HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Push

Old
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
bicycles

vCash: 500
Playoff Push

I think one of the saddest things that has emerged the past couple days is the level of support for the team. In the Phoenix game, most of the seats were empty with 5 minutes still left in the game. There was sarcastic cheers everywhere and the players got booed off the ice. This is wrong. This team, Ryan Smyth or without, is still our team. And in a time and night when they probably needed our help the most I think we let them down. I was so disappointed with the crowd and I hope that, no matter the results, we cheer this team hard for the rest of the season and hope for an Oilers miracle. No one thought last year we'd make it to the cup finals, who says we can't still make the playoffs? I believe.

bicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
dsi

The playoffs are totally out of reach, you cannnot catch Calgary and Minny at this point. It was a piss-poor effort and yes the players are being paid millions of dollars to perform.. But I do think in that game that the fans should have assured the players that we are still 100% behind them and want them to do well. You can tell it was a demoralized team without #94. I mean, do something like the "Let's go Oiiiilers" chant like they did after the loss in Game 4 of the SCF ... or something.

dsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrowis2014 View Post
I think one of the saddest things that has emerged the past couple days is the level of support for the team. In the Phoenix game, most of the seats were empty with 5 minutes still left in the game. There was sarcastic cheers everywhere and the players got booed off the ice. This is wrong. This team, Ryan Smyth or without, is still our team. And in a time and night when they probably needed our help the most I think we let them down. I was so disappointed with the crowd and I hope that, no matter the results, we cheer this team hard for the rest of the season and hope for an Oilers miracle. No one thought last year we'd make it to the cup finals, who says we can't still make the playoffs? I believe.

The team has thrown in the towel emotionally. There is no way we make the playoffs and that is fine. I will be at the Minnesota game tomorrow night cheering on my team.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Petro Points

fans have a choice to do whatever they want with their time. I wouldve left right after the messier ceremony... I stopped watching the game after the first period.. Fans have full right to do whatever they want.. I hope we tank and fall below STL and COL in standings and hopefully ice a decent team.. but for this year i wont be staying up til 2 after every loss anymore..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote