HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Info on Kaspar?

Old
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Mark my words Kasper shall return to the NHL...........Just better not be with the Rangers.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Defenseman Darius Kasparaitis was taken by ambulance to Hartford Hospital for observation after Wolf Pack practice yesterday, apparently suffering from shortness of breath, according to Bruce Berlet of the Hartford Courant.

In a phone call a few minutes ago, Berlet said Kasparaitis, who has been rehabbing from off-season abdominal surgery and hasn't been playing in games recently, left the ice and was on the bench "sobbing uncontrollably' and was consoled by coaches

Kasparaitis, 34, cleared waivers after appearing in 24 games for the Rangers, and has been in Hartford since Jan. 27. It was his second stint in the minors this season; the first was for the entire month of November for rehab. When he returned, he played 17 consecutive games for the Rangers before being re-assigned again.

The team was en route to Philadelphia and Berlet was going to check on Kaspar's condition later.
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:14 PM
bleedblue94

was just about to post that

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

'Sobbing uncotrollably'

Lets not take this the wrong way, lets wait and NOT speculate for once. This is one man saying thsi so far, from 2nd hand sources so lets just have patience. Yes, ironic that i'm asking for patience

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

yeah, i just read that...what Kaspar starts sobbing uncontrolably, theres a major problem....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
'Sobbing uncotrollably'

Lets not take this the wrong way, lets wait and NOT speculate for once. This is one man saying thsi so far, from 2nd hand sources so lets just have patience. Yes, ironic that i'm asking for patience
i dont think anyone thinks he broke down and started crying because he didnt make a roster or something. i know when i had a brain aneurysm back in college i had some strange symptoms as well and shortness of breath was one of them...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i dont think anyone thinks he broke down and started crying because he didnt make a roster or something. i know when i had a brain aneurysm back in college i had some strange symptoms as well and shortness of breath was one of them...
Great, you're already confused.

I'm not saying he was crying for whatever reason, i'm saying maybe he wasn't crying 'uncontrollably', lets wait until more is known other than ONE guys report.

Btw, you should all go out and see "BABEL"

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 04:21 PM
eco's bones

Well the realization that he is done might have set in after no apparent interest at the trade deadline. His game went south real fast and it's too bad--and I agree his skating is his biggest problem now--I liked him a lot even though we were paying him too much. What I'd like to see--and I'm not sure altogether how it works--is him to retire and his cap hit going off our books. They could pay him the balance of the contract for all I care if it doesn't effect that. I actually think though he would make a very good coach and we have a lot of young defensemen that could learn a thing or two or three from him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Haha Berlet was probably the only media member at practice. Team gets no coverage around here.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Balej20*

Wow, I'm really starting to feel bad for Darius. He's having one hell of a terrible year. First the injury, then the surgery, then he gets divorced, then he gets kicked to the minor leagues...now this. It's hard not to feel bad for this guy right now.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Poor Kaspar, hes fell on really tough times.

Get Well Soon.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 05:43 PM
KasparKrunch

this is horrible
i am so upset. i think i may be on the next flight to hartford.

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Great, you're already confused.

I'm not saying he was crying for whatever reason, i'm saying maybe he wasn't crying 'uncontrollably', lets wait until more is known other than ONE guys report.

Btw, you should all go out and see "BABEL"
i've been wanting to go see that movie since the previews were out, but they only showed it in the city and no where near my area

think it's coming out on dvd/ppv soon, definitely will check it out

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i've been wanting to go see that movie since the previews were out, but they only showed it in the city and no where near my area

think it's coming out on dvd/ppv soon, definitely will check it out
It's out on DVD now. Buy that and buy the Departed. Both are great movies.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
NYRMatt

Kaspar is now fine.

I feel bad for possibly one of my favorite Rangers.

He went through so much, during so little time.

I really hope he pulls through.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 07:03 PM
shoothepuck

Cry me a river, at 3 mil +

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 08:52 PM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Wow. This doesn't sound good at all.

He really needs a positive break.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:31 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch View Post
this is horrible
i am so upset. i think i may be on the next flight to hartford.

just drive there, its like what an hour.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:56 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
im not being childish nor am i joking. the guys game has dropped of tremendously since last year. hes slow, and that is crucial for a guy who lives on his physicality. if you cant catch guys to hit them, and your whole game is based on hitting people, youre in trouble.

lets be honest here, Kaspar just isnt the same guy.
Word going around is a reinjury to his groin. If so that's bad. Didn't he have the surgery done in europe? I know 1st hand how long that recovery is having had my son have it. He played all season with it and ended up with tears on both sides. Anyone who has that kind of injury needs to have it done by Dr. William Meyers in Philly at Drexel-Hanneman University Hospital. He's the James Andrews of abdominal tears. Hasek was there the day we visited him and Dom elected to have his done in europe. If I remember right he had an off year too the year after the surgery. They tell you that it takes 6-8 weeks to comeback, but maybe it was because my son had double surgery that he took far longer and he's a kid that works his butt off and prides himself in his fitness.

I will say that for a long time he lost a step, quickness more than straight out speed if you can relate to that type of difference. It took him from April when he had the surgery until after their fall season before he regained his quickness. All told it was almost a full year. By the following spring he was back and I actually thought better than before. Meyers I believe insert stainless steel surgical mesh into the tear, which allows the muscle to grow through the screen and reinforces the weaken area. Otherwise if not done in this manner the tear may very well occur again.

A host of NFL, NHL & MLBB players have had the procedure done by Meyers. He's an excellent doctor and I strongly recommend him to anyone that has that kind of injury. Meyers was the national team doctor for the US Men's soccer program when my son's coach played for the US National team and that is how we lucked out into finding him.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:05 PM
The Thomas J.*

There has been alot of hatred for Kasper on this board, I'm not sure if thats related to fans just never being able to get over him being a former opponent. whatever the case may be, I was one of those people His first year here I was filled with dislike towards him, I was not a favor of the signing, or the contract. Kaspers first year year was terrible to say the least. He followed up his 2nd year in blue with a terrific season. I believe that he was the driving force on the team that year, when he was injured in Boston on Presidents day It was the end of our season.

Fast forward to the post lock out era Kasper was kept and he proved once again to be a valuable asset, on & off the ice, he helped Tuytin along as well as along with Rucchin helped carry the burden of the Captaincy to Make Jagr feel more comfortable. His signing DID bring a lot of intangables to the Rangers

The guy played though two tough injury's and never complained. He had two major off season injury's and has worked very hard to get back to where he was. Sadly it has not happened yet. Hopefully with a full off season of rehab he will be back to where he was.

There was always the question as too why the Rangers kind of brushed him off in training camp the way they did. I had not realized he has his groin surgery's in Europe. That may be why the Rangers took such a position. I was under the impression the Rangers had the best sports medicine Dr.s in the industry, world renowned. I do know that a player can seek his own medical treatment usually against the wishes of the team he is playing for.

In any event the Fans treatment towards him has been uncalled for in some instances. I may have become more Bias since I met him at a concert a few months ago, & he really was such a nice guy he talked with me for a few seconds and signed an autograph. What Impressed me more was he was not a big guy at all.

Anyway I hope he gets back to the NHL.

Last edited by The Thomas J.*: 03-03-2007 at 03:26 PM.
The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:29 AM
KasparKrunch

he was granted an unconditional leave by the Hartford Wolfpack

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:14 AM
dkich96

Kasper we are cheering for you... keep your head up just like you did playing for Dinamo when everyone else was getting the credit!!!

Ps boys and girls lets cheer for this man, he did great things for our team...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Ola

Could be my english, but I get a feeling Kaspar had a breakdown? Sobbing uncontrollably on the bench.

Also, I doubt anyone have hated Kaspar the way Malik are hated on here. But its time to face reality, nobody is bigger then the club, especially not Kaspar. He is getting paid allot to do what he does, and he have defenitly not been treated unfair in anyway. If anything Girardi would be treated unfair if he weren't played over Kaspar.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Wolf Pack defenseman Darius Kasparaitis has been given a leave of absence after leaving practice Friday because of shortness of breath.

Kasparaitis, a 14-year NHL veteran on his second assignment from the Rangers after clearing waivers, was taken by ambulance to Middlesex Hospital, where he had tests and was released. He will be out indefinitely, and possibly for the season after not being placed on the playoff roster
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Old
03-06-2007, 07:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Steve Zipay is a moron

Quote:
Darius Kasparaitis may have played his last game as a Ranger.

Kasparaitis is owed $3 million next season, and the Rangers might buy out his contract
http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

Kasparaitis played his last game as a Rangers before the latest incident

Kasparaitis is making $3.116 million next season.Buying out Kasparaitis would result in the Rangers taking two $1 million cap hits over the next two years.Kasparaitis should retire.His body has broken down and his health prevents him from playing at any effective level.Give him the Dan McGillis treatment