HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Downie suspension coming

Old
03-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Dizzy

vCash: 500
Nice, I was going to the Spits-Rangers game tonight because of Downie. Then I check the paper this morning and see that he's suspended. It bugs me that I haven't been able to see Downie play live since the Flyers drafted him. Guess I'll have to wait for a Flyers game.

Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 01:10 PM
AdsSabresRule

Avery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
Horse maneure. With or without his antics he'll be no worse than Avery, who thrives in this league.
Yeah, but Avery can play the game too. He is not your typical 'grinder/4th liner' who is there just to stir crap up - i.e. a Jordin Tootoo. But, Avery does take being a "#%^&*" to another level! (But, I guess that's why a lot of teams would love to have him with them!) IMO

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Nice, I was going to the Spits-Rangers game tonight because of Downie. Then I check the paper this morning and see that he's suspended. It bugs me that I haven't been able to see Downie play live since the Flyers drafted him. Guess I'll have to wait for a Flyers game.
I've run into the same problem, I haven't seen him play live since he was drafted either. The two times Peterborough came to Guelph, he was at the WJC, and I was planning on going to the last Kitchener-Guelph game but now he's suspended.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

There's always playoffs guys! Right now it looks as though it'll be Kitchener-Guelph in round 1 (God help the Rangers) so you can catch Downie and Parent.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
There's always playoffs guys! Right now it looks as though it'll be Kitchener-Guelph in round 1 (God help the Rangers) so you can catch Downie and Parent.
Guelph is playing Saginaw if the playoffs started today. I'm hoping Kitchener and Guelph can avoid each other for as long as possible, because I think the Rangers have a good shot at it and I'll be cheering for them if Guelph is knocked out.

Old
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Guelph is playing Saginaw if the playoffs started today. I'm hoping Kitchener and Guelph can avoid each other for as long as possible, because I think the Rangers have a good shot at it and I'll be cheering for them if Guelph is knocked out.
Weirdly enough, if Downie plays against Saginaw, he may be mentioned in a segment of the Colbert Report on comedy central as the Spirit have pretty much become the official sports team of Stephen Colbert.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 06:22 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Oh, please let the standings stay as they are. At this point in time, I want no part of Guelph.

Old
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Oh, please let the standings stay as they are. At this point in time, I want no part of Guelph.
And I honestly want no part of Kitchener, I know how clutch Downie can be.

Old
03-01-2007, 06:34 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
And I honestly want no part of Kitchener, I know how clutch Downie can be.
You know it'll probably end up Kitchener-Guelph now that we've both agreed, huh? If nothing else, it would be a fun series.

Old
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
You know it'll probably end up Kitchener-Guelph now that we've both agreed, huh? If nothing else, it would be a fun series.
Haha, it probably will be Guelph-Kitchener. But it wouldn't be so bad, if and when Kitchener won the series, I'd be glad it was them and not London.

Old
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Dizzy

At least you guys get the playoffs this year. Just got home from the game, Kitchener killed the Spits. Saw Downie walking around the arena during the game saying hi to people. Off topic, but Charlie Girl, why is Soso still in the league? Didn't Kitchener have better players to use their OA cards on??

Old
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
At least you guys get the playoffs this year. Just got home from the game, Kitchener killed the Spits. Saw Downie walking around the arena during the game saying hi to people. Off topic, but Charlie Girl, why is Soso still in the league? Didn't Kitchener have better players to use their OA cards on??
He may look like it, but he's not an OA. I don't imagine he'll play his OA year in Kitchener next year. But I have to say he is one of the favourites in Kitchener. He's picked up his game, actually shows a little speed (very little, but a definite improvement since his arrival in Kitchener), he's very good along the boards, and has a few goals this year. He'll never be an all-star, but he's a good 4th liner. I love the kid, and the 'stache rules.

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 03-02-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Kevin Danko
Cheeseburger Picnic

vCash: 420
He's starting to remind me of Sean Antoski...my favorite flyer ever.
I cannot wait to see this kid, I love fighting...but i love leadership even more.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:59 PM
TK79

Maybe another elbow to the head will would do this punk wonders. Where are you Jack Johnson?

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
FearTheFlyers

Not going to be too long before Downie severely hurts someone on one of his tirades.

He needs to shape up in a big way.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
Maybe another elbow to the head will would do this punk wonders. Where are you Jack Johnson?
Yeah...because another cheapshot won't just make him more mad.

I hope when these two get into the NHL, JJ mans up and fights Steve. He deserves a beating still.

Old
03-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Dizzy

Quote:
He may look like it, but he's not an OA. I don't imagine he'll play his OA year in Kitchener next year. But I have to say he is one of the favourites in Kitchener. He's picked up his game, actually shows a little speed (very little, but a definite improvement since his arrival in Kitchener), he's very good along the boards, and has a few goals this year. He'll never be an all-star, but he's a good 4th liner. I love the kid, and the 'stache rules.
Yeah, I thought about it after I posted and realized he started at the same time as Downie. Just feels like he's been in the league forever I guess. Good for him that he's doing better in Kitchener, he was the fans whipping boy here in Windsor, and I can't say I miss watching him play. And don't get me started on the 'stache , he looks 40.