HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barry Trotz out as coach - Hired in Washington

Old
04-14-2014, 12:49 PM
JamestheSame

vCash: 500
Wow, this is shocking. I was expecting Trotz to be let go, but this is just wow....

It will be weird not seeing him behind the bench. I still think he should try out for a few villain roles in some movies.

Joking aside, thanks for everything you have done for this organization.

JamestheSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Is that playing musical chairs with head coaches over the next 5 years?
IF that's what it takes to move forward.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Byrddog

Yeah musical chairs are great just ask the Vol's.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
...or you can get it right quickly and not need the musical chairs. Ask the Ducks.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
31+ years for Poile as a GM in Nashville and Washington, no Stanley Cup

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Predsboro

Quote:
I agree its Poiles last stand. We will see by Jan. if the team has the right stuff. May see it before opening day. How much change will be determined by who is behind the bench.
I see Poile stepping down in the next year or two and Fenton being elevated to GM (unless another team gets Fenton first.) Not sure how much demand Fenton has around the league though, as he's interviewed before and not been hired. I think Poile's injury this year may have even accelerated his planned retirement in his eyes ... no pun intended.

As far as today's move, I have seriously mixed feelings on the move today at 501 Broadway. I do believe it's time, after 15 years, for a new voice behind the Nashville Predators bench; however, there is no classier, humble man in the league than Barry Trotz.

Selfishly for the city of Nashville, I hope Trotz stays with the organization but he will have several opportunities to continue as a coach in the NHL should that be his desire.

Here's to you Barry Trotz! Thanks for 15 years as bench boss; but most of all, for the incredible charity work you've done ...

#ThankYouTrotz

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
31+ years for Poile as a GM in Nashville and Washington, no Stanley Cup
Exactly. This was just a way for Poile to save his job. Too bad Trotz got the axe for Poile's screwup.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
thunderchief1994

Hi guys, hope you don't mind a Ranger fan crashing in with a couple of words.
I was stunned by seeing Trotz let go. He is a great coach and deserved better.
I feel for the Preds fans today, sorry guys, I hate when a good guy like Trotz gets crapped upon.

thunderchief1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:44 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchief1994 View Post
Hi guys, hope you don't mind a Ranger fan crashing in with a couple of words.
I was stunned by seeing Trotz let go. He is a great coach and deserved better.
I feel for the Preds fans today, sorry guys, I hate when a good guy like Trotz gets crapped upon.
Yeah, I can't believe they only gave him 15 years to get this going...

Old
04-14-2014, 01:45 PM
predfan98

What about Mueller? Why didn't he work out in Carolina? I thought I read somewhere that he probably wouldn't be there next year.............

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I see Poile stepping down in the next year or two and Fenton being elevated to GM (unless another team gets Fenton first.) Not sure how much demand Fenton has around the league though, as he's interviewed before and not been hired. I think Poile's injury this year may have even accelerated his planned retirement in his eyes ... no pun intended.

As far as today's move, I have seriously mixed feelings on the move today at 501 Broadway. I do believe it's time, after 15 years, for a new voice behind the Nashville Predators bench; however, there is no classier, humble man in the league than Barry Trotz.

Selfishly for the city of Nashville, I hope Trotz stays with the organization but he will have several opportunities to continue as a coach in the NHL should that be his desire.

Here's to you Barry Trotz! Thanks for 15 years as bench boss; but most of all, for the incredible charity work you've done ...

#ThankYouTrotz
I have those same mixed feeling and think it is time as well. What I disagree with is the assumption that this group of forwards will automatically make this team competitive in the central. It is in fact nauseating to think they will be marginally better. And if there not its Coach X's fault or the GM's fault. Of course they have some blame especially DP he is the one responsible for putting together a competitive team. We have no idea yet which direction the team will go. Yet people tout the current failed forwards getting the team back into contention in two years. It just puzzles me.

I have been pretty critical on players in the past but that's nothing to what it could play out to be. Again we have no idea what direction the FO will point this listing ship from a leadership standpoint. And in the next ten weeks leading up to the draft will be interesting to say the least. But if the team goes to camp essentially unchanged the organization will have just pissed away a pretty darn good coach for nothing.

Old
04-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Damn Trigg if you were half as critical about the guys on the ice you could be my twin.

Old
04-14-2014, 01:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Exactly. This was just a way for Poile to save his job. Too bad Trotz got the axe for Poile's screwup.
Sounds to me like this came from above Poile.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
thunderchief1994

Quote:
I think he had to as they say, "dance with the one they brung".
He had the parts that were given to him by management. I think he did the best he could with those parts. I really respect Trotz.

thunderchief1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Damn Trigg if you were half as critical about the guys on the ice you could be my twin.
Well, if they crap the bed under a different system maybe I wll.

I've seen Weber play under different systems and thrive so I know he's good.

I've seen Smith thrive under different systems too, so........

Old
04-14-2014, 01:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchief1994 View Post
I think he had to as they say, "dance with the one they brung".
He had the parts that were given to him by management. I think he did the best he could with those parts. I really respect Trotz.
I respect Trotz too but his systems were boring and he's struggle with developing offensive players. Could be the talent, could be his system, we'll soon find out.

Old
04-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Preds33

Quote:

So Weber isn't thriving here? 3rd in points by a defenseman, 1st in goals by a defenseman, only a -2 on a very minus team. I don't know what more he could do here to not thrive? The fact he is in talks to be a Norris finalist again for the 3rd time on such a team speaks the truth, he has thrived here, just hasn't had the forward support to get him a Cup.

Old
04-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Byrddog

Quote:

Theres no question about Weber hes an elite player. Now if he comes mout next year and is a beast all year long we can assume Trotz held him back some. But he had a pretty darn good year for a defenseman. And if he were in one of the original cities he would get more consideration for the Norris. For the matter of the D im ok with all of them except Bartly who needs to be left on the side of the road IMO. I do think they are still too young and a couple veterans would help them out.

The offense is such a hot mess it would not hurt my feelings in the least if every one of them are replaced minus Hook. Putting ones eggs in a basket that a new system will transform any of these minus Hook to top 6 players is akin to going into a season with no solid back-up goalie. Ohhh we have tried that.

Old
04-14-2014, 02:06 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Whatever they do, they might as well blow the team up at this point. The new coach will be here maybe 2 years before being shown the door.
Lol

Yea let's just stick with the same plan that's won us all but two playoff series in 16 years

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 02:09 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I just could not disagree with this more- whoever the new coach is, he is going to have great talent on defense (quite possibly could be the most talented d in the whole NHL the next 2-3 year). Also set at goaltender IF Pekka returns to his old form (a big if at this point I admit).

But who exactly on on this team can't stand or undergo a system change?? If anything, some of the young talent we have at forward NEED A SYSTEM CHANGE. Smith, Wilson, Forsberg, Jarnkrok, heck even Stalberg- you think those guys are best suited for a Trotz-like system??? I think its just the opposite- a system change could be just what many of our forwards need............

We absolutely do NOT need to blow it up...........

Old
04-14-2014, 02:11 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Is that playing musical chairs with head coaches over the next 5 years?
Dude these comments of yours are getting old. You have no proof that we will go through anything like that.
It is time for a change. Trotz has to go. He's been here since day one and won us nothing. Even Weber and Poile noticed a change was needed with the HC

Old
04-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Lol

Yea let's just stick with the same plan that's won us all but two playoff series in 16 years
We kinda are keeping the same plan by keeping Poile, unless that is part of the announcement this afternoon, that Poile is stepping down.

Sorry if my comments are getting old. I just don't see how you can fault Trotz without faulting Poile. Poile keeping his job is what has me ticked off, as he built the team after all.

Old
04-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
We kinda are keeping the same plan by keeping Poile, unless that is part of the announcement this afternoon, that Poile is stepping down.

Sorry if my comments are getting old. I just don't see how you can fault Trotz without faulting Poile. Poile keeping his job is what has me ticked off, as he built the team after all.
I agree with you to an extent with the team that he has assembled. But how much longer were we all going to be able to take trotz and his dumb lines and coaching decisions? His philosophies don't work. He puts young players in the doghouse when they shouldn't be. And even if they're not in the doghouse, our young offensive guys get paired with Clunes and Gaustads.

The thing that pisses me off most with him, is a veteran can make all the mistakes in the world and not get punished. Whereas a youngster does, he's benched for the rest of the game

Old
04-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Byrddog

Quote:

Exactly, and it is mind numbing that not one player is called out for there short comings. There was even a post indicating that this could turn Stalberg around. The GM and Head coach are not the only members of the organization making millions. Totz has been held accountable now how about the rest.

If DP does in fact step down Katy bar the door by game one of the preseason this will be a totally different looking roster.

Old
04-14-2014, 02:19 PM
PFL615

Quote:

Agree after 15 years Poile has no business being the GM of the Nashville Predators. If Trotz goes so should he. If he wouldn't of got the "new" toy Jarnkrok from a very desperate injury ridden Wings team everyone would be wanting Poile gone as well.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote