HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedor Tyutin Out 3-4 Weeks with MCL Sprain

Old
03-02-2007, 10:27 AM
VIL8BUBBLE

vCash: 500
Fedor Tyutin Out 3-4 Weeks with MCL Sprain

Sorry if there is already a thread for this, but any updates on the MCL injury from last night? Is it gonna be a DTD thing, or could this be alot worse? Hope it doesn't turn into a Thomas Kloucek thing. Speaking of Kloucek, I used to love that guy. He hit you like a ton of bricks. He's not in the league anymore is he?

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 03-02-2007 at 09:21 PM.
VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think he was getting looked at today, so I would assume we will have an update later today or tomorrow.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Levitate

If it's not a tear, then I doubt there's any long term effects...at least judging from how these things seem to work out in the NHL.

But sprains can take a long time to heal.

Kloucek got his knee ripped up pretty bad and had to have surgery, so I don't think it's similar to what happened to Tyutin (which I didn't see since I wasn't watching the game last night)

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:35 AM
FLYLine24*

Lets just hope for the best and it's something very minor, he's been one of the brightest lights of the season for us.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:12 AM
MrAlfie

it looked kinda nasty.. to be honest it bend pretty bad and unnatural when he came down, i dont know if it was roberts leg that caused it to bend this way.

lets just hope the best

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
BigE

The guy over at rangers.lohudblog is sayings it's an MCL sprain which could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on the severity. Although, by the sounds of things he is out for a few games.

At this point we're probably best leaving some of the Hartford defenseman in Hartford. They've got a good thing going on down there and I'd hate to ruin it. Tommy Pock can fill in.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
94now

There is a tear in every sprain. Tears in ligaments are never fused like bones fractures do. Swelling must go away before any meaningful evaluation. After that walking without pain must be achieved. After that player is cleared to skate alone. If swelling returns, back to beginning, if not, practice with team is allowed, but no scrimmage. If no problem, scrimmage, then game.
Klucek had torn both MCL and ACL. They were replaced surgically with cadaver (dead donor) tendons by stapling them to the bone with screws. In 4 years the foreign tendon would become a ligament after complete cell replacement. So technically 4 years are needed to come back fully after major knee surgery. Many athletes able to make their leg so strong that joint strength wouldn't matter. Klucek neither was one of them or was given enough time to come back.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:08 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
If it were that bad he wouldnt have gotten up and skated to the bench. He'll probably be out two games and be back.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:16 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
If it were that bad he wouldnt have gotten up and skated to the bench. He'll probably be out two games and be back.

If I remember correctly, Kloucek skated off the ice just fine when he tore up his knees. I didn't expect anything bad, then comes word that he shredded his knee. I really hope Toots injury is truly a sprain and even if he is out for a few weeks, its better than what could be potentially devistating

Old
03-02-2007, 12:17 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
ive never had my MCL tear , but i once broke my leg and my heel without even knowing. thought it was some kind of bruise but didnt pay any attention to it. played 2 games with a broken calf and 4 games with a broken heel until i went to see a doctor.
sometimes it worse than it seems, so just because he skated away doesnt mean its not much, not hoping for anything but im just stating this in general for any injury.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
NYROrtsFan

I watched Terrell Davis walk off the field after an injury that turned out to be the end of his career...

That said, the injury didnt look all that bad... It wasn't tragic although the knee clearly got hit from the side a bit. A sprain makes a lot of sense although we wont know the true damage until a few days from now.

Knee injuries happen all of the time in sports so i think its a bit crazy to all of a sudden start bringing up guys like Kloucek.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

I was just bringing up Kloucek as an example. He looked fine to me skating off the ince and then BAM, torn ACL and MCL. Im not speculating, just bringing up examples my man

Old
03-02-2007, 01:08 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Fedor Tyutin is on crutches but has yet to be seen by a doctor. Unlikely for tomorrow, Renney said the team is considering calling someone up from Hartford.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

"Renney said the team is considering calling someone up from Hartford"

Man they are really never gonna give Pock a full shot huh?

