HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ref complaining: A catch-all thread!

Old
03-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrous View Post
Look at the penalties for the game. Even tsn announcers said at least 2 times NY got away with too many men on the ice. As well as the crosby crosscheck. Yet they are biased toward the rags? You guys are just upset your season is slipping away. I would too tbh but the ref excuse gets a bit tired.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Fleury came 5 feet out of the net INTO Betts' skating lane and initiated contact with him. Betts wasn't even looking at the guy! He was skating towards the boards to get the damn puck!

I mean, can you be any more biased? Any non moron would think that the call was BS.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrous View Post
Look at the penalties for the game. Even tsn announcers said at least 2 times NY got away with too many men on the ice. As well as the crosby crosscheck. Yet they are biased toward the rags? You guys are just upset your season is slipping away. I would too tbh but the ref excuse gets a bit tired.
Yea, says the fan of the PICKSburgh Penguins.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Yea, says the fan of the PICKSburgh Penguins.
Clever.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jratelle19

It's amazing how these Pittsburgh fans get so full of themselves now that their team doesn't have to tank the last two months of the season to get that top pick. Real class organization.

jratelle19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Clever.
Why thank you.

Old
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
DevFan-RU-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jratelle19 View Post
It's amazing how these Pittsburgh fans get so full of themselves now that their team doesn't have to tank the last two months of the season to get that top pick. Real class organization.
Yeah, theyre quite the bunch of bandwagoners. I love the Penguin Plan. Win a Cup, then suck for a few seasons, then draft a bunch of new guys and win the Cup again. Rinse, wash, and repeat.

Ugh.

Old
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Yeah, theyre quite the bunch of bandwagoners. I love the Penguin Plan. Win a Cup, then suck for a few seasons, then draft a bunch of new guys and win the Cup again. Rinse, wash, and repeat.

Ugh.
One thing about the Devils...they finish at the top of the league every year, so you could never say they have tanked for a better pick...I'll give you guys that lol

Old
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
One thing about the Devils...they finish at the top of the league every year, so you could never say they have tanked for a better pick...I'll give you guys that lol
Well, they DID tank it in Lemieux's draft year, but Pittsburgh tanked it just worse than they did to get that top pick.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
jratelle19

I'm talking about the years you drafted Fleury, Malkin, and even the last season before the lockout. Remember those seasons, or is your pea brain incapable of remembering past 5 minutes? You forget the purging at the trade deadline those seasons? Please do not question my hockey knowledge, son. I'll forget more about this game than you will ever know.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-02-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
ThirdEye

lol to the Pen fans saying their team played their hearts out today. They played like crap today aside from a maybe 10 or so minutes. If they are going to "play their hearts out" like this during the playoffs they are going to get swept

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
DevFan-RU-

Quote:
Thank you.

I'll respect the Pens for who they have now... but I dont think they should get special treatment simply because they have the NHL's posterboy on their team.

Old
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Craig Spada, Mick McGeough, and sometimes VanMassenhoven. whenever they ref, i just expect the game to be called against us. i got exactly what i expected.
What about Mike Leggo? I cringe when I hear his name as an official for a ranger game.

Lol, I honestly believe that had he not reffed a single game this year, the rangers would have 4-8 more points.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:48 PM
jratelle19

What's amazing is how every Ranger hater, before the 2005 draft, were convinced that the league was going to rig the draft so that Crosby would end up a Ranger. Didn't hear one of these morons cry foul when Pittsburgh ended up with it. This one had Bettman's nose up Mario's backside written all over it. Hope Bettman's happy when not even The Knitting Channel will pick up the TV contract anymore.

Old
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Its different for us in Devil-land. Our team and yours have walked different paths. But its clear in this case that the refs screwed you guys.

As I said. Its partly because of your rep, and partly because you have 1 or 2 players who are simply hated by refs.
He wasn't a Ranger fan DF-RU. Us Ranger fans would never speak badly about u.

Old
03-01-2007, 09:57 PM
gobolt7

For all the Penguins fans here to cause trouble, you need to go back to your own board. You will be hearing from one of us.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
What about Mike Leggo? I cringe when I hear his name as an official for a ranger game.

Lol, I honestly believe that had he not reffed a single game this year, the rangers would have 4-8 more points.
oooh, thats another good one, cant believe i forgot that guy...

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Jeff Goldblum

As a self-appointed Penguins board ambassador, my apologies for some of our 'newer' posters. I could just tell tonight's game would be intense, and it didn't fail in that respect, which obviously transferred over to some of us fans. Each club had a fair number of breaks go for/against it, and each team battled hard. The Rangers defense really held the play up in the neutral zone, which is where you need to stop the Penguins' offensive players. Both goaltenders played very well and made great saves when necessary.

Again, apologies. We've dealt with those sorts of posters on our boards for ages (and still are now), so I understand the frustration.

Jeff Goldblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
STEVENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jratelle19 View Post
What's amazing is how every Ranger hater, before the 2005 draft, were convinced that the league was going to rig the draft so that Crosby would end up a Ranger. Didn't hear one of these morons cry foul when Pittsburgh ended up with it. This one had Bettman's nose up Mario's backside written all over it. Hope Bettman's happy when not even The Knitting Channel will pick up the TV contract anymore.
I always had a feeling with the financial trouble the Penguins were going through that somehow Crosby was going to wind up there. Then the draft comes and "ironically" the Lighting who just happened to win the Cup the year before the lockout get the 30th pick overall. As soon as I saw that I knew the fix was in. I'll never be convinced otherwise. I wouldn't trust Bettman walking down the block to buy me a pack of gum.

And I'll agree with you guys on this call. It was garbage. Even I'll admit that. As soon as the penalty was called I said out loud you have to be kidding me.

STEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Pens Are Back*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris the Blade View Post
As a self-appointed Penguins board ambassador, my apologies for some of our 'newer' posters. I could just tell tonight's game would be intense, and it didn't fail in that respect, which obviously transferred over to some of us fans. Each club had a fair number of breaks go for/against it, and each team battled hard. The Rangers defense really held the play up in the neutral zone, which is where you need to stop the Penguins' offensive players. Both goaltenders played very well and made great saves when necessary.

Again, apologies. We've dealt with those sorts of posters on our boards for ages (and still are now), so I understand the frustration.
i though it was a hell of a game also.

1st period = nuetral

rangers played a better 2nd

pens a better 3rd

oh well, the rangers have never lost a game where the refs didn't screw them

The Pens Are Back* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris the Blade View Post

classy post.

Old
03-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pens Are Back View Post
i though it was a hell of a game also.

1st period = nuetral

rangers played a better 2nd

pens a better 3rd

oh well, the rangers have never lost a game where the refs didn't screw them
not a fair comment at all, at least i personally take exception to it. feel free to research my comments regarding the reffing, i consider myself pretty fair in this regard, same with many of the posters in this thread.

I find it amusing teams like the Pens (lemieux, sid, malkin), Devils (lou lams), Senators (they are Ottawa), etc that routinely get calls for them have no problems calling other teams whiners when they point it out. it would impress me more if fans admit that they got the calls their way. Ive done it plenty of times this year, and i know several posters here who have done the same.

Old
03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Skroob*

If i was Coach, and we get to the point where we are out of playoff contention, and they give us Spada again, i would refuse to put my team on the ice, and take the forefit, just to make a point.

Simple as that.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
The Pens Are Back*

Quote:
not a fair comment at all, at least i personally take exception to it. feel free to research my comments regarding the reffing, i consider myself pretty fair in this regard, same with many of the posters in this thread.

I find it amusing teams like the Pens (lemieux, sid, malkin), Devils (lou lams), Senators (they are Ottawa), etc that routinely get calls for them have no problems calling other teams whiners when they point it out. it would impress me more if fans admit that they got the calls their way. Ive done it plenty of times this year, and i know several posters here who have done the same.
inferno, this is the NHL.... the league with the worst officiating in all of sports. calls will go against you 1 game and calls will go for you in another.

i've followed the league way too long to be driven crazy by that... thats how the league is. the sooner its accepted the less rants you'll see on here

The Pens Are Back* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pens Are Back View Post
inferno, this is the NHL.... the league with the worst officiating in all of sports. calls will go against you 1 game and calls will go for you in another.

i've followed the league way too long to be driven crazy by that... thats how the league is. the sooner its accepted the less rants you'll see on here
agreed that the reffing is...inconsistent from ref to ref. But the problem is certain refs just flat out suck. I know plenty of Toronto Maple Leaf fans have legitimate gripes about this as well, with some refs exhibiting blatant favoritism or bias against certain teams. Spada happens to be one of the worse refs as far as his bias against european players and love of canadian players. its a fact as far as im concerned and the posterboy of canadian favortism is Sid the Kid, and the posterboy of european hatred is Jagr.

If this was Kerry Fraser, I wouldnt be having this argument. Hes the best ref in the league imho, and if he called a bad game, i wouldnt be shouting because i know he just had a bad game. but this guy is a *******, and just about every ranger fan out there knows the second you hear his name, you know the rangers will get screwed royally.

Old
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
agreed that the reffing is...inconsistent from ref to ref. But the problem is certain refs just flat out suck. I know plenty of Toronto Maple Leaf fans have legitimate gripes about this as well, with some refs exhibiting blatant favoritism or bias against certain teams. Spada happens to be one of the worse refs as far as his bias against european players and love of canadian players. its a fact as far as im concerned and the posterboy of canadian favortism is Sid the Kid, and the posterboy of european hatred is Jagr.

If this was Kerry Fraser, I wouldnt be having this argument. Hes the best ref in the league imho, and if he called a bad game, i wouldnt be shouting because i know he just had a bad game. but this guy is a *******, and just about every ranger fan out there knows the second you hear his name, you know the rangers will get screwed royally.
The Rodent a while back put a nice article together about Spada:

http://mt.hockeybird.com/archives/003033.html

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote