HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steve Ott

Old
04-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
He will return to Buffalo IMO. He generally loved the area and the Sabres will pay for a vet leader or 2
He also understood why buffalo traded him. He was fine with it. If he gets to free agency Buffalo would a be a leader to resign him. They have the cap space to give him more money on a 4 yr contract.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 03:37 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Viper View Post
I could see him back with the Sabres.
I hope not. Bad at offense, bad on defense, all he really does is talk.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 06:29 AM
Dreakmur

I'd be surprised if all 30 teams don't want to sign him.

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Callum
All In

Wouldn't be opposed to him signing in Tampa if we can move out Purcell and Malones contracts one way or the other.

Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
I hope not. Bad at offense, bad on defense, all he really does is talk.
And yet you want Clarkson at 5 mill plus for 6 more years ... Go figure.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenFully View Post
Hoping Habs, I wouldn't mind getting he and Brian Boyle to centre 3rd and 4th
I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
His number for St.Louis, a well structured team, are brutal. Does anyone have any input on his performance as of late?
His ice-time is way down since going to a better team - and he isn't getting the specialty-team time he got in Buffalo. I'm not surprised that his stats have gone down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Viper View Post
I could see him back with the Sabres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
He will return to Buffalo IMO. He generally loved the area and the Sabres will pay for a vet leader or 2
If the Blues have a long playoff run, will the taste of success Ott gets be hard to pass over in favor of going back to a losing environment like Buffalo will be in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
They have the cap space to give him more money on a 4 yr contract.
I wouldn't want the Sabres to commit that long a term to a 32-year old, role player sort, even if they think his main value is as a role model/teacher for their prospects. He could end up being another Craig Rivet, whose physical skills quickly deteriorate and body breaks down from the career-long wear-and-tear it's endured, and the Sabres have to buy him out in the final year because Ott's at the point of being a healthy scratch or depth player in 2 years.

If the Sabres do sign him, I'd rather them overpay him and keep the term short than to give Ott a retirement contract.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:57 AM
BozakKadriKessel

I would love to have him with the leafs. He is the kind of player Toronto needs. A good heart and soul guy who will do what it takes for his team to win. Provides a leadership component for a young team and can fill a huge role.. If the leafs sign Bolland back a line of
Ott, Bolland, D'amigo would be something I would love. You would have a good leadership component. A line you could play without worrying abt defensive lapses. Hard, tough, physically and a good skating line to match.. would love this.

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BozakKadriKessel View Post
I would love to have him with the leafs. He is the kind of player Toronto needs. A good heart and soul guy who will do what it takes for his team to win. Provides a leadership component for a young team and can fill a huge role.. If the leafs sign Bolland back a line of
Ott, Bolland, D'amigo would be something I would love. You would have a good leadership component. A line you could play without worrying abt defensive lapses. Hard, tough, physically and a good skating line to match.. would love this.
I would as well. Need another hard player along the lines of Bolland.
3 years max though.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 12:16 PM
SabreSaurusRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozakKadriKessel View Post
Sounds like Clarkson

SabreSaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Would love to see Edmonton add Ott to take over our third line and bump Gordon down making our centers not look half bad.

What would his price tag be? I'd offer him a decent chunk of change, he plays exactly the way Edmonton so badly needs and would maybe set a good example.

Then do Bailey for Gagner

Nuge
Bailey
Ott
Gordon
Arcobello

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Canadian91

How about Ott going to Ottawa?

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 04:23 PM
ZeHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I hope the Oilers are in on him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
With the way the Yotes are imploding in the midst of a playoff race, I would say getting someone like Ott just shot up on our off-season priority list. Probably moreso than getting a scorer - and we need one of those too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
dude is a super-hard competitor, which is EXACTLY what the Capitals need! He'd be a great captain or Assistant Captain to come in and help right the ship!
Trust me when I say that neither of your teams will benefit from bringing him into the fold. He was effective 5-6 years ago when he played his pest role very well, playing a chippy game, scoring the odd goal or two, and drawing penalties. I think the era that benefited from a chippy player with limited offensive skills has passed. Granted he showed offensive promise briefly during his contract year but that was not to last because of his poor offensive IQ and generally poor shot selection/shooting skills. Add to that his penchant for bad penalties and it's probably not worth the money.

ZeHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 04:34 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
No good team should want him. He doesn't really do anything except faceoffs and hit.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Horsehead

He seems to have lost his spark. Trying hard to fit in with the Blues.
Needs the right situation, but he will get a good 3 yr deal from someone this summer.

Horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:57 PM
ZeHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsehead View Post
He seems to have lost his spark. Trying hard to fit in with the Blues.
Needs the right situation, but he will get a good 3 yr deal from someone this summer.
Didn't he play with Benn on the 2nd line during 2011-12 for much of the season with >18 min of ATOI? Is he not with a contender right now with a deep line-up (ignoring the current injury bug, of course)? What exactly is the right situation for him to succeed if not these instances?

His time to improve and evolve has passed, but I won't be surprised if some GM was stupid enough to sign him for 3 years.

ZeHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote