HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Burke Trade Deadline Diary

Old
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
oilerfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
I love Jay Onrait. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the best sports writers in the business.
that blog was nothing more than cracking jokes about his co-workers...

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
ThisInsecureMoron

This is not Brian Burke's diary. I promise you.

I mean, are you guys blind? The proof is right there. Can't you see that!?

If it really WAS Brian Burke's diary it'd all be Caps Lock with a lot of exclamation marks... Angry Burke!!!!

Haha!!

ThisInsecureMoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Lewkowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
I love Jay Onrait. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the best sports writers in the business.
Onrait is ok. But no one, and I mean NO ONE, is even in the league of "The Sports Guy" Bill Simmons on espn.com.

I mean I like basketball and care about baseball just because of this guy. If you haven't had a chance to read him you shud.

Lewkowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul View Post
You have to be kidding me? Jay, you for a long time surprised me with insights that many people didn't have. I think you jumped off the Tommy Salo bandwagon and said Ty Conklin sucks long before anyone else.

You have come on to HF Boards and said to a team that finished in 8th last year and went to the finals that the GMs of Montreal and NYR should be fired for not selling when they are in the playoff hunt.

Unless you feel it ok to give up early and say "Ah, we might make the playoffs, we might not...who cares...sell anyway."

This might be the most mysterious thing you have said on HF Boards.
'

Let me clarify for you, George.

What I find so crazy is that they hadn't made a decision. I understand with the deadline moved into February it's tough but I think going into the deadline if you don't have a good idea where you stand, I think you're making mistakes.

I have no problem for teams selling or buying, but make up your minds. If Montreal is going to sell, SELL! Souray needs to go. If they are going to buy, well buy! Don't sit on your hands, do nothing, watch assets go for nothing, and get worse.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote