HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Milan Lucic

Old
04-13-2014, 03:09 PM
crowi
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanFranzenstein View Post
Would Boston or Anaheim fans make a deal around Lucic for Perry?
Ducks wouldn't trade Perry for Lucic. And I'm a fan of both teams and players.

crowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Chet Donnelly
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Eberle + 3rd overall pick
I'd take that and run if I was GM of Boston.

Chet Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Cannot think of another player like him? Didn't try too hard did ya! Wayne Simmonds is one. Jamie Benn...Perry are just 3
Jamie Benn (not seeing him play often) from the sounds of it, is a very capable power forward, but doesn't play with the same mean streak that Lucic plays with.

Corey Perry is a dominant sniper and has a higher point total, but not anywhere close to the mean streak.

Both of these guys are better players, but don't play with the toughness of Lucic IMO.

Maybe Wayne Simmonds, but I feel Lucic >>> Simmonds. Once again, Lucic plays a rougher game, or atleast known for it.

Starting this thread, just want to know what his value is to other teams and to Boston. For how Boston plays, if I were a fan of the team, I wouldn't even want to do an Ovie for Lucic swap.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Cannot think of another player like him? Didn't try too hard did ya! Wayne Simmonds is one. Jamie Benn...Perry are just 3
Dustin Byfuglien (as a forward).

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:47 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
Anaheim would laugh and rightfully so unless the Bruins were to add substantially.
Pretty much this. Lucic is a unique player... but if someone asked me for a list of wingers who are unequivocally superior, Perry would be one of the few on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Eberle + 3rd overall pick
I sincerely doubt the Oil would offer this. Yet, simultaneously, I'm uncertain that the B's would accept, Lucic is ... so... so integral to their identity.

Goodness though, with Ekblad potentially on the table (not sure he's not Sunrise-bound) it would be really, really hard not to pull the trigger (and I'm not high on Eberle at ALL). The B's certainly come out on top value-wise....

TooMuchMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 09:32 PM
David Krejci*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Jamie Benn (not seeing him play often) from the sounds of it, is a very capable power forward, but doesn't play with the same mean streak that Lucic plays with.

Corey Perry is a dominant sniper and has a higher point total, but not anywhere close to the mean streak.

Both of these guys are better players, but don't play with the toughness of Lucic IMO.

Maybe Wayne Simmonds, but I feel Lucic >>> Simmonds. Once again, Lucic plays a rougher game, or atleast known for it.

Starting this thread, just want to know what his value is to other teams and to Boston. For how Boston plays, if I were a fan of the team, I wouldn't even want to do an Ovie for Lucic swap.
I agree with all of this.

And as for the proposed Eberle +3rd overall, no way from the Bruins end. We are not rebuilding, Lucic > Eberle and is an integral part of our identity and leader in our locker room. Also he is proven to be dominant in the playoffs.

David Krejci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:55 AM
THE Green Man

Simply put there is no player in the league remotely close to him. Perry and Benn maybe with the hands, but as said no mean streak. Buff doesn't have as good of hands but he has the mean streak.

He's simply way too valuable to the B's for anyone to get him. Although I'd love him to come home to Vancouver.. But when you talk about the big bad bruins, Lucic pops into mind before anyone and that includes Chara.

THE Green Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Fraser28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Most dominant and celebrated 60 point scorer in the league, no doubt about it...
Yeah, it's all about the other things he brings to the table. Extremely intimidating and tough; he hits and fights. He causes other teams to make mistakes when they see him charging toward them. And perhaps most important: he has the potential to completely take over when he activates beast mode. See: third period of game 7 against Toronto and Stanley Cup Final against Chicago as most recent Playoff examples.

Fraser28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 02:38 PM
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE

vCash: 595
He is the PERFECT winger for the Pens. But Boston would never trade him to us.

For *****

Bennett+Pouliot+2015 1st+Harrington

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Oates2Neely

Lucic is The Bruins. He is the teams heartbeat. The momentum shifter. He scores big goals at big moments, pounds the snot out of opposing dmen to the point they avoid skating into corners with him, & he can scrap. This kid is about as untouchable as they come IMO. & I never like to toss that phrase around. Lucic Bergeron Chara should remain Bruins until eternally

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:12 PM
eco's bones

Lucic would cost the Rangers Ryan McDonagh which I don't think I'd be comfortable with. Lucic is an unique player. No other scoring power forward in the league plays with nearly as much of the combination of all of physicality and aggression and skill.

On the Rangers I'd offer any of our players with the exception of Lundqvist and McDonagh and almost probably a package of players/prospects/draft picks.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Lucic is The Bruins. He is the teams heartbeat. The momentum shifter. He scores big goals at big moments, pounds the snot out of opposing dmen to the point they avoid skating into corners with him, & he can scrap. This kid is about as untouchable as they come IMO. & I never like to toss that phrase around. Lucic Bergeron Chara should remain Bruins until eternally
Why is it when I read this I pictured him standing on a mountain top with a cape on and just before he leaps off shouts....Bruinman....AWAY!!!

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Why is it when I read this I pictured him standing on a mountain top with a cape on and just before he leaps off shouts....Bruinman....AWAY!!!
Replace the mountain with a turtled Komisarek & it's pretty close! Just add the cape!

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Replace the mountain with a turtled Komisarek & it's pretty close! Just add the cape!
Either way.....that post was funny, especially when you read it with that picture in your mind.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks94 View Post
Simply put there is no player in the league remotely close to him. Perry and Benn maybe with the hands, but as said no mean streak. Buff doesn't have as good of hands but he has the mean streak.

He's simply way too valuable to the B's for anyone to get him. Although I'd love him to come home to Vancouver.. But when you talk about the big bad bruins, Lucic pops into mind before anyone and that includes Chara.
I would say that Buff has very good hands, but not as much of a mean streak as Lucic. I think that's what separates Lucic from a player like Buff - Lucic is just a more intense and nasty individual, and other players fear him. He is a really malevolent force. If Buff had the same demeanor as Lucic they'd be scraping bodies off the boards from all around the NHL. These plays come too seldom...

As for good hands, this is not an atypical Buff play and shot. I love how Phaneuf breaks his stick slashing him on the shot and Big Buff doesn't even notice.

Old
04-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Chieftans22*

Buff had an amazing season. However, Lucic is still 4 years younger and more accustomed to the position consistently.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:43 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
He is the PERFECT winger for the Pens. But Boston would never trade him to us.

For *****

Bennett+Pouliot+2015 1st+Harrington

Needs more quantity. Like maybe some late round picks, minor league long shots, and 5th string goalies. I think that would do it.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
...thank God you aren't...

BruinLVGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:48 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Most teams won't be willing up what the Bruins would ask for. And value-wise, the other team wouldn't really want to (or even laugh at the proposal).

Lucic is the poster boy for the Bruins right now.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
missingmika

John Scott straight up.... Tim Murray hailed as the savior of HFBoards as Bruins fans would stop talking about John Scott.

missingmika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:45 PM
tacogeoff

vCash: 50
Man i would love him on the Jets. would love to swap E.Kane for Lucic all day.

tacogeoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by D204 View Post
Buff had an amazing season. However, Lucic is still 4 years younger and more accustomed to the position consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Man i would love him on the Jets. would love to swap E.Kane for Lucic all day.
I think Lucic is more valuable than Buff for many reasons, including his age.

I was just musing about who else in the NHL has anything like Lucic's physical dominance and skill level. Buff is a pretty unusual package of size and skill too.

Old
04-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
I think a better question is how much his next contract will be for?

Probably 8 years, $56 million.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 03:44 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
I am sure that I am just one of many who are happy you are not the Bruins GM.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
MakeTheIronSing

He's a generational blank cheque player.

There is no price, he's... well you know

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote