HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to Ottawa

Old
04-14-2014, 03:21 PM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
We don't need RNH, we are plenty deep at centre
We're also working away from the little players. We'll trade Spezza and hopefully get a lot bigger in the top 9.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:21 PM
SensNation613

Lol I don't even see how RNH would help Ottawa as center depth is not our problem. There's no deal to be made between Ottawa and Edmonton, both teams need some vets on defense. IMO Ottawa is set unless Michalek/Hemsky decide to test market, we need a good 2nd pair dman and we need to get rid of Phillips. None of these deals help us at all, we're not going to give Zibanejad + Lehner for RNH. That's out of the question, why would we try and ''upgrade'' Mika when he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential, and we're giving up a future #1 who is incredibly good as a Senator. RNH Is real good and could be a 80-90 point guy in the future, but I would not give Lehner AND Zibanejad for him. Lehner's ceiling is incredibly high too and he could/should be a top 10 goalie further down the line and Zibanejad has the potential to be a 30g 30a type of guy who can play great in both ends of the rink. Also selling Cowen right now would be terrible. He's young and has had a rough year, imagine if Ottawa had given up on Karlsson after that -30 season (Not saying its exactly the same but it's similar).

This thread makes no sense.

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:23 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
We're also working away from the little players. We'll trade Spezza and hopefully get a lot bigger in the top 9.
The Sens are already a big team and its gotten them nowhere

not directing this at you particularly but in general the obsession with size is mind boggling

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:24 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Hall + RNH + Nurse + 2014 1st + 2015 1st

for

Turris + Karlsson + Lehner
Oilers fans laugh at this, but in all seriousness, there's no way I'd do that as a Sens fan. Turris has become everything we could hope for and he's 24, there's still room to grow offensively.

Karlsson is elite, there's no way we move him - pretty much period.

Lehner is the future in Ottawa. A young, mobile, huge and competitve goaltender. I really have no interest in seeing another Ben Bishop scenario - even if the pieces from Edmonton are a heck of a lot better than Cory Conacher.

Old
04-14-2014, 03:26 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
The Sens are already a big team and its gotten them nowhere

not directing this at you particularly but in general the obsession with size is mind boggling
It's no necesarily just the size, it's the size the player plays. Like Turris isn't that big in mass, but he plays like a big dude. Same with MacArthur. Those are the type of players I'd love to see Ottawa have in their top 9. Zibanejad is a good start, Stone is big and a great puck pursuer, Ryan is a big boy, Lazar plays big. We're on the right track. Subtracting Spezza will go a long way IMO - and probably letting Hemsky walk as well.

Old
04-14-2014, 03:32 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
It's no necesarily just the size, it's the size the player plays. Like Turris isn't that big in mass, but he plays like a big dude. Same with MacArthur. Those are the type of players I'd love to see Ottawa have in their top 9. Zibanejad is a good start, Stone is big and a great puck pursuer, Ryan is a big boy, Lazar plays big. We're on the right track. Subtracting Spezza will go a long way IMO - and probably letting Hemsky walk as well.
Nuge is soft-ish but he pics off puck and has great hockey sense. As long as you're good defensively and can produce against physical opponents, it makes no difference to me

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:33 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Big physical good skating left defenseman = Cowen
Big number #1 centre = Spezza
Solid physical bottom 6 winger = Neil
Big physical reliable right handed D = Gryba
Another solid bottom 6 winger = Greening
Throw in a 2nd rounder for kicks

Nugent-Hopkins for Spezza, Cowen, Gryba, Greening, Neil and a 2nd

Hall - Spezza - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Perron
Greening - Lander - Horak
Gazdic - Gordon - Neil
Hendricks

Cowen - Petry
Ference - Schultz
Marincin - Gryba
Larsen

Scrivens
Fasth

Prince - Nugent-Hopkins - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Hemsky
Schneider - Smith - Condra
Da Costa

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Phillips - UFA
Borowiecki

Lehner
Anderson

win win
I want to vomit reading that blueline...

Edmonton's blueline get's even younger and more inexperienced, subtract our young #1C for an aging one who may be "bigger", but doesn't play physically like we would need him to, and add in a bunch of spare parts.

Honestly, it's Karlsson or bust from the Sens for RNH. We have NO NEED to trade him for anything less than that.

Quote:
better than Ference. Gotta start somewhere bro

You can have Methot instead but I thought they would prefer Cowen
I'd prefer RNH in 1C than either of those on our top pairing. They are not legit top pairing guys and are just more stopgaps.

Your spare parts are not getting RNH.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:34 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Nuge is soft-ish but he pics off puck and has great hockey sense. As long as you're good defensively and can produce against physical opponents, it makes no difference to me
I think the rigors of this game catch up to you way too quickly to make a strong argument for acquiring someone like that. Yes, he's skilled. Yes, he's got great awareness, but so does Spezza and he's oft-injured and ineffective against strong forechecking/big, tough D-men. I'm not sold on RNH being any different at all.

You have to agree that it's time for a new page in Ottawa.

Old
04-14-2014, 05:10 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
We don't need RNH, we are plenty deep at centre
This

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 95
So--Judging by some responses Hopkins is a 3rd liner at best?

04-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
So--Judging by some responses Hopkins is a 3rd liner at best?
Lol I dont think anyone is saying that. I think most teams would have him lower on the depth chart then the oilers would though. On Ottawa he'd be competing with zibby for 3rd line center. He's very much still a raw talent thats developing.

Last edited by Whizar: 04-14-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:17 PM
SuperDuper101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Start with Karlsson and add.
ROFLMAO. Good luck. Oilers fan crazy at it's finest. I'm guessing you invited all your friends to a Stanley Cup party 2014 last June? This was the year right?

SuperDuper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:24 PM
SuperDuper101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
You've been told the price. RNH and a small plus for Karlsson, or such a ridiculous overpayment that your GM would be fired for making the trade. Cowen has been awful this year, a backup goalie and a struggling defenseman don't get you a number one center.
And you've been told you're just some random guy in front of a keyboard. What makes you the authority? In order to get Karlsson it wouldn't be a small plus. Dream on all you want. All I see is the Oilers losing almost all their games.

Pretty sure Zibanejad plays:
A) Less minutes
B) Weaker linemates
C) Far less PP time

Than your hero boy "RNH" who by my count has already been seriously injured twice, is small framed for a highly skilled guy, has seen his production drastically drop off this year, and doesn't exactly perform well defensively (although that's more on the team as a whole).

It's pretty easy to be a "PPG" player when all you do is cherry pick and the whole team doesn't play any defense. I'd like to see him put up more than 60+ points on a team that doesn't play the way the Oilers do (which is badly, by the way).

He's worth more than Zibanejad because of his potential, but if you think Zibanejad doesn't carry a heavy value himself you're very mistaken. Frankly, 2-3 years from now I bet Z will easily be a 60+ point player who plays the game hard for 200 feet. And you'll be wishing you had him instead of your soft 100 foot frequently injured point producer. T_T

SuperDuper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:37 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuper101 View Post
And you've been told you're just some random guy in front of a keyboard. What makes you the authority? In order to get Karlsson it wouldn't be a small plus. Dream on all you want. All I see is the Oilers losing almost all their games.

A) Less minutes
B) Weaker linemates
C) Far less PP time

Than your hero boy "RNH" who by my count has already been seriously injured twice, is small framed for a highly skilled guy, has seen his production drastically drop off this year, and doesn't exactly perform well defensively (although that's more on the team as a whole).

It's pretty easy to be a "PPG" player when all you do is cherry pick and the whole team doesn't play any defense. I'd like to see him put up more than 60+ points on a team that doesn't play the way the Oilers do (which is badly, by the way).

He's worth more than Zibanejad because of his potential, but if you think Zibanejad doesn't carry a heavy value himself you're very mistaken. Frankly, 2-3 years from now I bet Z will easily be a 60+ point player who plays the game hard for 200 feet. And you'll be wishing you had him instead of your soft 100 foot frequently injured point producer. T_T
post of the year! bravo!

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:46 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmyfeeling View Post
post of the year! bravo!

Seriously can this just be locked now. Half these posts can just be simplified to I've never seen the other guy play but he's not on my team so obviously he's garbage.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:51 PM
spaghtti

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
Seriously can this just be locked now. Half these posts can just be simplified to I've never seen the other guy play but he's not on my team so obviously he's garbage.

reality is this thread should have been locked around page 3

spaghtti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:53 PM
jgoud*

Quote:

A) Less minutes
B) Weaker linemates
C) Far less PP time

Well that was hilarious to read. Any sane person would rather have RNH than Paajarvi 2.0 but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. That would be the equivalent of an oiler fan saying they'd rather have Schultz than Karlsson because karlsson is small and frail. RNH is a better producer and two way player than Zibanejad is right now and it's not even close.

As for prying RNH from Edmonton, it would have to be for an upgrade and the only upgrade on your team is Karlsson. So unless he's coming back, RNH isn't going to Ottawa.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:56 PM
MaskOfThePhantasm
5 14 6 1

vCash: 50
Ottawa has nothing of equal value that we'd give up RNH for.

Potential ****** in this thread can ride Zibanejad's jock all they want, but he'll never be worth RNH.

MaskOfThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
trexall*

Quote:

A) Less minutes
B) Weaker linemates
C) Far less PP time

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. This poster speaks for himself. All credibility lost. Zibanejad cant hold RNH's jockstrap.

trexall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Othello*
VezinaLehner

16 Goals while playing with Kassian is great

Othello* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:37 PM
burgess1978

RNH value > Zibanejad value for sure, but from an Ottawa PoV I would rather ...

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Smith

than ..

RNH
Turris
XXX
Smith

... with both Spezza and Zibanejad traded away.

Plus ... the cost of acquiring RNH under any circumstance would definitely require at least 2-3 of Lehner, Zibanejad, Lazar, Ceci, Methot ... so I am not sure Ottawa wants to pay the price to add to an existing position of strength.

Last edited by burgess1978: 04-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.
burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:

A) Less minutes
B) Weaker linemates
C) Far less PP time

What a super duper post

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:01 PM
SephF
Patreeky

we want Hemsky back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Start with Karlsson and add.
uh-huh....

Potential is great and all but lets be realistic here.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:41 PM
SensNation613

Lol, yea Zibanejad is not even close to MPS
The fact that you're comparing the 2 is hilarious.

As said, RNH was given more of a chance to play in Edmonton. Hall/Yaku/RNH all played top 6 minutes right after coming out of junior but Zibanejad has been slowly given more responsibilities. Right now RNH >> Zibanejad without a doubt, but he hasn't gotten the same chance that RNH got. Further down the line, Zibanejad will be worth a lot and selling him now makes no sense. RNH hasn't really proven much either so it's not smart for the Sens to trade Zib + another significant piece.

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:25 PM
trexall*

Quote:
RNH hasn't really proven much either so it's not smart for the Sens to trade Zib + another significant piece.

RNH easily outperformed Landeskog in his rookie season. Did most forget his PPG numbers in his rookie 18 year old season was the highest since Crosby and OV ? Only reason Landeskog won the award .. he played more games. RNH had the same amount of points and played over 20 less games.Where was Zibanejad during this time? RNH has significantly been better then Z in his NHL career thus far , sorry man. 0.70 vs 0.42 PPG. While playing in more games and being the same age. How quickly people forget just how explosive this guy has the potential to be. Skating/passing/Vision/ is at an elite level for this guy. The fact he is just 20 and went through shoulder surgery and is averaging 0.70 PPG thus far in his career speaks volumes on what he has the potential to become by the time he is 22-23. Zibanejads a good young swedish player. I like him a lot and would love to have him on the Oilers but RNH is worth much more then Z. Only a handful of players are worth more in a trade then RNH. Very soon only few will be worth more then him. I have noticed HFboards hatred/ignorance of Oiler prospects is pretty evident because they have been losing so much. Expect RNH to break out next year then challenge for the Art Ross for several years after that. Quote me on that.

trexall* is offline   Reply With Quote