Old
03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
I was just bringing up Kloucek as an example. He looked fine to me skating off the ince and then BAM, torn ACL and MCL. Im not speculating, just bringing up examples my man
He is not the only one. Although Klucek is an extreme case, the similar injury practically ended Lundmarks tenure here, Prucha has not been the same since similar injury last year all the way up until now. Knee injury was a career ending for Bure, Ozolinch. Kaspar sprained his knee this year and no one knows whether it is the reason for his disappearance from the roster.

Old
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/Fedor Tyutin is on crutches but has yet to be seen by a doctor. Unlikely for tomorrow, Renney said the team is considering calling someone up from Hartford.
See my post #7. I am officially off "We are making playoffs" band wagon. This is a terrible blow.

Old
03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He is not the only one. Although Klucek is an extreme case, the similar injury practically ended Lundmarks tenure here, Prucha has not been the same since similar injury last year all the way up until now. Knee injury was a career ending for Bure, Ozolinch. Kaspar sprained his knee this year and no one knows whether it is the reason for his disappearance from the roster.
Exactly. Thats why I was concerned, I didnt see the actual hit so I had no idea what was up. And I think his age as well as not having the same speed(which is probably/definately related to his knee injury) is why he dissapeared from the roster

Old
03-02-2007, 01:25 PM
94now

Quote:
I think his age as well as not having the same speed(which is probably/definately related to his knee injury) is why he dissapeared from the roster
Bad knee makes you less agile on ice.
Anyway.. I wish Roberts was traded to Toronto. Kaspar will be called, IMO, up even he may still have a bad knee AKA "muscle soreness".

Old
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Bad knee makes you less agile on ice.
Anyway.. I wish Roberts was traded to Toronto. Kaspar will be called, IMO, up even he may still have a bad knee AKA "muscle soreness".
i dont think so ... isnt he hurt? anyways the rangers dont wanna call him up for fear that someone may claim him on reentry waivers and then the rangers are on the hook for soe portion of his salary.... if i remember right the isles said they would claim him if he was brought back up

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Balej20*

If this knee injury has the same affect to his game as Prucha's knee injury had on his game, we're screwed for a long time.

Outside of Lundqvist, this is the only guy we couldn't afford to have get hurt.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Defenseman Darius Kasparaitis was taken by ambulance to Hartford Hospital for observation after Wolf Pack practice yesterday, apparently suffering from shortness of breath, according to Bruce Berlet of the Hartford Courant.

In a phone call a few minutes ago, Berlet said Kasparaitis, who has been rehabbing from off-season abdominal surgery and hasn't been playing in games recently, left the ice and was on the bench "sobbing uncontrollably' and was consoled by coaches

Kasparaitis, 34, cleared waivers after appearing in 24 games for the Rangers, and has been in Hartford since Jan. 27. It was his second stint in the minors this season; the first was for the entire month of November for rehab. When he returned, he played 17 consecutive games for the Rangers before being re-assigned again.

The team was en route to Philadelphia and Berlet was going to check on Kaspar's condition later.
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Screaming Banshee

I don't think Kasper is coming up. Look at what Sam just wrote:

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Screaming Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
eco's bones

One thing with Pck is the Rangers haven't shown a lot of faith in him--and there's a question of whether he'll be back or even want to be back next year. That might be a factor in whether they decide to bring up Baranka or not who seems to be playing really well right now. Girardi looks like he's going to be pretty dependable besides. He looks like he's going to be around for a while. All this also might have an effect on whether Rachunek comes back or not. With Staal and Baranka waiting in the wings--we might have a lot of young defensemen on the team next year. Kaspar would probably make a good coach but I don't see him making the Rangers again--certainly not this year.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
i dont think so ... isnt he hurt? anyways the rangers dont wanna call him up for fear that someone may claim him on reentry waivers and then the rangers are on the hook for soe portion of his salary.... if i remember right the isles said they would claim him if he was brought back up
Isles cap figure changed since. They cannot fit Kaspar in anymore, correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
03-02-2007, 03:33 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
"Renney said the team is considering calling someone up from Hartford"

Man they are really never gonna give Pock a full shot huh?
They need to bring someone else up to be the backup #7 guy.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote