HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team 1260 News

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2004, 12:59 AM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
I like John Short, although when he was the main game in town many years ago I was starting to get a little sick of him, but my bigger problem with his show is that...well, I guess I'm just not a "sports" fan, so I'm not at all interested in prairie junior high school football, or NBA/college hoops, horse racing with Jonathon Huntington (!!), boxing, and so many other things he talks about.

I think it's great there's a local forum for such things, but I just ain't interested. Oilers first, NHL second, CFL football a close third, MLB a distant fourth...and that's about it. There's just too much other 'stuff' he talks about on his show for me to listen to much of it. But that's what's nice about having a choice to flip the radio dial (OK, push a button) and switch to a different station...

I think he's a great fit for TEAM1260, though, and is really turning up the heat on CHED. (thank goodness)

Now if they can just get the Internet feed thing going... even just for the local stuff!

Bart
I remember those days. Between doing homework and sleeping, it was all about the Oilers. Its Feb. of 1993, some cold, unforgiving tuesday night, Oilers just managed to actually beat another team, Im all excited to listen to the callers after the post-game show....... and Mr. John Short takes over with "....Wow, what an honor, he have on the line with us folks, a man who needs no introduction. Hes coached high-school wrestling in Leduc for the past 31 years....Hes here to talk about the junior wrestling tournament coming to St.Albert in 2 weeks... Mr. Stewart "Stinky" Arboit."

Old
02-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
I am not certain why they didn't go out and get a good hockey guy for that spot. How's your radio voice Guy?

You tell me.

I'm on every second Thursday (usually Thursdays) with Stauffer and Spector. I was on this past Friday as a matter of fact... I got bumped from Thursday because of the MacT half hour (and rightly so!).

I'd love to try it one day as a guest host or something. It's a lot of fun. I've been doing colour commentary this year from time to time for anysportanytime.com (AJHL & ACAC coverage)... I'll be doing a game on Saturday night at 7PM (NAIT). It's an internet feed so anyone could check it out.

Old
02-07-2004, 09:02 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
You tell me.

I'm on every second Thursday (usually Thursdays) with Stauffer and Spector. I was on this past Friday as a matter of fact... I got bumped from Thursday because of the MacT half hour (and rightly so!).

I'd love to try it one day as a guest host or something. It's a lot of fun. I've been doing colour commentary this year from time to time for anysportanytime.com (AJHL & ACAC coverage)... I'll be doing a game on Saturday night at 7PM (NAIT). It's an internet feed so anyone could check it out.
Alright, I will be checking it out. I have actually just started listening to Stauffer and Spector because of some of the things I have read about them here and am enjoying it. This surprises me because I really dislike Spector's writing but he seems to have less edge to his comments on the radio. I will definitely check you out. I much prefer radio work to tv. I've got the face for it.

Old
02-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Hey Guys,

Ya it is official. Jason and John will be joining the Team 1260 starting on February 16th. John will run 9-11 while Jason will be along from 11-1. I think both of them will definetly improve the Team 1260. Jason's show will go 7 days a week so now we won't have to listen to College Football on the weekends.

Also I'm like 99% sure that Jason's and John's show will both be on anysportanytime.com just like they were when they were at 930 CJCA, so that is good news for all you Oilers fans outside of Northern Alberta.

All in all the Team just got a lot better and much more entertaining. I'm going to try and help around there as much as I can, I know that the Team needs a much better website and streaming online 24-7 would be great.

And any of you Edmontonians out there, make sure you get to one or two ACAC playoff games. This college hockey is very very under-rated, not the players, but the style and flow of the game.

Dustin Nielson
anysportanytime.com

Old
02-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
And any of you Edmontonians out there, make sure you get to one or two ACAC playoff games. This college hockey is very very under-rated, not the players, but the style and flow of the game.

Dustin Nielson
anysportanytime.com
Agreed. I was doing the colour commentary on saturday night at the NAIT Ooks / Augustana Vikings game at it was a very good game. rough, fast paced and I believe it's also underrated. (check out anysportanytime.com for the archive covergae of the game and tell me I don't suck as the colour guy, please!)

Old
02-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Agreed. I was doing the colour commentary on saturday night at the NAIT Ooks / Augustana Vikings game at it was a very good game. rough, fast paced and I believe it's also underrated. (check out anysportanytime.com for the archive covergae of the game and tell me I don't suck as the colour guy, please!)
You do suck GUY, haha just kidding man !! Good work last night, mine and Derek's game was also a good one Concordia just got past Red Deer 5-4.

Unbiased Canadian

Closed Thread