HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Old
04-10-2014, 02:31 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

vCash: 500
Can someone speak on how Lindberg's been so far this season? I know a big part of his game is Sweden was his faceoff ability and his defensive ability has that translated well to the AHL and what are his chances of sliding into a 3/4C role next season?

04-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
Can someone speak on how Lindberg's been so far this season? I know a big part of his game is Sweden was his faceoff ability and his defensive ability has that translated well to the AHL and what are his chances of sliding into a 3/4C role next season?

He's a good two way player who does everything well, but isn't flashy. He will give it a good run for a spot in the preseason, assuming he has a hard-working summer where he builds up his strength and shot.

He may not make it in October, but he should get a chance at some point during the season when injuries hit and he has a little more experience.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

The Pack stomped St John's last night 7-2 to make it 7 wins in a row. First time since 2009. Miller had two goals, Lindberg had one SHG, Latta scored his first. Sucks that they'll miss the playoffs.

Last edited by Raspewtin: 04-13-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
The Pack stomped St John's last night 7-2 to make it 7 wins in a row. First time since 2009. Miller had two goals, Lindberg had one SH, Latta scored his first. Sucks that they'll miss the playoffs.
Thanks to Missiaen, Stajcer, Malcolm, all those mid-season ATOs and PTOs. Puck!

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 06:15 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The game got chippy late. Watching the highlights and looking at the box score. McIlrath didn't fight. He has had only 3 fighting majors in the new year. He had 7 in the first 3 months. Looks like they told him to concentrate on playing the game. Sitting in the penalty box won't help him get better. Everyone knows he can fight.

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=4119

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:02 PM
shinchanyo

I was looking at the prospect points and couldn't help but wonder back to a time when anisimov had over 80 points in a single AHL season. Has it become much tougher to score in the AHL or was it solely due to suckage that nobody came even remotely close?

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
I was looking at the prospect points and couldn't help but wonder back to a time when anisimov had over 80 points in a single AHL season. Has it become much tougher to score in the AHL or was it solely due to suckage that nobody came even remotely close?
Anisimov is a terrific offensive talent, the only reason he doesn't score more in the NHL is because of his lack of speed.

The AHL is a much slower league than the NHL, it gives more time and space for players like Anisimov, Dawes, ect, who have great skills but not the necessary speed (of skating or decision making) to replicate that at the NHL level.

04-14-2014, 09:12 AM
odhaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Thanks to Missiaen, Stajcer, Malcolm, all those mid-season ATOs and PTOs. Puck!
There were some very solid NCAA free agent goalies available the last few weeks that the Rangers passed on, including one that was at their development camp. Very surprising, considering lack of organizational depth at that position.

odhaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:16 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by odhaguy View Post
There were some very solid NCAA free agent goalies available the last few weeks that the Rangers passed on, including one that was at their development camp. Very surprising, considering lack of organizational depth at that position.
It's possible they have their eyes on a Junior overage goalie or they see Skapski as the guy they want to groom and they don't want anyone in his way getting playing time.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The game got chippy late. Watching the highlights and looking at the box score. McIlrath didn't fight. He has had only 3 fighting majors in the new year. He had 7 in the first 3 months. Looks like they told him to concentrate on playing the game. Sitting in the penalty box won't help him get better. Everyone knows he can fight.

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=4119
Could be that, or could be that once he had his go around last year and this, Dylan's cemented himself as guys know not to challenge him. I'd say he had one draw in his AHL fights, and probably lost only 4 out of 40+ in juniors. Dude can handle that part of the game very well.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:44 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Could be that, or could be that once he had his go around last year and this, Dylan's cemented himself as guys know not to challenge him. I'd say he had one draw in his AHL fights, and probably lost only 4 out of 40+ in juniors. Dude can handle that part of the game very well.
This is what it is. I have mentioned this many times. Even Clarke mentioned this at last years draft. Dylan is going to have to answer the bell. He has a reputation. Once teams realize it is the real deal people stop ringing that bell. He doesn't HAVE to fight anymore.

Old
04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Anisimov is a terrific offensive talent, the only reason he doesn't score more in the NHL is because of his lack of speed.

The AHL is a much slower league than the NHL, it gives more time and space for players like Anisimov, Dawes, ect, who have great skills but not the necessary speed (of skating or decision making) to replicate that at the NHL level.
You might have either misread me or just decided to provide a loittle bit of analysis on Artie but I wanted to point out I wasn't asking about Artie. I was asking how come nobody is scoring in the AHL the way that Artie did?

Fast, Lindberg, Miller, kristo, Thomas, Kreider, etc. Lots of AHL talent not scoring even close to Artie's 80. With some of those guys it's obvious: they were yo yo'd and missed a lot of GP in the AHL as a result. But some of them were there the whole time.

Old
04-14-2014, 11:55 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Miller was over a point per game this season.

Fast and Lindberg are in their first North American season. Kristo is in his first professional season and scored at a better rate than Anisimov did in his.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:00 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Fast and Lindberg are in their first North American season. Kristo is in his first professional season and scored at a better rate than Anisimov did in his.
which reinforces my point that when we traded ANisimov for Brassard, we won :p

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
You might have either misread me or just decided to provide a loittle bit of analysis on Artie but I wanted to point out I wasn't asking about Artie. I was asking how come nobody is scoring in the AHL the way that Artie did?

Fast, Lindberg, Miller, kristo, Thomas, Kreider, etc. Lots of AHL talent not scoring even close to Artie's 80. With some of those guys it's obvious: they were yo yo'd and missed a lot of GP in the AHL as a result. But some of them were there the whole time.
PA Parenteau

Old
04-14-2014, 12:09 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:

arty also played with PAP that year i believe.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:22 PM
shinchanyo

Yea that's more what I was wondering. Was it an issue of talent not being there or the guys just being green? Or a mix of both. Fast and Lindberg were obviously just starting in the AHL but had been big point contributors with their respective pro league clubs overseas prior to joining. So it was only natural for me to wonder how they were doing compared to how AA did. Maybe if my lazy ass had made even a cursory glance I would have compared AA's first AHL season with this, their first pro season in the AHL, or looked at how they compared at certain ages. Kristo for instance is older than Artie was in his first AHL season (i'm pretty sure)

But i was lazy and just asked instead. I was wondering about the AAAA talent comparison too. Makes sense that a guy like PAP certainly must have helped too. We just jettisoned Newb so there is no one like that for our current guys.

So good then. All questions answered. Thanks folks

New question. Anyone think they will take the steps on their own and be 70-80 pt AHLers next year based on their own talents? (Provided they don't make the NHL)

Old
04-14-2014, 12:29 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Anisimov's first AHL season was as a 19 year old. Kristo's as a 23 year old.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Joey Bones

So Michael Haley got a 3 game suspension. What happened?

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 02:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Anisimov's first AHL season was as a 19 year old. Kristo's as a 23 year old.
My point was that Anisimov took off in his second AHL season, and that other than Kreider, all of the guys he mentioned were in their first AHL season. Nothing more.

I don't particularly care for Kristo. Anisimov as a prospect was better than Kristo is currently.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 06:03 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by odhaguy View Post
The FA goalies are not going to sign w/NYR; The reason Hank and Cam. It takes 2 parties to negotiate and these goalies and their agents are not stupid, they see and analyze the NYR goalie situation and realize for next 5 yrs at least (excluding injury)NYR net is full. Why would a legit FA NCAA goalie want anything to do with NY, there is no room at the inn? If NYR want to add to their goalie roster they must draft one.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 07:22 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
The FA goalies are not going to sign w/NYR; The reason Hank and Cam. It takes 2 parties to negotiate and these goalies and their agents are not stupid, they see and analyze the NYR goalie situation and realize for next 5 yrs at least (excluding injury)NYR net is full. Why would a legit FA NCAA goalie want anything to do with NY, there is no room at the inn? If NYR want to add to their goalie roster they must draft one.
Talbot will be UFA after next season and if next season is anything like this year he might move along to somewhere else. I don't see him necessarily as a major roadblock. He's also an advertisement for the Rangers ability to take an unknown goalie from an obscure college program (Alabama-Huntsvile) and turn him into a legit NHL goalie. And then there's Benoit Allaire who is among the top goalie coaches around. IMO the Rangers should be an attractive destination for free agent goalies who aren't exactly ready to step in at the NHL level.

Old
04-15-2014, 07:53 AM
frisland

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Talbot will be UFA after next season and if next season is anything like this year he might move along to somewhere else. I don't see him necessarily as a major roadblock. He's also an advertisement for the Rangers ability to take an unknown goalie from an obscure college program (Alabama-Huntsvile) and turn him into a legit NHL goalie. And then there's Benoit Allaire who is among the top goalie coaches around. IMO the Rangers should be an attractive destination for free agent goalies who aren't exactly ready to step in at the NHL level.
Also, if I'm not mistaken we only have Lundqvist and Talbot under contract for next season, no one for Hartford. Whoever we sign has a good chance to be the starter in the AHL.

frisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 08:29 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisland View Post
Also, if I'm not mistaken we only have Lundqvist and Talbot under contract for next season, no one for Hartford. Whoever we sign has a good chance to be the starter in the AHL.
And that's a good point. Most likely none of the college free agent goalies signed are likely to be NHL goalies next year unless the team's they sign with get hit by injuries in that area. The better ones will be in the AHL.

What I'd like to see the Rangers do for next year for Hartford is to sign a good AHL quality vet goalie like LeNeveu or Grumet-Morris and sign a top end college free agent goalie such as Rumpel or Motte and do their level best to at least split the games between the two.

Old
04-15-2014, 08:16 PM
bmoak

Quote:
New question. Anyone think they will take the steps on their own and be 70-80 pt AHLers next year based on their own talents? (Provided they don't make the NHL)
Only 2 players cracked the 70+ barrier this season: Travis Morin (5th AHL season after 2 ECHL seasons) and Zach Boychuk (5th AHL season, with short NHL call ups every year). There were 13 guys who did it when Anisimov did, and most of them were AHL lifers.

bmoak is online now   Reply With Quote