HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it Time to Call up Montoya?

View Poll Results: Should we bring Montoya up for a start or two
Bring Montoya up and see what he has 18 19.15%
Wait till less then 10 games are left and where we are 30 31.91%
not this year at all 32 34.04%
trade him for a 57 year old like Brad Park 14 14.89%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Kluivert4Ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
If the Rangers lose the next 2 or 3 games then we can think about bringing up Montoya. Otherwise leave Lundqvist alone while there is still at least a splinter of hope. Do you honestly think Montoya will automatically fix the 100 or so problem we have right now, especially with 0 experience? Even if he plays god for a few games the Rangers will still find a way to lose somehow the way they are playing

No I do not, but 1, I honestly feel Montoya will give us a better chance of winning even with his zero experience and 2, even if he doesn´t I think he is the future so I want to take a look at him.

But I guess we can wait until next year, just very eager to see him in Ranger blue.

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR_32

Richter:
1990-1991 45GP 21-13-7 3.12 .903
1991-1992 41GP 23-12-2 3.11 .901
Lundqvist:
2005-2006 53GP 30-12-0 2.24 .922
2006-2007 52GP 26-20-0 2.53 .909

Richter had his own issues when he first broke into the league. Montoya will as well, and Hank is going through them now. Young players tend to do that, you need to have patience with them.

Last edited by NYR_32: 03-01-2007 at 09:31 PM.
NYR_32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
We all love Richter. Richter was a great, great goalie. But let's not forget what Richter's first two years were like. Lots of ups and downs.
AND lest we forget...Richter was not flawless in every game. Arguably the club's best goalie ever had his share of moments...going for the poke check on Richer in Game 1 of the Conference finals in 1994. Game 1 of the Cup Finals against Vancouver when he moved his arm and the puck trickled through with under a minute left. Fact is, he and Lundqvist rise to the occasion make the big save and I am sick of these Lundqvist threads.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever View Post
I have been a Ranger fan since 92, so no I will not pick another team, I supported this team when Dunham was in net I can support them with Lundqvist also.
Lundqvist and dunham in the same sentence...

i mean sure, he gave up a few questionable goals, but its amazing how some people turn on certain players after a two game stretch. First we're saying "ye we got our boy Henke back" now "I'll be happy when he leaves"...

A lot of people were saying that about Prucha this year. I dont know if the media's getting to your head or what...

People are making it seem like having Lundqvist is a bad thing. The guy is being asked to play almost every single game. I wouldnt rush Montoya in quite yet, or else who knows, we'll start bashing him too huh?

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:29 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Um Lundqvist has a 2.53 GAA. I think he had about a 1.0 GAA like last month for a long run. No way this is hanks fault. if the forwards could score more than 2.53 goals a game, and our defense be solid, we wouldnt be in this problem, we'd be in probably 5th. Montoya should come up but in no way should be our starter.Lundqvist is our goalie, a franchise goalie, and you shouldnt be ragging on a guy whos played 28 consecutive games.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Its not against the law to call someone a joke so please, I have no objections.
Good. How come you loathe the guy so much? Was his old club a rival team of yours? He stole your bike as a kid? He killed your family and ate your puppy?

Nevemind he was a Vezina contender in his rookie season (only beaten by a stellar season from Kiprusoff) and has been the 2nd best goaltender by numbers since february (after Brodeur) and the best in the league in january and february for goalies with at least 20 games. You hate him and that's all that matters.

Nevermind the goal tonight was one of the very few soft goal in months, when he has one he seems to deserve to be dragged out an ally and be shot immediately.

It's never the teams fault the team lose, it's always Lundqvist's. It doesn't matter he has posted an 1.98 GAA the last two months, he should have scored the hattrick as well.

So yeah, I officially call you a joke when you make posts like these.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Lundqvist blew another point tonight I dare anyone to say other wise

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Sather Hater

I am so tired of all of the people complaining about Lundqvist. He has been basically the best goalie in the entire NHL for the last 2-3 months (goalies with over 20 games played).

He has a 2.53 GAA right now for the season (which is better then Richter ever put up in his 14 year career), and has been under 2.00 for the last 2+ months.

Sather Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Good. How come you loathe the guy so much? Was his old club a rival team of yours? He stole your bike as a kid? He killed your family and ate your puppy?

Nevemind he was a Vezina contender in his rookie season (only beaten by a stellar season from Kiprusoff) and has been the 2nd best goaltender by numbers since february (after Brodeur) and the best in the league in january and february for goalies with at least 20 games. You hate him and that's all that matters.

Nevermind the goal tonight was one of the very few soft goal in months, when he has one he seems to deserve to be dragged out an ally and be shot immediately.

It's never the teams fault the team lose, it's always Lundqvist's. It doesn't matter he has posted an 1.98 GAA the last two months, he should have scored the hattrick as well.

