HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dupuis and a 3rd to Atlanta for Alex Bourret

Old
02-28-2007, 10:14 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Seems like a video game trade.

Trading a third line player for Bourret and a third?

I can understand if this guy was amongst the best shut down players in the game, but seriously.
I had the same thought. Very late to this party, as work has kept me busy, but I actually had to do a double-take when I saw news of the trade. I rember hoping that Bourret would be around when the Rangers were drafting, right up until they moved up to get Staal.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And a 30 goal scorer in Hartford by the name of Ryan Callahan.
Was Callahan our own pick or one that came from the purge? It's so hard to keep these picks straight.

The point remains we didn't do too badly in that purge. Still would have liked more from the Leetch deal (imagine trading Leetch, at his age, in this current trade market...), but all and all I think we did alright there.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Was Callahan our own pick or one that came from the purge? It's so hard to keep these picks straight.

The point remains we didn't do too badly in that purge. Still would have liked more from the Leetch deal (imagine trading Leetch, at his age, in this current trade market...), but all and all I think we did alright there.
Callahan was a 4th (I think) and we didn't get any 4ths at the purge (I think)

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I think we ended up like one player minus from dooing good. We should have been able to get atleast one top two unit player. Balej and Immonen and co. were a bit overrated, Kondratiev are looking better and better, but we rushed him some. Washington moved one player and got that Shaoen Morrisson (sp) D.

I still think what we did was extremely important. Our depth in HFD is a big advantage. Bourret gooing there now is a good example of how the depth of kids there can pay off. Down there its so obvious that he must be atleast as good as guys like Callahan, Korpikoski, Immonen, Dawes and Dubinsky to even get a chance. If one of thoose guys work extremely hard, its obvious for the rest what it will take. Its a bit diffrent in Chicago were he played with a bunch of flawed vets like Krog, Martins, Larose and Haydar.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Washington moved a lot of players that season: Gonchar, Lang, Jagr, Nylander, Bondra, Konowalchuk, Grier, and Carter

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Renney also called Bourret, 20, a “Mark Recchi-type” forward he believes can make the team next year. Bourret was Atlanta’s No. 1 pick in 2005.

Asked if he thought the moves were directed toward this season or next, Renney said, “I think we’ve tried to do both.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/28/sp...ey&oref=slogin

Wow if Bourret makes the team next year that will be awesome. But lets home Renney gives him a fair chance.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Edge

I don't think at this point clearing everyone out for whatever we can get was the way to approach. Some of these guys you're going to want to keep and actually build around.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Levitate

I'd be surprised is Bourret makes the team next year, but you never know. I guess it's kind of up to him and if he comes to camp in shape and ready to play.

The question is whether or not Renney is ready to give all of the Rangers prospects that same opportunity

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:54 PM
J-Dawg

So is it clear, we gave up the 3rd?

And the funny thing is now Adam Hall AND Dominic Moore are both on the Minnesota Wild...and cause Hall got there first he got his #18 while Moore had to switch to #22

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post

And the funny thing is now Adam Hall AND Dominic Moore are both on the Minnesota Wild...and cause Hall got there first he got his #18 while Moore had to switch to #22
haha that is funny how that worked out.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post

Yeah that irony wasn't lost on me either when Moore went to Minnesota.

Unfortunatly Moore got off to a fast start and then, like expected, really began to tail off.

He works hard and his wheels are always moving, I just don't know where that really gets him when all is said and done.

Old
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
He works hard and his wheels are always moving, I just don't know where that really gets him when all is said and done.
Probably on about 10 different NHL teams when all is said and done.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:53 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
The only other person movable would've been Nylander and I think that they want to keep him and re-sign him before he ever touches the market.

I mean, who else? Malik? Would anyone even take him?
I think one of the defenseman could have found a buyer and definitely Nylander, too. If those two were the only other commodities traded, that would have been fine. The market being what it was, the Blueshirts probably could have made out quite well.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Fletch

Edge...

I haven't watched the Pens a lot lately, but I think his role in the last month changed. I believe his ice time had significantly decreased of late, but I can't say for sure why. I think Christenson's come on a bit lately after being recalled from Wilkes-Barre recently. Still think Moore's best-suited to be a winger, getting about 9-10 ES minutes per game and 2-3 PK minutes per game. So often I saw that kid going against top lines in the league, and while each time he seemed to perform that role well, it wears on the body of smaller guys.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
I think one of the defenseman could have found a buyer and definitely Nylander, too. If those two were the only other commodities traded, that would have been fine. The market being what it was, the Blueshirts probably could have made out quite well.
Nylander probably could've had a return but I think they would prefer to actually keep him around for next season and have him as a player they add too.

You trade him and I think run the risk of burning a bridge.

As for defenseman, I think probably tried but might not have liked the potential offers for Malik or Rachunek. If an offer they felt was worth it (aka on the level of Ward) I think they most likely would've made it.

Old
03-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I haven't watched the Pens a lot lately, but I think his role in the last month changed. I believe his ice time had significantly decreased of late, but I can't say for sure why. I think Christenson's come on a bit lately after being recalled from Wilkes-Barre recently. Still think Moore's best-suited to be a winger, getting about 9-10 ES minutes per game and 2-3 PK minutes per game. So often I saw that kid going against top lines in the league, and while each time he seemed to perform that role well, it wears on the body of smaller guys.
The thing with Moore is spurts. He finishes the year in the 10 goal range but that production comes in about 3 stretches. Outside of that he just kind runs around like a pinball.

That's one reason why long-term, I'm not sure how long he stays in the NHL because he's always going to be challanged by younger, cheaper, potentially better players and I think he is generously listed at 6'0, 195 so I don't know how effective he can be long-term.

You love and root for those little energy guys, but it always seems like at some point they just burn out.

Old
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
SML

Quote:
Dom Moore will always have a place in the NHL. I think he's destined for a Sillinger-esque career. Good wheels, Good on faceoffs and Good in your own zone will always land you on a roster somewhere. He'll frequently get beat out by younger guys, but he's a solid cheap option that's never going to hurt you and that can go a long way. That's being said, he's quite the rolling stone.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Ola

Quote:
Could be, but I kind of got a feeling that Moore got some upside in him.

He is great at tying together the defenders with the forwards, gets back really fast, can turnup with the puck and set up things. He doesn't need to play with puckmoving D's, or forwards that can transport the puck.

Moore could find a role for him on a team with allot of size upfront and on the blueline.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
dedalus

Quote:
As for defenseman, I think probably tried but might not have liked the potential offers for Malik or Rachunek. If an offer they felt was worth it (aka on the level of Ward) I think they most likely would've made it.
I certainly hope so. It would be hideous to think they felt the defense too good to field offers over.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Dom Moore will always have a place in the NHL. I think he's destined for a Sillinger-esque career. Good wheels, Good on faceoffs and Good in your own zone will always land you on a roster somewhere. He'll frequently get beat out by younger guys, but he's a solid cheap option that's never going to hurt you and that can go a long way. That's being said, he's quite the rolling stone.
I agree with what your saying, but Dominic Moore was not good on face-offs for the Rangers last year.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote