HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down

Old
04-11-2014, 06:18 AM
RIPFORUMRDS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Its funny how all of you guys seem to know better than Marc Bergevin.

Most of you whined and cried when he picked up Dale Weise. He's been a solid addition to the bottom six.

Than you whined and cried when he picked up Weaver. Again another solid addition on the blue line.

Than he stole Thomas Vanek for nothing from the Islanders, and suddenly he knew what he was doing again.

He sent the kid down so he can play a few games. He's not what the Habs want in their lineup right now, and as mentioned previously, he can be re-called.

Bergevin knows what he is doing, he has provided this team with depth. I questioned him a number of times already this season, and he's made me look bad.

Team is in good hands, the Habs are the only Canadian team in the playoffs, and he's starting to re-stock the shelves with some nice picks.

I'm sure there is more going on behind the scene than anyone here knows about.

How dare you ? Im sure some of them reported you for trolling. Gotta love what 2 defeat in a row does to some fan.

Why do some of the fan think they know better than those of have premium info on the situation? Why is it so hard to just enjoy our almost 100 pts that is coached by a moron? Centered with a smurf that make pyretta blaze puke when he score the GWG ?

Guys, if you wanna act this way, cheers for the leafs, you'll fit them perfectly.

Last edited by RIPFORUMRDS: 04-11-2014 at 06:19 AM. Reason: i am so smrt, thats why.
RIPFORUMRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't have a problem with the way Beaulieu has played, but sending him down comes down to one thing...will he be in the lineup game 1 of the playoffs? With Gorges back it's a definite no, so let him play 20 minutes a night in Hamilton.

The team went 10-2-1 the 13 games before he was sent down and he played in ONE of those, an OT loss. However the "experts" on here would have you think he is an indispensable piece to the defense...say what?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:53 AM
otto bond

I like his game and sure has nice potential. Getting sent down is a roster thing and he should be training with the club sooner then later.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Saintpatrick

Gotta get the cube his ice time. A great young puck moving d-man? Nope gotta give the cube some ice time. No wonder Nathan is pissed when he goes back to Hamilton.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
MT knows what's going on, It's either what I said. There is a big issue and he was sent down, or, like previous poster said, get the last Hamilton games in and we might see you again. Detroit style, slow and easy.

We have bigger concerns, waking up P.K. Why is he sleeping on the ice. It's a personal issue, this is not on MT, this is on P.K, he needs to wake up soon.
I beg to differ. He makes one mistake and he's benched of course he's playing a boring game. PK is a shell of his former exciting flamboyant self that's on MT.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:05 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
Gotta get the cube his ice time. A great young puck moving d-man? Nope gotta give the cube some ice time. No wonder Nathan is pissed when he goes back to Hamilton.
To be fair cube probably wont even play.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi/Murray-Weaver

Will be the pairings.

But it still sucks that NB got sent down after playing well

Be yours to hold it high. Let's go
StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I beg to differ. He makes one mistake and he's benched of course he's playing a boring game. PK is a shell of his former exciting flamboyant self that's on MT.
Subban has been benched twice all year, you're telling me he only made TWO mistakes all year?

Old
04-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
To be fair cube probably wont even play.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi/Murray-Weaver

Will be the pairings.

But it still sucks that NB got sent down after playing well
I hope he doesn't even sniff the ice in the playoffs.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:13 AM
ClasslessGuy

people thought he was going to play in playoff games?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Subban has been benched twice all year, you're telling me he only made TWO mistakes all year?
He's been benched at various times during the season. I'm not talking about getting scratched here but the idiot behind the bench reduced his ice time in several games. There were games where he didn't play at all in OT some where he hardly played in the 3rd etc. No wonder the kid is apprehensive on the ice.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
people thought he was going to play in playoff games?
You honestly never know when it comes to MT. It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Too bad for the kid. He played well even before the Olympics.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:18 AM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
You honestly never know when it comes to MT. It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.
Good point,

Can't wait for the first playoff game when MT will put Bouillon on the 1rst pair

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Good point,

Can't wait for the first playoff game when MT will put Bouillon on the 1rst pair
I'd lose it

Old
04-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
MT is just building Beaulieu's character. Nothing to be alarmed about!

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPFORUMRDS View Post
How dare you ? Im sure some of them reported you for trolling. Gotta love what 2 defeat in a row does to some fan.

Why do some of the fan think they know better than those of have premium info on the situation? Why is it so hard to just enjoy our almost 100 pts that is coached by a moron? Centered with a smurf that make pyretta blaze puke when he score the GWG ?

Guys, if you wanna act this way, cheers for the leafs, you'll fit them perfectly.
Isn't being a cheerleader no matter what the team does on the ice and in management the definition of being a Leafs fan? Was literally a couple months ago when their fans were praising their team being good just because they had a good record despite looking awful on the ice/getting outplay/doubled in shots/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Benched twice? He's played under 20 min three times this month alone. I guess this kind of explains some people's defense of MT. They haven't really followed anything.

The best part of course, whatever MT is doing with Subban is clearly making him worse. -18 in last 36 games after going +35 in the previous 167 games. I wonder how much worse MT can get Subban to play, kind of like the limbo dance except for development, "how low can you go". For all the praises for development, Subban, Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher all have regressed in different ways.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:41 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Therrien just hates skill. Even if it means getting bounced in the first round again

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:45 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Isn't being a cheerleader no matter what the team does on the ice and in management the definition of being a Leafs fan? Was literally a couple months ago when their fans were praising their team being good just because they had a good record despite looking awful on the ice/getting outplay/doubled in shots/etc.
Pretty much this. We are really no different than them. Our record is good, so we are good. Even though we get outshot, outplayed, outmuscled on a nightly basis. Luckily we have a more complete team and better goaltending but the massive holes are there. But, we're winning so... we're great!

Just as delusional as Leafs fans IMO.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:46 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Pretty much this. We are really no different than them. Our record is good, so we are good. Even though we get outshot, outplayed, outmuscled on a nightly basis. Luckily we have a more complete team and better goaltending but the massive holes are there. But, we're winning so... we're great!

Just as delusional as Leafs fans IMO.
Yup. There are fundamental problems with the team

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He's been benched at various times during the season. I'm not talking about getting scratched here but the idiot behind the bench reduced his ice time in several games. There were games where he didn't play at all in OT some where he hardly played in the 3rd etc. No wonder the kid is apprehensive on the ice.
TWICE.

Only in Montreal do people obsess about the ice time of a guy playing 24:37 per game.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Therrien just hates skill. Even if it means getting bounced in the first round again
You probably think Therrien wanted to finish last overall but the team finished 3rd just to piss him off....and White Parros and Weise must lead the team in PP ice time, right?

For a guy who hates skill his top 2 skilled d-men are #1 and 2 in ice time on the team.

Every time you use your keyboard in relation to Therrien you make an idiot of yourself, you should just abstain from posting when he is in the discussion.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:52 AM
RIPFORUMRDS

I know the habs dont have a perfect team. I know they could be better. I also know beaulieu showed some potential. Odds are we wont win the cup and i think they can win one round. I'll be shocked if they go deep this year.

MT is a decent coach, hes not the best and he is not the worst either. Me too i'd prefer to see beaulieu in but we are fans and we should accept ( nothing wrong with questionning ) the decision the coaching staff take.

Its just that sometime while reading this board im wondering if some are really fan or are just here to bash just for the fun of it.

RIPFORUMRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPFORUMRDS View Post
I know the habs dont have a perfect team. I know they could be better. I also know beaulieu showed some potential. Odds are we wont win the cup and i think they can win one round. I'll be shocked if they go deep this year.

MT is a decent coach, hes not the best and he is not the worst either. Me too i'd prefer to see beaulieu in but we are fans and we should accept ( nothing wrong with questionning ) the decision the coaching staff take.

Its just that sometime while reading this board im wondering if some are really fan or are just here to bash just for the fun of it.
People are so obsessed with Murray's mobility(or lack thereof) that they miss the stuff he does to help the team win. I'm sure he is a guy the TB forwards don't enjoy facing, especially at playoff time where refs let a bit more go. Plus he was a key PK contributor and shot blocker, those things win playoff games.

Murray has to play, and Weaver deserves to be there ahead of Beaulieu. If Beaulieu was an option it would be with Murray.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCIH View Post
The way he's played earlier this season and in his recent call-up, he should be a bottom pairing defenseman at a bare minimum right now. I don't really see how saying he'll be getting 20+ minutes in Hamilton makes sense when he deserves that time with the Canadiens over some of the guys that are playing right now.

This is a puzzling decision, but in the end I guess I'll just have to assume I'm missing a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff.
Exactly what I was thinking. Beaulieu looks great on the ice, but none of us have a clue what's going on off the ice. Not a team player? Bad attitude? Maybe. If that's the case, I have no problem with management giving him an education on maturity and patience. But if they take the lazy approach of dumping him, I'll be very disappointed.

Also, what's the final word on bringing him back for the playoffs? Can we call him up again? I'm reading different opinions.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 09:02 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Habs handling of Beaulieu this season as been puzzling to say the least.
Just Beaulieu? What about the handling of Gally, Eller and Subban?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote