Hagos is improving

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 05:05 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Hagos is improving

I'm writing from sweden just to give you an quick update on center Yared Hagos. He has improved this season and his one of the best two way centers in the leauge IMO.

He has been with the National Team in the last two tournaments, very good for a player born 1983, and has been playing very well. He is strong along the boards, and his taking responsibility all over the ice. He is going to be a perfect fit as the teams third line center. He could also make the World Cup roster as we in Sweden don't have many good players under 22.

Also... Loui Eriksson had been very good with Frölunda this season. Next season he could become a real scoring threat with more ice-time. Joel Lundqvist has also stepped up his game the last months but still has to improve his skating to become a good center in the NHL, maybe some seasons in the AHL would make him better? Gabriel Karlsson has been playing ok this season, but he probably never will make it to the NHL.

And a question... what do you think of Mathias Tjärnqvist's play so far this season?

Old
02-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Starsdude

Matty showed grit and work ethic but really not much else. Probably a 4th liner or a solid AHLer if he stays in the states. God news on Yared. I think they would like to replace Niko as the fourth line center with a bigger grittier player eventually

Old
02-08-2004, 05:22 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
I think they would like to replace Niko as the fourth line center with a bigger grittier player eventually

I agree. The Stars really need to address this size issue. Niko Kapanen would probably be really good trade bait especially if throw in with another player. We could really use some players who are 6'2 and bigger as most of our young players are relatively small. I bet Hagos will get a shot at making the team in the next 2 years and could possibly be a third liner. In the next draft, I would like to see an emphasis on drafting some skilled players with size if at all possible, even if this means drafting some more risky players(Jessiman comes to mind). Power forward prospects would be a plus.

Old
02-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Starsdude

Agree I have at times discussed packaging Erskine and Kapanen for a quality forward although I would prefer satan, Symthe or o'Neill as center is settled for now. As for size Crombeen has some but lacks top end talent, Hagos is intriguing and seems to have surpassed Lundqvist as a prospect. Prospect size remains an issue but Erikkson, Polak, Jokinin and Miets at least represent more talent than we have seen in a while. Holtet and vas are also skilled if not developing for various reasons. Big skilled guys are rare so it may take some luck and patience.

Closed Thread