So yeah, I officially call you a joke when you make posts like these.
Are you freaking even serious with that statement? Dude up to that point i had respected your comments but now i question are you Hanks brother? come on I am hard on the guy but first bad goal? have you watched the NJ/ BlueJackets or 3rd period tonight

Old
03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Chimp

I voted on "trade him for a 57 year old" of course, since that's what Dagoon44 wants to hear.

Old
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Are you going to bump every single Lundqvist hate thread you made so far? I think we get your point by now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
I voted on "trade him for a 57 year old" of course, since that's what Dagoon44 wants to hear.
I really think the wait till 10 games are left is the best for him. I don't want him to come up and out play the God of Goal tending and you guys go off the deep end

Old
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:

Thank you, you just lost all credibility with that statement.

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Are you freaking even serious with that statement? Dude up to that point i had respected your comments but now i question are you Hanks brother? come on I am hard on the guy but first bad goal? have you watched the NJ/ BlueJackets or 3rd period tonight
Frankly, right about now I could care less about what you think about my comments after your dozens of "let's go bananas" rants. If you think any of the goals against Blue Jackets were softies, that's up to you and the other "I have no clue what goaltending is about" and the rest of the same bandwagon *cough*Kluivert4Ever and dedalus for example*cough*. That's exactly what you post when you call the SH goals against Blue Jackets "softies" from our goalie. If you think he had softies against NJ, yeah, he should hug Rachunek's skate more often and don't care about the shooter, right.

As for the 3rd period tonight, what the frigging what do you think I called the shot from the corner if not a soft goal? Read my post for crying out loud. If you think any other goal tonight was his fault, that's also entirely up to your opinion and probably your opinion only.

It's one thing to criticise a goalie where criticism should be, it's a totally other to schematically throw random cheap shots because of pure frustration or because you simply don't like the guy. If it's so, just say so.

Please, spare me the "soft goals" that probably is about 100 of his 128 if I listen to "some" peoples' opinion.

Earth to posters: people do not have x-ray vision and eyes that can see 78 frames per second. Not even goalies.

Last edited by Chimp: 03-01-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Geogaddi

Dagoon...you need to change your name to "Abolish Henrik" or something along those lines.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Thank you, you just lost all credibility with that statement.
We all know your definition of soft goals from Lundqvist. It's 131 and counting after tonight, right?

Old
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
n_a_c

Lundqvist has started 19 straight, and played in 28 straight. That is a LOT of games. Brodeur usually plays 72-75 games a year, behind a very consistent defense. That is about 9 out of 10. So the fact is - Lundqvist can NOT play every game from now until the playoffs. He can't. At least - not if you expect him to stay sharp and uninjured. Goalies need nights off.

So, if you disagree - and would rather play Lundqvist the remaining 19 games (for a total of 47 straight) - then fine. You are wrong, but fine.

If you agree - then we need to determine who the second best goalie in the Rangers organization is. Hmmm. Weekes is injured, and I don't have any confidence in him returning and being 100%. Valiquette? Also no confidence.

Montoya? Yes - I have confidence. Much more than the other two.

Next question - when should he play? Should we press our luck and play Lundqvist for 9 more? And then what - perhaps the Rangers are only one point out of the playoffs. Then give him the rest he needs? Or then just cross your fingers and play him the remaining 10?

I think - Montoya should be called up soon, and then play a game. If it goes well, give him one or two more. And then send him down again. And then late in the season - and perhaps in the playoffs - repeat. He shouldn't ride the bench. But we need his services, and I bet he'll do fine.

It really makes sense to me. Nothing else makes sense to me.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Chimp

Wow, a constructive post, the sky is falling down.

Yeah, Henke needs rest indeed. 28 straight is alot by all counts. Since Weekes is still on the IR and Montoya seems to be on a hot streak, calling him up for his debut doesn't seem that off. Give him a chance in a game or two at least to get some load of Lundqvist's shoulders and at the same time give Montoya some valuable experience. It would also be very interesting to see how he holds up in a game with a higher pace than in AHL, which also could help Montoy to prepare for the next season so he knows what kind of dragon he's facing.

Old
03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
In the pie chart of reasons the Rangers lost tonight lundqvist would be about 10% of the reason. The fact is mistakes lead to scoring chances and Lundqvist can't be Superman EVERY GAME...He didn't a blow a point tonight the whole team did...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
Lundqvist can NOT play every game from now until the playoffs. He can't. At least - not if you expect him to stay sharp and uninjured. Goalies need nights off.
Injury is the real worry, IMO. He walked out of last season injured thanks to his playing schedule. It's outrageous that the same might happen again for the same reason.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
In the pie chart of reasons the Rangers lost tonight lundqvist would be about 10% of the reason. The fact is mistakes lead to scoring chances and Lundqvist can't be Superman EVERY GAME...He didn't a blow a point tonight the whole team did...
Most definitely.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote