HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down

Old
04-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Smokey Thompson

vCash: 500
Therrien didn't appreciate his zone entries vs Chicago it seems.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Therrien didn't appreciate his zone entries vs Chicago it seems.
The best part is becuase he has this mentality that it was because of him Crosby and Malkin became such great players that he knows how to deal with youth. Yes, because Crosby and Malkin were destined to be 3rd or 4th liners until Therrien went to Pittsburgh.

Literally every move he's done when it comes to the young players on this team is mind boggling.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
The best part is becuase he has this mentality that it was because of him Crosby and Malkin became such great players that he knows how to deal with youth. Yes, because Crosby and Malkin were destined to be 3rd or 4th liners until Therrien went to Pittsburgh.

Literally every move he's done when it comes to the young players on this team is mind boggling.
He continues to be praised for the "great" job he's done this year though...

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:57 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyPotato View Post
At this point and playing vs a fast forechecking tampa team in the playoffs, I'd play Beaulieu over Tinordi with Weaver. He really adds something to this team, it is so god damn noticeable!!! I'm usually on the cautious side and I usually give the benefit of the doubt to the hockey men... but this decision I just can't understand at all!!!! I mean what are we all missing??? Wasn't Beaulieu excellent yesterday?? WTF??
Well, MT seems to want Tinordi over Beaulieu (fair enough if he feels it fits the style more) and therefore Beaulieu would be in the press box. Instead of that however, Hamilton has 3 more games so Beaulieu is going to get some playing time instead of being wasted in the press box.

PsychoticHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:58 PM
SAKS AVENUE

He's had an attitude problem in the past.....How do you know something concerning didn't happen again?
That is the last thing we need right now......a little ***** in the dressing room with the play-offs starting next week. These boards are too much..... He probably reads them and thinks he's GOD. Guess what? what goes on in these boards and the real world are two different things by 100 000 miles.

I have the managements back on this..........

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
All good. They probably told him they liked what they saw and he will be back anyway because hamilton won't make the playoffs and they want him to play a couple more games at 20+ minutes before the playoffs.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
He's had an attitude problem in the past.....How do you know something concerning didn't happen again?
That is the last thing we need right now......a little ***** in the dressing room with the play-offs starting next week. These boards are too much..... He probably reads them and thinks he's GOD. Guess what? what goes on in these boards and the real world are two different things by 100 000 miles.

That would be the only rational explanation.

Even then though... man, playoffs are coming up. It would have to be very, very bad. I personally think that MT just doesn't know what he's doing.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He continues to be praised for the "great" job he's done this year though...
He loses the match up game, at home with last change. And he only uses his time outs after icings and doesn't even both to say a word. He's basically a deaf mute once the game starts until intermission where he goes in a boots some garbage bins around and goes for a smoke.

Therrien is essentially an empty pay cheque.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:05 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:

Who said he has attitude problem? Was it management? Was it the media? Was it the guy down the street?

I'm pretty sure there have been like 3 NHL players to ever read this site since its existence.

Habs management... 20 of moving anyone that talks back only to have to sign a free agent to fill the void.

I'd rather have a kid that has attitude problems concerning his treatment over someone that just falls over and a mindless robot.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:05 AM
ak90210

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Weaver

(Murray, Bouillon)

Now, where exactly do you guys see Beaulieu in this lineup?
He's easily better than either third pairing guy.

ak90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:07 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That would be the only rational explanation.

Even then though... man, playoffs are coming up. It would have to be very, very bad. I personally think that MT just doesn't know what he's doing.
MT knows what's going on, It's either what I said. There is a big issue and he was sent down, or, like previous poster said, get the last Hamilton games in and we might see you again. Detroit style, slow and easy.

We have bigger concerns, waking up P.K. Why is he sleeping on the ice. It's a personal issue, this is not on MT, this is on P.K, he needs to wake up soon.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:13 AM
PsychoticHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak90210 View Post
He's easily better than either third pairing guy.
Maybe so in your opinion but it seems to come down between him and Tinordi and MT seems to like Tinordi better.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Aceekay

Why in the world is Tinordi on this team but not Beaulieu?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:15 AM
PsychoticHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Why in the world is Tinordi on this team but not Beaulieu?
It's one or the other and MT seems to like Tinordi more than he likes Beaulieu. Personally I could go with either one but as I'm just a fan (as everyone else here) our opinions do not seem to matter much.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
MT knows what's going on, It's either what I said. There is a big issue and he was sent down, or, like previous poster said, get the last Hamilton games in and we might see you again. Detroit style, slow and easy.
I see little evidence of this.
Quote:
We have bigger concerns, waking up P.K. Why is he sleeping on the ice. It's a personal issue, this is not on MT, this is on P.K, he needs to wake up soon.
Get rid of the coach and you'll see an improvement from PK.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
It's one or the other and MT seems to like Tinordi more than he likes Beaulieu. Personally I could go with either one but as I'm just a fan (as everyone else here) our opinions do not seem to matter much.
It's not even opinion at this point. Nathan Beaulieu is clearly the better defenseman, which is why I wonder where the logic is? I mean Douglas Murray pretty much cost us the game today, Tinordi has not played well since coming up and Bouillion is constantly out of position. Beaulieu is playing exactly the way you want a rookie to play, but for some reason that's not good enough?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:31 AM
SAKS AVENUE

O.k

Let's get rid of the coach then. It won't be long before your saying let's get rid of the coach again.

We are 3rd in our conference behind Boston and Pittsburgh, if we were in ist with Julien as our coach you would still be crying.

We are doing well..... Enjoy the play-offs, it;s a tight league and we'll be competitive. I magine how boring it would be if we just won everything no matter what.

I'm glad your not in charge, we'd win all the time and we'd have nothing to talk about.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
O.k

Let's get rid of the coach then. It won't be long before your saying let's get rid of the coach again.

We are 3rd in our conference behind Boston and Pittsburgh, if we were in ist with Julien as our coach you would still be crying.

We are doing well..... Enjoy the play-offs, it;s a tight league and we'll be competitive. I magine how boring it would be if we just won everything no matter what.

I'm glad your not in charge, we'd win all the time and we'd have nothing to talk about.
Depends on who the coach is. We've got a lousy record of hiring coaches. Sorry dude, but we haven't hired a great coach in a long time.

He's playing Bouillion and Murray for ****'s sake with Cube on the PP and has recently been pairing these guys with Subban. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Old
04-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Beendair Donedat

Its funny how all of you guys seem to know better than Marc Bergevin.

Most of you whined and cried when he picked up Dale Weise. He's been a solid addition to the bottom six.

Than you whined and cried when he picked up Weaver. Again another solid addition on the blue line.

Than he stole Thomas Vanek for nothing from the Islanders, and suddenly he knew what he was doing again.

He sent the kid down so he can play a few games. He's not what the Habs want in their lineup right now, and as mentioned previously, he can be re-called.

Bergevin knows what he is doing, he has provided this team with depth. I questioned him a number of times already this season, and he's made me look bad.

Team is in good hands, the Habs are the only Canadian team in the playoffs, and he's starting to re-stock the shelves with some nice picks.

I'm sure there is more going on behind the scene than anyone here knows about.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Bullsmith

Patience folks. He's like 3 hours away at any time. If the team needs what he brings he'll be called up.

I don't have any problem with Tinordi or Beaulieu riding the yo-yo this year and next. Didn't hurt Patches none. By this time next year they should be established, if juniot, NHLers, but that's a year away. For now I'm actually very happy with their development. Would worry more about relationship with Subban or upside for Chucky.

On the positive side, MT burned his bridges in Pitts, but the players who came up under him turned out pretty well. He has a deserved rep for being hard on rookies and holding top level players to a different standard from the rest of the pack, especially by being harder on them.

I think PK can take it, and can benefit from it. I think both Crosby and Malkin did.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:58 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
Habs & Cowboys fan

Therrien is quietly ruining every promising prospects we have. Extend him, he's a keeper.

HabsCowboysOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:51 AM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
All good. They probably told him they liked what they saw and he will be back anyway because hamilton won't make the playoffs and they want him to play a couple more games at 20+ minutes before the playoffs.
shhhh there's an anti therrien cirlce jerk going on in here.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Johnny Budwick

Therrien's decision making smh

He's truly a retread coach. Beaulieu inexperienced? Well he's still faster, better with the puck and with far more upside than vet garbage like Murray/Bouillon.

Ah well, can't teach a old dog new tricks.

Johnny Budwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:35 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I think PK can take it, and can benefit from it. I think both Crosby and Malkin did.
No offense, those are terrible examples. Those kind of players were pre-packaged platinum plates of hockey genius. They came out of the box shinier than the sun on a great day. Therrien had nothing to do with what they became.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:46 AM
TCIH

The way he's played earlier this season and in his recent call-up, he should be a bottom pairing defenseman at a bare minimum right now. I don't really see how saying he'll be getting 20+ minutes in Hamilton makes sense when he deserves that time with the Canadiens over some of the guys that are playing right now.

This is a puzzling decision, but in the end I guess I'll just have to assume I'm missing a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote