HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

David Desharnais

Old
04-14-2014, 07:06 AM
HabsMtl

vCash: 500
David Desharnais

He has been killing it, after starting with just 1 point in his first 20 games, he finished with 52 in 79. He is signed for another 3 years at 3.5 million. What would you offer for him. And yes the Habs can/would move him. They have Pleks, Galchenyuk, Eller, Briere and hopefully Koivu who can play center.

HabsMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Treb

vCash: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsMtl View Post
He has been killing it, after starting with just 1 point in his first 20 games, he finished with 52 in 79. He is signed for another 3 years at 3.5 million. What would you offer for him. And yes the Habs can/would move him. They have Pleks, Galchenyuk, Eller, Briere and hopefully Koivu who can play center.
I laughed.

Also, I doubt DD gets moved, especially if we re-sign Vanek. The DD-Patches love story will continue a few years.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I laughed.

Also, I doubt DD gets moved, especially if we re-sign Vanek. The DD-Patches love story will continue a few years.
I would love to see him traded just to watch the talking heads at RDS implode when they lose their "gars de chez nous". they practically get on their knees to orally please him every time he has a point in a game....The great Québequois Hope.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I would love to see him traded just to watch the talking heads at RDS implode when they lose their "gars de chez nous". they practically get on their knees to orally please him every time he has a point in a game....The great Québequois Hope.
what is your problem? go somewhere else with your dumb political angst.

The guy has really solid chemistry and playmaking acument with his linemates, who are all producing ppg and he has a ridiculous contract for those #s. No reason tobe unhappy.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Tripod

He is sort of the Bozak is for the Leafs.

Puts up good stats and plays on the top line, but no one seens him as a top line guy.

You will not get better production from that $3.5 million so you should be keeping him.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:30 AM
mrinsane

Desharnais is great with Pacio and Eller can't replace him plus Galchenyuk is not ready to take his spot

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:43 AM
NA Scouting

Though he was garbage in the first month(s) of the season, he has made quite the incredible come back. The guy is a winner and has been a top scorer everywhere he has been. Won ECHL and AHL championships. He's just now coming into his own: he knows what he can get away with being only 5'6 and he uses every little gap to his advantage.

Obvious chemistry with Pac (and Vanek) + 1st-line playmaking abilities + elusive speedy dangler makes him a good bet to stick around for at least one more year or until he wastes the bed.

It is too bad because I would kill for Galchy to have a chance at that #1 C spot and play with Pac or Vanek (or both), but that likely won't happen with Plekanec and Desharnais around. He will likely start as the third C next year, whatever that means for Eller...

Habs will be in great shape once again next season, featuring Desharnais, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Vanek (hopefully) as their main top-6 forwards. Veterans like Gionta, Briere, Bourque could still be here, as well as Eller, and the youngsters like Leblanc, Andrighetto, Bournival and De La Rose will be pushing for spots. Great collection of grinders too with Prust, Weise, Moen, White, etc. That's a lot of depth, although I suspect worst-case scenario Bergevin might have to replace Vanek and perhaps Gionta, Bourque and Eller too. We'll see.

NA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:57 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsMtl View Post

Koivu,

jacks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:18 PM
HabsMtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Koivu,
A Habs fan wish that he comes back for his last year and retires a cup champion, with the Habs

HabsMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

I would still send him packing for not very much. Chuck or Pleks would have killed it too playing with Vanek and Patch.

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote