HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
03-02-2007, 12:10 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

vCash: 500
Artem Anisimov

Can someone give me their opinions on him? I know he really isn't putting up points over there in Russia, but that is how the league works right? Is he going to come over here next year, or stay in Russia for another season? I know when he was drafted he was predicted to be a top 2 line center, is that still the case?

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
NYR469

the rangers supposedly want to get him signed and over here playing in hartford next year, and i think he's interested too. so it should hopefully get done as long as there are no transfer issues. but we'll see how it pans out over the summer...

and the draft projections of any player shouldn't change after only 1 year no matter what.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Edge

The talent is there to be a top 6 forward.

However he still has developing to do. He has to make better use of his linemates, definatly has to get stronger and he needs to add overall experience and polish to his game.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
Can someone give me their opinions on him? I know he really isn't putting up points over there in Russia, but that is how the league works right? Is he going to come over here next year, or stay in Russia for another season? I know when he was drafted he was predicted to be a top 2 line center, is that still the case?
This thread and the Tyutin one, man your hobbies must be fantasy hockey and breaking rules.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Nah I hadn't seen many articles about Artem, I guess cause hes over in Russia and not playing in a Canadian league or NCAA. And I didnt see the Tyutin injury last night, I just saw MCL sprain, out for remainder of game. I know that is just a way of saying he messed up his knee and we will do an MRI later. Hes matured well and I dont want to see him go the way of Kloucek. Thank you very much

Old
03-02-2007, 01:25 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This thread and the Tyutin one, man your hobbies must be fantasy hockey and breaking rules.
Did a fantasy sports billboard fall on you once or something? You seem very diligent when it comes to calling them out.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Did a fantasy sports billboard fall on you once or something? You seem very diligent when it comes to calling them out.
I think its obnoxious to come over to any teams board and just throwing up a thread without doing any of the research, which wouldn't take long. Instead we get multiple threads and poster spending time to respond for these selfish idiots.

And not to mention there is a fantasy board specifically for this stuff.

If the mods don't care why not just sticky a thread for 'Fantasy hockey questions'...

Old
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Quote:
I think its obnoxious to come over to any teams board and just throwing up a thread without doing any of the research, which wouldn't take long. Instead we get multiple threads and poster spending time to respond for these selfish idiots.

And not to mention there is a fantasy board specifically for this stuff.

If the mods don't care why not just sticky a thread for 'Fantasy hockey questions'...
I come looking for information on a second round pick of my favorite team and I start getting ragged on for what reason? I get tons of info on Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, Korpi, Jessiman and everyone else, but I never see anything about Artem. I can't ask a question about a possible future center now? And even if I did play fantasy hockey, Artem is what, like 4 years away from even possibly playing in the NHL? I would have to reeeeeaaallly love fantasy hockey to be that dedicated

Old
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I come looking for information on a second round pick of my favorite team and I start getting ragged on for what reason? I get tons of info on Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, Korpi, Jessiman and everyone else, but I never see anything about Artem. I can't ask a question about a possible future center now? And even if I did play fantasy hockey, Artem is what, like 4 years away from even possibly playing in the NHL? I would have to reeeeeaaallly love fantasy hockey to be that dedicated
Sorry man, way too many fantasy dinks in here just hours after one of our guys goes down. Same when Shanny was hurt.

Old
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
skidrangers

Quote:
Sorry man, way too many fantasy dinks in here just hours after one of our guys goes down. Same when Shanny was hurt.
Your going to scare people away, don't know what was wrong with that honest question. I too would like some info on artem.

skidrangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

According to Don Maloney,Artem Anisimov's contract with his Russian team expires after this season so the Rangers do not need a transfer agreement in place to bring Anisimov over to the NHL

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:13 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Again, I was asking for personal opinions. But before anyone gets thrown off, I got all the info I need. He's green, his contract is up, the Rangers plan on getting him over here next year. I think he will be under 20 so he can't go to the AHL and will have to go to one of the Candadian leagues. He's a tall guy but not a big guy, and will need alot of time to grow into his frame. Thank you everyone who gave their opinions, and to those who thought it was a stupid link, don't give your opinion next time and the only time you will have wasted is the time you spent reading my original post, and for that I am sorry.

Old
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Again, I was asking for personal opinions. But before anyone gets thrown off, I got all the info I need. He's green, his contract is up, the Rangers plan on getting him over here next year. I think he will be under 20 so he can't go to the AHL and will have to go to one of the Candadian leagues. He's a tall guy but not a big guy, and will need alot of time to grow into his frame. Thank you everyone who gave their opinions, and to those who thought it was a stupid link, don't give your opinion next time and the only time you will have wasted is the time you spent reading my original post, and for that I am sorry.
I'm not sure if hes eligable for the AHL or not. Did the AHL rules change at all in coordination with the new NHL CBA? Didnt Kloucek play in the AHL as a 19 year old?

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I'm not sure if hes eligable for the AHL or not. Did the AHL rules change at all in coordination with the new NHL CBA? Didnt Kloucek play in the AHL as a 19 year old?
He can play in the AHL. That rule only applies to CHL players.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
It's not like he hijacked a pre-existing thread. If you don't like it, don't respond.
Responding is not the point, theres a reason why the 'prospect' thread is stickied. Hell, theres a reason why you can search past threads. This is one if not the most frequented board on any given day. Again, most of the time alot of great hockey fans come here and go about asking and finding out info the right way. But then you have the lazy guys who don't have time to 'look things up'. Just seems rude to me so they get it right back from Bluenote. I always took retaliation penalties in juniors so I know i'm not the easy going banana in the bunch

Old
03-02-2007, 03:29 PM
dank

some small updates/info/pictures on Anisimov, cuz im bored and need to practice my Russian..

check it out, looks like he's on a line with Igor Ulanov (3rd guy from the left; former Ranger) and some guy named Aleksei Kudashov. both guys are over 36 years old, Ulanov = 38.. good = experience, veteran help, bad = buried down on lower lines with older, presumably slower players..

this is from 2/19, looks like he's filled out a bit from draft day, which is a good thing..

on the site they list him as 192/86 which is roughly 6'4" & 190 lbs.. not much change from the NYR site which has him at 6'3" 187 lbs.. but both are most probably from the beginning of the season..

another misc. pic for size reference..

let me know if this is useful/interesting, i can try and find more..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 05:40 PM
RedLightDistrict

This is The Hockey News Future Watch's take on Anisimov. Right now he is ranked as the 5th rated prospect in the Rangers vault, and 75th overall.

Quote:
"As pleasant a surprise for me as anyone," Maloney said of the two-way center. "He reminds me of Steve Rucchin, a big-bodied guy who is very responsible without the puck, but who can make the plays and go to the net."

Anisimov needs to develop upper body strength and the Rangers would like to sign him and bring him to North America as a 19-yo next season. A lengthy tour of duty in the AHL is a certainty
Hope This helps

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 05:44 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
I think hes awesome from what I've seen. Should be a gem imo.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 06:02 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

thanks for all the info everybody. I hope this doesn't start another pissing match, but I have another question/comment. So if your 19, and played in the CHL or OHL or whatever, you can't play in the AHL until your season is over, like Staal last year and probably this year. But if you are from Russia, or Europe, or whatever, you can play in the AHL when you are under 20?

Old
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny1024 View Post
This is The Hockey News Future Watch's take on Anisimov. Right now he is ranked as the 5th rated prospect in the Rangers vault, and 75th overall.

Hope This helps
The key for him is still what I said it was when he was drafted, he is a long-term asset. This is a guy who is going to need development time. Time to grow his skills, time to mature as a person and time to fill out as a player.

Old
03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
The key for him is still what I said it was when he was drafted, he is a long-term asset. This is a guy who is going to need development time. Time to grow his skills, time to mature as a person and time to fill out as a player.
i see as that as well, but my question to you is: What would you do with him for next year?

bring him over, to CHL/AHL/NHL?
leave him there to develop, grow, learn etc.

i have no idea, but im curious as to your opinion..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i see as that as well, but my question to you is: What would you do with him for next year?

bring him over, to CHL/AHL/NHL?
leave him there to develop, grow, learn etc.

i have no idea, but im curious as to your opinion..
Personally I think I'd bring him over and either play him in the CHL or the AHL/ECHL.

Korpikoski I think is a guy, because of his two way nature, that wasn't terribly harmed by staying in Europe.

Anisimov is a guy who needs to start getting the minutes and working towards developing that offense and playmaking ability. Even if it's in the ECHL and it means getting a ton of minutes, that will be a big step forward.

The problem with a lot of the European leagues is their have little incentive to develop these fairly high-ranking prospects. They know they are going to leave, so why should they invest in a guy that isn't go to play for them. You can't blame them for going with the vets whom they can actually depend on to be around.

Artem ideally should be in NA next season. Ideally I think Juniors would be best.

He is talented, but the kid is going to need time and I think he needs to be brought along step by step. The 2006 draft class is a long term project, moreso than a lot of recent Ranger drafts.

Old
03-03-2007, 04:40 AM
free0717

Quote:
thanks for all the info everybody. I hope this doesn't start another pissing match, but I have another question/comment. So if your 19, and played in the CHL or OHL or whatever, you can't play in the AHL until your season is over, like Staal last year and probably this year. But if you are from Russia, or Europe, or whatever, you can play in the AHL when you are under 20?
Yes, that is the rule. It is an agreement the NHL has with the CHL. They cannot take underage players unless they play in the NHL.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Ola

Edge- I can't say this for sure, but my impression of Anisimovs offensive game was that it was pretty well developed. I get your point about where to play him, and would agree with you if I didn't thought Anisimovs offensive game were more developed.

And if thats the case, its impossible to proof with defenite evidence, but I defenitly belives that in terms of %, Europeans develop better in Europe then in the NA. There are examples of Europeans gooing to NA real early and then becomming big stars, but if someone did a serious scientific study over whats best for european kids, staying in Europe or gooing to NA, I think it would show by a wide margin, that its best for them to stay at home. This even despite getting really few minutes as a 18-19 y/o.

Their is now doubt that Anisimov rather sooner then later will play a big role in the RSL, he is that good. It will be impossible for them not to play him, while Anisimovs upside in the NHL might be questionable (1st-4th line center?), the upside for him in the RSL aren't, for them he is like a young Joe Thornton. And no matter how little interest Boston would have had in developing him, they would have played him as a 19-20 y/o.

I am not all that worried about playingtime for Anisimov at this point. I mean, first of all, how many minutes is optimal (from a development point of view) to play for a 18 y/o? I defenitly don't belive that its 70-80 games times 20 minutes. I am pretty sold on that playing 30 games times 20 minutes is better then playing 70. Anisimov have played for Yaroslavs farm team this season, and he have probably played atleast 20 games for the Russian WJC team. In addition to playing on a 4th line in the RSL.

I defenitly belives that he is much better of playing in the situation he is now in the RSL, then the CHL or ECHL. I also belive that statisticly, he is much better there then in the AHL, though there also remain to be seen how much our program in HFD will pay off. Thats something I am not sold on yet, that its a good development situation. It remains to be seen of how our kids who defenitly have developed down their does in the NHL, I am defenitly not impressed with the AHL as a league right now. It have gone from beeing up there with the best leagues in the world outside of the NHL, to C-tier league after the new rules were inforced.

Though, there is that darn 2 year rule and we atleast have to sign him next season... Though IMO the AHL or the RSL are the only leagues I would look at.

Last edited by Ola: 03-03-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
check it out, looks like he's on a line with Igor Ulanov (3rd guy from the left; former Ranger) and some guy named Aleksei Kudashov. both guys are over 36 years old, Ulanov = 38.. good = experience, veteran help, bad = buried down on lower lines with older, presumably slower players..

let me know if this is useful/interesting, i can try and find more..

Where in the world are you getting this from? Ulanov is a defenceman and Kudashov is Lokomotiv's first line center... since Anisimov himself is a center, they most definitely aren't his linemates and never have been. Conversly, Paul Gardner has recently been playing Anisimov on the 4th line (and occassionally the 3rd) with consistently varying linemates including Artyukhin, Mikhnov, Churilov, Rudenko, Lapenkov, Vasyunov, etc. Suffice to say, all of these guys are fairly young, and for the most part, not particularly slow. I think that Russian of yours does need some work indeed.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote