HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 81: Preds vs. Blackhawks | 7:00 PM CST | NBC Sports | Finale at the Stone!

Old
04-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
Rockford tried hard... Weber only a -1, despite being on the ice for 4 of Chicago's goals... I know +/- is a joke, but so is Weber's play in the defensive zone more often than not.

8-1-2 in their last 11... good for screwing up the draft...

GOLF PREDS GOLF!
Did Shea Weber run over your dog or something?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 01:35 PM
klt2001

^^^He probably just hit it w/ a puck.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Haha man what an awesome game; crazy ending.

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
I have to say, hearing the approx 12,000 Hawks fans cheer after they scored should have sealed the fate for Trotz if nothing else. I think I'll switch it over to the frozen four.
I have a bit of trouble believing the 12,000 number ... I had heard the previous game that 11,000 were coming. Either number seems high to me. I was at the game, and yes, there were a ton of Hawks fans there but 12,000? I think that's high.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Preds33

I believe it was closer to at least 60% Hawks fans if not more rather than 50/50. Either that or a bunch of Predator fans wore red to the game. There were nearly entire sections that were completely red. Even a good portion of section 303 was red.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

That was fun. Had great seats, we won and I trolled the hell out of some hawks fans.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 06:01 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

When I saw the empty-netter on TV, I had this fleeting thought: "Meh, not even the longest goal he's ever scored. He shot one from the third level into the net!"

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 06:50 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
So, should we not be happy about winning a game??

And as I am sure you know we beat them 3 out of 4 with their full roster....
Meh be happy but the chest pumping like the Preds actually did something last night. Just pumping my brakes a little

It would be like another team chest pumping because they played and beat us while Weber, Josi, Horny, and Peks were out.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 04:17 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Fantastic game to end the home season Preds!

I can't believe they started out so slow, but wow did they turn it around. I was there and I didn't even realize that the Preds scored 5 goals in the third, that was awesome!

I loved Willy's goal calls from this game!

Winning almost makes up for being cursed and screamed at upon just entering the arena. I had both good and bad around me. The bad were across the aisle. Two couples, both in their 40's. The women were so drunk that before the 10 minute mark of the 1st period one woman had dropped a can of beer over the rail onto a Preds fan, spilled at least 2 cans on herself and the floor and once had it spilling out from her mouth. Classy.

On the other hand the group of 20 something guys behind me were nice guys. They were drunk, but they didn't spill a thing. A few of them and 2 teen Pred fans were teasing each other during the game but it was all in good fun and everyone laughed with each other. The one guy kept going on about how everything was great here, complimented the team, the fans, everything. And he at least was aware of the fact that it wasn't all that long ago that their team was sitting in last place in the entire league. Every time Weber got the puck one of these guys said oh god don't let him shoot. Every. Time, lol.

Of course after the game I was talking to another fan and I had to explain how the playoffs work now. He was trying to tell me that the hawks were going to play SJ in the 4/5 matchup. When I told him about the divisions and wild card and how they were likely playing StL his jaw dropped, he could not believe it and swore I was joking, haha!

They come in the arena screaming and leave silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I want to see another 7- something bashing of the hawks.
Nice call!! A little closer than I would have liked, but I will take scoring 7 against them every day!

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Game on national TV tonight on NBCSN and it doesn't mean anything playoff wise. No Kane and no Toews for the hawks. Announcers predicting that Weber will be a Norris finalist and that he would be the winner if they voted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Weber getting lots of love!!

Mike Johnson said he thinks Weber should win the Norris
FINALLY! It only took 81 games for people to seriously mention his name as a finalist/winner.

---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
This was a really fun game to watch. This just shows you, we can compete with anyone if you take away four all-stars from their team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
So, should we not be happy about winning a game??

And as I am sure you know we beat them 3 out of 4 with their full roster....
People conveniently forget that. And we beat their full roster with 3 different goalies- Rinne, Hutton, Mazanec.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote