HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other moves?

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 09:23 AM
ducky

vCash: 500
Other moves?

IF the trade goes as is rumoured - Burke and Branko for Comrie and Seidenberg me thinks another trade or two must be in the works.

With Comrie and Langkow there is no need / room for Hrdina. Jagr and Hrdina are friends. Lindros is injured. Lots of rumours about Phoenix and the rangers in trade talks...

Another thought is with the connection with Edmonton...could a deal be in the works to reunite Ryan Smyth - rumoured to be on the move out of Edmonton - with Comrie?

Old
02-08-2004, 09:29 AM
PhoPhan

I think by bringing in a center and a defenseman, we no longer have room for Gratton/Sillinger and Ference. Hrdina is less expendable than Gratton, in my opinion.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Seidenberg is gone for the year.

Thats another annoying thing about Comrie. I wanted to obtain youth for the future and improve our first round pick this year.

Hope we keep Hrdina.. he's just the right kind of player we need.

I would LOVE to get Ryan Smyth.. too expensive I fear. But a Smyth-Langkow-Doan line would be awesome.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:49 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex

I would LOVE to get Ryan Smyth.. too expensive I fear. But a Smyth-Langkow-Doan line would be awesome.
Not enough room in the crease for Doan and Smyth

Old
02-08-2004, 10:36 AM
hbk

Quote:

Thats another annoying thing about Comrie. I wanted to obtain youth for the future and improve our first round pick this year.

Hope we keep Hrdina.. he's just the right kind of player we need.

Comrie is small but he's not Daniel Briere scared of my shadow type small. He's a sparkplug. He's extremely fun to watch. I'm actually quite excited if he makes his way to Phoenix. We still have an issue with size so I'm more partial to trading Hrdina and keeping Gratton but I may be alone on that.

Need to clear room for Taffe.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:39 AM
PhoPhan

Comrie isn't as bad as Briere defensively, and he is much better playmaker. Briere was a finisher and little more. Comrie's vision is amazing.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:49 AM
hbk

anyone have any opinions on Seidenberg?

I've heard about his shot and the comparisons to Kevin Haller. Once had ten shots in a game. I've only seen him a couple of times but wasn't really paying attention because I thought he was "untouchable".

Old
02-08-2004, 10:58 AM
PhoPhan

I've liked Seidenberg. I'm not sure about his defensive abilities, but he can quarterback the power play. He makes a pretty good first pass. He has an awesome shot from the point that can find it's way to the net.

Old
02-08-2004, 11:00 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I've liked Seidenberg. I'm not sure about his defensive abilities, but he can quarterback the power play. He makes a pretty good first pass. He has an awesome shot from the point that can find it's way to the net.

Is the shot Freddie Olausson "watch your head" awesome?

Old
02-08-2004, 11:10 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Is the shot Freddie Olausson "watch your head" awesome?
He seems to have it under control, from what I've seen.

Old
02-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Gwyddbwyll

I have always really liked Seidenberg's game since I saw him. I think he scored a nice one from near the blue line against us last year. Im not too sure about his defensive game - it cant be too good if he was demoted to the AHL. I do think he is a perfect addition as we need another offensive d-man. Im worried we get Vandermeer instead.

Old
02-08-2004, 12:37 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Seidenberg is a really good dman. He is from Germany. I think he is sidelined for the year with some sort of injury.

He is 21, and looks to be a future top 4 defender.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Greg

Quote:
-01/17/2004
Dennis Seidenberg underwent surgery on his broken left leg Friday and will remain sidelined indefinitely. He was injured during practice Thursday and thought to be out from 10 to 12 weeks.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I think by bringing in a center and a defenseman, we no longer have room for Gratton/Sillinger and Ference. Hrdina is less expendable than Gratton, in my opinion.
Gratton brings size and I feel that he has been one of the very rare satisfaction in recent weeks. He has got 5 points in the last four games. I would keep him for now.
But at the end of the day I feel that with the Coyotes management anyone could go except a few core players. It all depends on what we could receive in exchange because now it is all part of improving the team. not salary dumping.
The franchise is now payroll balanced the way they want it to be right now and there will not be any fire sale. On that respect, the potential Burke+Branko for Comrie+seidenberg is superb and if there is one draft pick on top of it, i would be stunned.
Comrie is two years ahead of Branko's development, he is flashy (do you remember the splendid goal he scored when playing for the oilers against us mystifying Suchy and Burke) and would find so much pride to work for Gretzky.
Seidenberg is a good pick, he has already had a good year with the Flyers in his career.
So I will have no complaint if this trade happens.
For the other members of Phoenix rosters, it is all depending on what returns we can have, knowing that size might be required next.

Old
02-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Yotes03

I'd rather see Sillinger or Gratton go before Hrdina. As for our D, you could trade just about anyone other than Hulse and Tanabe and I really wouldn't care. Our D needs all the help it can get.

Old
02-08-2004, 02:36 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes03
I'd rather see Sillinger or Gratton go before Hrdina. As for our D, you could trade just about anyone other than Hulse and Tanabe and I really wouldn't care. Our D needs all the help it can get.
I would keep Mara as well.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Yotes03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
I would keep Mara as well.
I know I'm a minority here but I think he is overrated and I wouldn't mind seeing him traded. Every night guys get behind him and are aloud to set up camp in front of the net. He is just not physical enough in our own zone. And like the rest of our D, he seems to panic and turn the puck over in our own zone. Most of this gets overlooked because he can contribute offensively.

Closed Thread