HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ward traded to Boston for PAUL MARA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
  #151
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
According to Sam it looks like Mara will be paired with Rachunek tomorrow www.rangers.lohudblogs.com

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:04 AM
  #152
dkich96
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
i like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAjM...elated&search=

I hope his attitude will be contagious to all of our players... we have been missing this type of heart on our team all year long and ironically enough the only time in my opionion this type of passion was displayed was A Ward vs. Philly.

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:07 AM
  #153
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAjM...elated&search=

I hope his attitude will be contagious to all of our players... we have been missing this type of heart on our team all year long and ironically enough the only time in my opionion this type of passion was displayed was A Ward vs. Philly.
Awesome... a 6'4" 215lb. guy just barely kept from getting his ass handed to him by a 5'10" 185 lb. guy. Tucker's mean, but I really hope Mara can do a little better than that.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM
  #154
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I am very excited for Mara. He can score and he can fight...as the Anaheim Ducks have proved, fighting is a very valuable asset.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:10 AM
  #155
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Awesome... a 6'4" 215lb. guy just barely kept from getting his ass handed to him by a 5'10" 185 lb. guy. Tucker's mean, but I really hope Mara can do a little better than that.
Oh come on he did fine. The point isn't even if he wins or not. Hell, Matthew Barnaby didn't win one fight here, but he still stuck up for his teammates.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:15 AM
  #156
dkich96
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Oh come on he did fine. The point isn't even if he wins or not. Hell, Matthew Barnaby didn't win one fight here, but he still stuck up for his teammates.
that is my point, we don't stick up for out teammates what so ever this year... it is absolutly annoying to watch, thus like I said before I hope Mara will rub off on the chicken ***** that play for us right now...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
  #157
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
that is my point, we don't stick up for out teammates what so ever this year... it is absolutly annoying to watch, thus like I said before I hope Mara will rub off on the chicken ***** that play for us right now...
after he got hit watch what happens..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmjvv...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee2g3...elated&search=


Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-01-2007 at 08:42 AM.
BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 01:31 AM
  #158
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
that is my point, we don't stick up for out teammates what so ever this year... it is absolutly annoying to watch, thus like I said before I hope Mara will rub off on the chicken ***** that play for us right now...
No no, I was agreeing with you.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 06:21 AM
  #159
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Action speaks louder than words. Let's see what he does in NY.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:34 AM
  #160
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Not yet mentioned (I don't think) about Mara is that he's a left handed shot, and if he is indeed playing with Rachunek, that means we'll have a standard defensive pair. Instead of two righty's like we had before, which lead to mistakes.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:13 AM
  #161
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Action speaks louder than words. Let's see what he does in NY.
What are the words? All that were posted were actions. He's not an enforcer, but I can't see the guy stop playing like that. He seems to have a short switch, and I don't mind that one bit.

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ WEB
DRAFTBUZZ TWITTER
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:15 AM
  #162
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Good. I like players who will play with some emotion. Good for the Garden.

Add his go-to-it attitude with Shanahan, Avery, Hollweg and Orr and the team becomes tougher.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:17 AM
  #163
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Good. I like players who will play with some emotion. Good for the Garden.

Add his go-to-it attitude with Shanahan, Avery, Hollweg and Orr and the team becomes tougher.
I think we have to see how consistently nasty he is. Otherwise, we stay the same toughness wise as Ward showed some emotional edge from time to time.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
  #164
hockeyfan99
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Anybody know Mara statu: how long his contract or he UFA/RFA thgis year and how it influece young D in our system like Stall, Baranka......

hockeyfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
  #165
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99 View Post
Anybody know Mara statu: how long his contract or he UFA/RFA thgis year and how it influece young D in our system like Stall, Baranka......
He has one more year left on his contract at 3M.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM
  #166
hockeyfan99
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
So after next year we have a lot of slot open for young guyes: Only two guyes who probably will be on team in two years from this year: Tyutin and Girardi. Not sure what happen to Rachunek and Pock at the end of this year. I think after next season guyes like Malik and probably Rozsival is gone. So if managment wouldn't go crazy and sight a lot of old D we have slot open for young D

hockeyfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
  #167
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99 View Post
So after next year we have a lot of slot open for young guyes: Only two guyes who probably will be on team in two years from this year: Tyutin and Girardi. Not sure what happen to Rachunek and Pock at the end of this year. I think after next season guyes like Malik and probably Rozsival is gone. So if managment wouldn't go crazy and sight a lot of old D we have slot open for young D
I would doubt that Rachunek is back. Ditto that for Pock.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.