HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ref complaining: A catch-all thread!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
  #1
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Ref complaining: A catch-all thread!

That call by Spada on Betts cost us the game, as far as I'm concerned.

The team had all the momentum and a powerplay to seal the deal possibly.

I don't understand how this goes from hockey to becoming the NFL. We had control of the puck for a good 3 seconds after the contact Betts had with Fleury.

Fleury is nearly 6 or 7 feet out of the effing net going right into Bett's path. What the hell is Betts supposed to do?

Spada has shown his true colors, AFAIC. The guy has a clear bias against our team and he should be reprimanded and not allowed to ref the Rangers games from this point on.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
  #2
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
The league won't do anything, whats the point of complaining?

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
  #3
NYR fan 2
Registered User
 
NYR fan 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
I 100% agree with you, but also its inexcusable to allow 2 shorthanded goals in the 3rd period when your trying to get into the playoffs.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
  #4
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
Spada is awful

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
  #5
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
That call by Spada on Betts cost us the game, as far as I'm concerned.

The team had all the momentum and a powerplay to seal the deal possibly.

I don't understand how this goes from hockey to becoming the NFL. We had control of the puck for a good 3 seconds after the contact Betts had with Fleury.

Fleury is nearly 6 or 7 feet out of the effing net going right into Bett's path. What the hell is Betts supposed to do?

Spada has shown his true colors, AFAIC. The guy has a clear bias against our team and he should be reprimanded and not allowed to ref the Rangers games from this point on.
[I] sent a letter last year to the NHL and the referees assoc. about Craig Spada. Of course I didn't get a reply, but after the Rangers lost the first 3 or 4 games this year with him reffing I sent another......still waiting...

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
  #6
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Craig Spada, Mick McGeough, and sometimes VanMassenhoven. whenever they ref, i just expect the game to be called against us. i got exactly what i expected.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
  #7
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
I 100% agree with you, but also its inexcusable to allow 2 shorthanded goals in the 3rd period when your trying to get into the playoffs.
Never said it wasn't. But our guys came right back and took the lead. We outplayed this team for 55 minutes of the damn game (the Pens only had a strong 5 minutes with those two shorties).

This team has constantly outplayed its opponents and gotten JOBBED by refereeing as of late.

The other stuff isn't that habitual and frankly doesn't make me as angry as this **** that Spada has pulled thus far in every game he's reffed against us.

There is a clear bias in his reffing when he does our games.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
  #8
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Craig Spada, Mick McGeough, and sometimes VanMassenhoven. whenever they ref, i just expect the game to be called against us. i got exactly what i expected.
McGeough is just crap. I don't think he has a bias against us. He's just a bad ref. Mass I put in the same category. I've never, ever thought about a bias with them. They just, straight up, aren't good refs.

When we go 0-6-1 in games when one ref has reffed for us and we have our guys getting misconducts for even talking to them, our players being called 4 seconds after a play after the other team *****es and moans, etc. than I see a bias.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
  #9
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,627
vCash: 500
Awards:
I am known for not complaing about the refering. I usual say that the team that works the hardest gets the benefits of the call.

That said, the call on Betts was awful because it was made from well behind the play and the ref does not have an angle to see where Fleury really was. Turns out he was about 2 feet out of the crease and Betts took a direct route to the corner, not at him. He is no positiont to make that call.'

There needs to be a system where the closer ref can overrule a call. Schick didn't call the penalty. Didn't even make a move too. Even could have called an interference penalty ON Fleury.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
  #10
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Regardless of the 2 shorthanded goals against us the call on Betts cost us this game, unbelieveable.
Betts gets callled for Nothing Nd Gary Roberts does not get called for crashing the net earlier in the 3rd period. I mean comon. It Crap.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
  #11
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
McGeough is just crap. I don't think he has a bias against us. He's just a bad ref. Mass I put in the same category. I've never, ever thought about a bias with them. They just, straight up, aren't good refs.

When we go 0-6-1 in games when one ref has reffed for us and we have our guys getting misconducts for even talking to them, our players being called 4 seconds after a play after the other team *****es and moans, etc. than I see a bias.
I disagree.

While I think Spada is a biased ref, i certainly feel the same about Mcgeough, the guy just doesnt call the game fair or for us ever. its always one sided against us. I'd love for someone to pull the stats on penalties called when McGeough and Spada are reffing. VanMassenhoven I can probably agree with you, but McGeough straight up hates the Rangers.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
  #12
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I am known for not complaing about the refering. I usual say that the team that works the hardest gets the benefits of the call.

That said, the call on Betts was awful because it was made from well behind the play and the ref does not have an angle to see where Fleury really was. Turns out he was about 2 feet out of the crease and Betts took a direct route to the corner, not at him. He is no positiont to make that call.'

There needs to be a system where the closer ref can overrule a call. Schick didn't call the penalty. Didn't even make a move too. Even could have called an interference penalty ON Fleury.
My main problem with this is how long it took for the call to be made. The Pens bench all had their arms up and were yelling **** and then the jackass raises his arms?

I CERTAINLY agree about having a ref be able to over turn a call. This makes no sense when some biased, hack assed ref like Spada can just call what he pleases to appease a team that's whining like no other for a call.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
  #13
AXN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
  #14
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
Rangers are 2-4-1 with Spada reffing their games. Both wins were against the Philadelphia Flyers. They had a total of 104 PIM with an average of 14.86 PIM per game.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
  #15
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.
Are you blind, dude?

Fleury was about 5 or 6 feet out of the net. Betts is going to the corner after the puck and doesn't even look at Fleury. And why should he? Why the HELL is Fleury so far out of the net?

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
  #16
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
My main problem with this is how long it took for the call to be made. The Pens bench all had their arms up and were yelling **** and then the jackass raises his arms?

I CERTAINLY agree about having a ref be able to over turn a call. This makes no sense when some biased, hack assed ref like Spada can just call what he pleases to appease a team that's whining like no other for a call.
i was under the impression that the refs could conference to get the call right. i know for sure they had a conference and overturned a RIGHT call in a game earlier this year where the Rangers got jobbed against (i believe) the Sabres (or was it the Senators?) where the Sabre shot the puck into the stands from behind the blueline, the ref called it a penalty, the entire crew got together and overruled the correct call.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
  #17
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
no way he's going to open his mouth about anything, and if he did the league doesn't give a ****

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
  #18
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i was under the impression that the refs could conference to get the call right. i know for sure they had a conference and overturned a RIGHT call in a game earlier this year where the Rangers got jobbed against (i believe) the Sabres (or was it the Senators?) where the Sabre shot the puck into the stands from behind the blueline, the ref called it a penalty, the entire crew got together and overruled the correct call.
If that's the case, than Shick should've had the balls to put Spada in his place.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
  #19
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,627
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.
I don't think Betts took a chance. He has the right to a piece of ice. He went for the puck in the corner. He's out of the crease and he can Fleury come together. Could have called a penalty on Fleury for interference.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
  #20
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
no way he's going to open his mouth about anything, and if he did the league doesn't give a ****
I'd do it just to get it out there if I was him. Create a talk about it and then at least the officials could possibly review the games that Spada reffed (and jobbed us on).

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
  #21
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Rangers are 2-4-1 with Spada reffing their games. Both wins were against the Philadelphia Flyers. They had a total of 104 PIM with an average of 14.9 PIM per game.
where did you pull the stats out of so fast? id love the source, ive wanted to do a case study for my blog but couldnt find an easy way to get the stats and simply dont have the time to go and find it the long way.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
  #22
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't think Betts took a chance. He has the right to a piece of ice. He went for the puck in the corner. He's out of the crease and he can Fleury come together. Could have called a penalty on Fleury for interference.
Could've and should've. Fleury has NO right flying out of the net like he did.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
  #23
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.
What? Betts did nothing wrong, Nothing At all. Flurey should have been calle dofr interferance himself.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
  #24
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
If that's the case, than Shick should've had the balls to put Spada in his place.
im 99.99999% sure that is accurate.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
  #25
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
If that's the case, than Shick should've had the balls to put Spada in his place.
AGREE! I've seen Refs overturn other Refs calls before.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.