. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I doubt Poile could have pulled off a deal today even if Kimmo's injury was serious.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Blades of Steel 1972

Send a message via Yahoo to Blades of Steel 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
They picked up Calder and Bertuzzi in the trade period, we added Forsberg and Vishnevski. Both teams are improved so it should be interesting in head to head match ups. Everyone in the West got a fair bit better over the last few weeks so the playoffs will be tough, I am just glad poille made the move on forsberg otherwise i would be very worried.
I agree. The playoffs are going to be something else this year...I still say you guys are going to win the central.

Blades of Steel 1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 03:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Or due to the Forsberg trade, we couldn't offer up a package in a deal to land someone. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I doubt Poile could have pulled off a deal today even if Kimmo's injury was serious.
I'm not sure about that, we still have a lot of pieces...our second, klein, laakso...

Old
02-28-2007, 07:02 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
one item of relief...

I agree.

It is interesting to see in this morning's paper that Poile was looking for "a forward at a reasonable price" presumably due to Hartnell's injury, and nothing was mentioned about defensive help....therefore it seems that Kimmo's injury is non-threatening.

"We were very active, making a lot of calls because there was some interest in acquiring depth at forward for a reasonable price,'' Predators general manager David Poile said. "But that combination didn't come about. The prices were pretty high. We're confident Scott (Hartnell) will be able to come back in time for the end of the regular season and the playoffs.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....702280445/1028

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:03 PM
FissionFire

With Zetterberg out 2-3 weeks now, they sure will.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote