HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov to Pittsburgh

Old
04-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Yakupov hasn't even played 2 full seasons in the NHL yet. It's fair to say you would play it safe and keep Maata but Yakupov holds a lot more value than him despite struggling this year. Just like Galchenyuk and Huberdeau are worth more than Maata as well.
Yaks value isn't that of Galchenyuk or Huberdeau!

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!

Quote:
Yakupov hasn't even played 2 full seasons in the NHL yet. It's fair to say you would play it safe and keep Maata but Yakupov holds a lot more value than him despite struggling this year. Just like Galchenyuk and Huberdeau are worth more than Maata as well.
I never said Maatta has more value than Yakupov, I just said I wouldn't trade Maatta for him. What I'm willing to pay is way below his value. That also ignores that Yak's value is pretty far below Huberdeau's or Gally's.

Quote:
Maata also wouldn't be our best defensemen if we traded for him. Klefbom and Marincin are just as good a him, they're just better at playing D and not strictly offensive defensemen. Clarification: I don't actually watch the oilers, I just look at their D's production.
This shows that you have no idea who Maatta is. He is in no way, shape or form a "strictly offensive D". Are you thinking of Pouliot or something? That's just blatantly wrong. And that's a good joke that Klefbom and Marincin are just as good, where is all the Calder talk for them?

Quote:
Also, Maata is slow. Most pen fans can see that through their homer goggles.
No he's not. He's no Grabner, but he's in no form slow. Actually watch him play.

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:56 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrdh View Post
From an outsiders perspective, I think Pittsburgh gets hosed badly.
Any rational person with any sense of hockey IQ agrees with you. What exactly makes Yakupov have a heavy return based on his poor play this year? If anything, his value has dipped significantly. Pittsburgh does get hosed badly. Shero would be the dumbest GM in the league if he even considered it.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Party Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Highly disagreed, Yakupov has a far higher ceiling than either of them. Oilers should hold on to him no point in trading him at a time where everyone thinks his value is so low

Party Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:01 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Maata also wouldn't be our best defensemen if we traded for him. Klefbom and Marincin are just as good a him, they're just better at playing D and not strictly offensive defensemen. Clarification: I don't actually watch the oilers, I just look at their D's production.

Also, Maata is slow. Most pen fans can see that through their homer goggles.
Maatta would be your best Dman. Heck, my 11-year old son would be too.

Maatta is an 18-year old kid that is playing the roughest position there is for a rookie in the NHL. He wasn't a former number one pick that has underachieved.

You don't watch the Oilers and you can make the statement you did? I've watched Edmonton enough to know Maatta would be the best dman there.

Yakupov's value pales in comparison to Galchenyuk or Huberdeau. He isn't worth that much. Yak, playing as crappy as he did this year, saw his value plummet. He isn't worth Maatta to me. You can't say with his terrible play that he has a high value. It's not. Maatta has six more points playing as a blueliner than does your disappointment. That is pretty telling.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:31 PM
SEALBound

This thread accurately illistrates why Edmonton will not be getting any better anytime soon, especially in the trade route. This is a gross over valuation of Yakupov. In no way is that trade even remotely equal value for the Penguins.

Maatta has proved to be a top notch defender this year as a 19yo rookie. I would not, right now, trade Maatta for Yakupov straight up. Maatta's ceiling is miles above Yakupov's right now and will likely be for years to come.

Yakupov to Pittburgh should be for something like Sutter+Bortuzzo+pick...because that's all he's worth to Pittsburgh. We aren't really in the market for a soft winger with work ethic/attitude issues. Especially at the price of Maatta. Forget the rest of that ridiculous trade.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Yeah because all the stars on Pittsburgh are so committed to playing d You can keep Maata, the oilers wouldn't trade yak for a strictly offensive d anyway as we already have Schultz. Maata is also slow as hell.
I think you might be confusing Maatta with another player. Maatta isn't really an offensive D at all, let alone strictly an offensive D. Nor is he "slow as hell".

But we're happy to keep him for sure.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 10:46 PM
madinsomniac

Where a guy is drafted doesn't mean squat relatively quick in hockey terms... the NHL is full of guys who went high and either busted altogether or settled into a rather substandard role for their careers... if they redrafted today I highly doubt Maatta would fall out of the top 5 picks, and certainly wouldn't be out of the top ten... similarly, with what he has shown to date, particularly his poor attitude towards defense, I cant see Yakupov being a top overall pick again... Maybe he turns things around and maybe Maatta takes a leap back next year, but in no way would I trade one for the other right now...

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Nope.. the way Klefbom has come in makes this lopsided and really just a lateral move. We have no need for Fleury.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 04:17 AM
jgoud

Quote:
Please explain because their numbers from both this year and last are identical. It's funny how all 3 guys are in slumps, yet according to most people (that likely don't watch him) yak is valued a lot less. Perhaps some oilers hate bias going on there.

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 05:13 AM
johockey

at this point Maatta > Yakupov, and it isn't even close.

I don't think the Pens would take that offer.

johockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 08:23 AM
OutForMilk

Quote:
Yak 55 points in 111 games
Gal 58 points in 113 games
Hub 59 points in 116 games

Looks alot closer than people make out to me. But once people have a narrative in their head, it keeps getting repeated over and over as if it is true. Oh, and Yak has no heart and is already on a plane to Russia, did I get that right?

OutForMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Kane View Post
Highly disagreed, Yakupov has a far higher ceiling than either of them. Oilers should hold on to him no point in trading him at a time where everyone thinks his value is so low
I agree that he has a higher ceiling. But that doesn't mean his value today is the same as theirs.

Old
04-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutForMilk View Post
Yak 55 points in 111 games
Gal 58 points in 113 games
Hub 59 points in 116 games

Looks alot closer than people make out to me. But once people have a narrative in their head, it keeps getting repeated over and over as if it is true. Oh, and Yak has no heart and is already on a plane to Russia, did I get that right?
You'd be very hard pressed to find a single post where I've even hinted at that.

OMG they have close to the same points... well I guess that clears everything up then right? I mean everything else must not matter...

Old
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
OutForMilk

Quote:
You'd be very hard pressed to find a single post where I've even hinted at that.

OMG they have close to the same points... well I guess that clears everything up then right? I mean everything else must not matter...
I'm not saying you yourself said that, sorry that I implied that, but there is posts directly referencing that every single day on here. And they are in direct reference to his value. Yak id definitely weak defensively, but I don't see Galchenyuk or Huberdeau as being that much better yet either, IMO. All 3 have had crappy sophomore seasons, but the disparity over their value seems to be huge on this board. Very overblown.

OutForMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 11:34 PM
jgoud

Quote:

So what else matters and what else distinguished him from their value?

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:42 AM
armandh01

Quote:
So what else matters and what else distinguished him from their value?
+/- duhhhhhhhhh

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:43 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolonegoal View Post

Marc-Andre Fleury
Olli Maata

Nail Yakupov
Oscar Klefbom

under the condition that the pens have plans or in talks with a deal with a UFA goaltender such as Miller or Halak.

Pens get rid of playoff choke artist Marc-Andre Fleury for another former 1st overall pick. Fleury however would work perfectly for the Oilers because he's typically a top 10 goalie in the regular season. Edmonton just needs to get into the playoffs and they can worry about where they're going from there. Pittsburgh gets a guy who could be a star instantly playing on a line with Kunitz-Crosby, and would give the team security once Kunitz starts to decline/retires.

In return Pitts adds Olli Maata and Oilers add Klefbom, who was a higher draft pick but is showing less promise. Edmonton gets a player who can benefit the team asap, and Pittsburgh will have a player who could potentially replace him. Also, Letang will be returning next year so defensive depth grows.

Which teams adds?

Note: I'm not a fan of either teams
Penguins say hell no. You are not getting Olli Maatta for Yakupov, the rest is whatever. Not happening.

Oilers say no? Lol, right the one thing they truly need is what they'd say no to. I see.

Honour Over Glory is online now   Reply With Quote